Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Titan RBs

Is it the DeMarco show or will it be a two headed monster with DeMarco and Henry?

Which tier do you have the two ranked ppr?

I am higher than most on Demarco and think he will be the main guy there. I've got Demarco tier 3 and Henry way down with the standard handcuffs.

I like Murray a lot also especially in ppr .

I think Henry will get his carries but over all Murray will be the goal line guy and be used in the passing game.

Is it the DeMarco show or will it be a two headed monster with DeMarco and Henry?

Which tier do you have the two ranked ppr?

I like both of them. The offense should be all about ball control, with plenty of carries to go around. I see Murray taking the majority of carries early on, with Henry getting a few more touches as the year goes on. If either of them goes down, the other becomes an RB1 instantly.

I think Henry will get his carries but over all Murray will be the goal line guy and be used in the passing game.

I like both of them. The offense should be all about ball control, with plenty of carries to go around. I see Murray taking the majority of carries early on, with Henry getting a few more touches as the year goes on. If either of them goes down, the other becomes an RB1 instantly.

Henry is definitely the goal line back, not Murray.

I agree with this. They didn't draft that monster to have him sit on the bench at the goal line.

Maybe, but Henry won't vulture all the goal line work. Murray is a capable goal line back, and I think it will be whoever is on the field will stay on the field situation. They drafted Henry to be the back of the future, but they're paying Murray a lot of money to take him it out in the red zone.

Naw I don't agree , I think Murray especially early into the season will get the goal line work , and than I can see the coach putting in the rookie as the season progress .

Naw I don't agree , I think Murray especially early into the season will get the goal line work , and than I can see the coach putting in the rookie as the season progress .

I see this scenario playing out if Murray is struggling or the teams has a losing record. But if Murray is playing well and the Titans are in contention for a playoff spot, they'll ride him hard.

Different take here.

I am all in on Henry at his current price. Muddled mess until one gets hurt, but if it is Murray, then Henry becomes a potential championship pick that you acquired for pennies. I am grabbing him in every draft.

Different take here.

I am all in on Henry at his current price. Muddled mess until one gets hurt, but if it is Murray, then Henry becomes a potential championship pick that you acquired for pennies. I am grabbing him in every draft.

I like this take.

Different take here.

They Drafted Henry with a 2nd round pick. he's not gonna sit on the bench.

Murray was acquired by moving down 15 picks in the 4th round.

who do you think is more valuable?

That being said, Murray can catch passes out of the backfield and that is a skill Henry doesnt have. I can see a scenario where Henry plays the Jeremy Hill Role and where Murray plays the Giovani Bernard role.

of course, Murray is a better runner between the tackles than Gio is. but I think this is the more likely scenario.

and Henry will get all the goal line carries.

Different take here.

Problem is that his ADP is late 7th or early 8th in a 12 teamer. That's not "pennies" imo. I'd happily take him in the 10th or later, but I'm not high on him as an RB3.

Different take here.

Just curious, around what other RBs do you have him ranked? I see him going just after Jennings a lot of times, which isn't terrible value, but I wouldn't classify it as pennies.

I got Henry at 7.08 in a 12-team draft on Sunday night. He might have come back around to me, but I "reached" to make sure he was secured. According to Fantasy Football Calculator, his ADP in 7.10 among all of the 12-team mocks done on their site recently.

That is right around where Forsett and Abdullah are going.

When I say "pennies", I mean compared to first or second round RB....grabbing a running back that can potentially offer RB1 #'s for a RB3 price.

BTW, Christine Michaels and Alf are two other high ceiling RB's that can still be had for "pennies". If I had a deep enough benches, I would own all 3.

Different take here.

Nice take but he isn't a late round flyer. Where he's going I'm still looking for players I can conceivably start from day one

I think both have good value with Murray getting more touches because of receptions, and Henry likely getting GL carries. I'm in Nashville so they were drafted in the 2nd and 4th respectively, so I didn't have any interest for that price.

Mularkey hasn't pulled any punches to this point. I really think they run the sh!t out of the ball when feasible, just like he says. There will be a few games when they probably have 40+ rush attempts.

Murray is the guy right now. Henry is the guy of the future. This year ride Murray. Henry is a handcuff

Neither. I'll pass. There is no upside. Terrible defense, they'll play from behind a lot and throw the ball. The offensive line stinks. I think Murray will have a worse year than last year. I'm not sure Henry is fast enough to do much, but he might bang in from the 1 for a handful of TD's. I could maybe see taking Henry as a RB4, but I truly think there are many better options especially in PPR.

Neither. I'll pass. There is no upside. Terrible defense, they'll play from behind a lot and throw the ball. The offensive line stinks. I think Murray will have a worse year than last year. I'm not sure Henry is fast enough to do much, but he might bang in from the 1 for a handful of TD's. I could maybe see taking Henry as a RB4, but I truly think there are many better options especially in PPR.

I can sort of agree with everything except Henry's speed. He's FAST for a guy that huge. He can fly.

Different take here.

This^

I think both have good value with Murray getting more touches because of receptions, and Henry likely getting GL carries. I'm in Nashville so they were drafted in the 2nd and 4th respectively, so I didn't have any interest for that price.

Mularkey hasn't pulled any punches to this point. I really think they run the sh!t out of the ball when feasible, just like he says. There will be a few games when they probably have 40+ rush attempts.

Are you sure you are in Nashville? We normally don't allow Gator fans to stay too long!!

They Drafted Henry with a 2nd round pick. he's not gonna sit on the bench.

Murray was acquired by moving down 15 picks in the 4th round.

who do you think is more valuable?

That being said, Murray can catch passes out of the backfield and that is a skill Henry doesnt have. I can see a scenario where Henry plays the Jeremy Hill Role and where Murray plays the Giovani Bernard role.

of course, Murray is a better runner between the tackles than Gio is. but I think this is the more likely scenario.

and Henry will get all the goal line carries.

Henry was drafted because the titans running game was atrocious in recent memory. They are going smashmouth and if Murray were to get hurt they will need Henry. Henry can be drafted to sit on the bench. A OC anonymously said that you need two RBs to win now and did not say a committee either, said that you need two because of injuries. I'm assuming it was the titans OC that said it. Also, Henry will likely get involved as a change of pace back when Murray is having a tough game. However, Henry could get something like Jonathan Stewart in 08/09 or Lendale White(of the same team here) in 08 while DWill and CJ0K were the lead backs on run heavy teams.

Are you sure you are in Nashville? We normally don't allow Gator fans to stay too long!!

Born in Florida and my dad went to a small school in Florida during the beginning of the Spurrier Era. So I grew up a Gator.

Henry is the value pick here. Bet he is close to Murray by end of year in pts

I just drafted Murray as rb1 at 4.12. Took wr with first 3 picks. Saying that as disclosure. Someone in another thread posted great rookie backs. They were AP, Edgerrin, and Mike Andersen. Yet every year people proclaim some rookie RB is going to the next. Henry will not be it. If you drafted him in single digit rounds, you have likely made a mistake.

I disagree. I think McCluster will come in on 3rd downs. I do believe Murray will be the main guy however, picking either Murray or Henry will only result in weekly frustration

I'd caution writing Murray off in short yardage situations. I get Henry is a beast, but he runs high and upright, and at the goal line there's always somebody bigger than you.

Murray has always ran with a low center of gravity, seemingly gaining 3-4 yards every time he falls forward. In Dallas they referred to this as getting "the dirty yards."

Henry may be the future. May. But Murray still has good upside, especially running behind a very underrated offensive line.

Murray was traded for almost nothing because he didn't fit what the new coach wanted to do and it would free up cap space. Murray is a perfect fit for the Titans. Strong downhill runner. I don't see Henry taking over the majority of carries unless Murray gets injured. I think goaline will be whoever is in there during the drive.

U don't pay Murray to not get a majority of the carries. Plus if the Titans are losing Murray will be the man. I see the Titans trailing most games. I doubt McCluster gets much 3rd down work.

I'm glad Murray is falling because of Henry

Picked Murray at 6.6 as my RB2 in a 12 man PPR so will see .

I'm glad Murray is falling because of Henry. So Murray will probably be a 5-6 rounder and Henry 7-8? value is pointing to Murray.

If I take Murray I'm reaching for Henry, if I don't take Murray, I'll still take Henry at the right spot.

Worst case scenario for that is ending up with a mid to low RB 2 and potential flex play. Thats as safe as it gets for where they're being taken.

I've heard Henry has look great in the passing game, plus dexter is there, so I wouldn't count on Murray being the passing down back.

I no don't even go there , Murray will be used a lot in the passing game.

Got Henry at 9.05 in a 12-man redraft tonight, as a bench/flex option with Zeke and Freeman as my starters.

Very pleased.

What round where you able to land Freeman?