Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

About ten days away. Some big names out there so far, more to come. Where does AP end up? I have Baltimore as a dark horse for him. What does your team need ? Who do you want?

Giants- Need to get a left tackle, looks like there are some available, and need to get some sort of TE. Alshon Jeffery is the pipe dream. Some DE depth would be nice, and will have to see if they keep DRC, if not, a nickel back. Depth was exposed at CB vs GB. Cap situation OK

Jamaal Charles just got released as well.

I'm a Bears fan so if they can get rid of Cutler and get Romo I would be pretty happy. Obviously they need a new wide receiver. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the direction the Bears are going.

Jamaal Charles just got released as well.

I'm a Bears fan so if they can get rid of Cutler and get Romo I would be pretty happy. Obviously they need a new wide receiver. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the direction the Bears are going.

Could see JC on the Eagles (Peterson). Read a rumor that the Bills might cut Shady. Not buying it.

Could see JC on the Eagles (Peterson). Read a rumor that the Bills might cut Shady. Not buying it.

See and I heard they might cut Tyrod Taylor as well and draft DeShaun Watson.

Forgive me if I don't have the wording on Taylor correct. Essentially move on from him. Cut not resign or whatever.

Eisen today was talking about Peterson possibly going to the Giants. But I know they like Perkins too

See and I heard they might cut Tyrod Taylor as well and draft DeShaun Watson.

Forgive me if I don't have the wording on Taylor correct. Essentially move on from him. Cut not resign or whatever.

Eisen today was talking about Peterson possibly going to the Giants. But I know they like Perkins too

I would say the Giants are a long shot. Supposedly Jerry wants AP in Dallas. Time for an intervention in big D

I would say the Giants are a long shot. Supposedly Jerry wants AP in Dallas. Time for an intervention in big D

Dallas won't happen, AP wants to play. Giants would be a good fit and at this stage, he needs a dynamic counterpart like Perkins.

FA is for bad teams generally. The Packers hardly are active in FA and I agree with that line of thinking for the most part. But it would be nice if they got some cheap vet depth.

Their needs in order in my opinion are:

-edge rusher

-cb

-guard

I am assuming they are not able to resign Nick Perry. TJ Lang, Tretter, Barclay are all FAs on the oline. They are talking like they want to bring back Lacy on thr cheap. That is fine with me. Him and Ty is enough for what we try and do on offense.

Id like them to draft an edge rusher in the first or 2nd. Very strong year for that position. Id like them to sign a cheap vet CB.

AP to Dallas is not happening.. Jerry will try like hell to make it work - but Stephen will kill it, and rightfully so. No way in hell do we need a back up making what it would take to sign him. Even at a pay cut, he'd still be too much.

AP to the Giants makes a ton of sense - and it would worry me very much... But PLEASE keep Flowers at LT - he's perfect for our system. :D

What's JPP's status? How much does he want? I'd be very interested in him for the right price.

If they are starting over it isnt a bad idea. Their options are slim. If they keep Tyrod then sure keep the team intact, but they have all but ran him out of town. Otherwise they are looking at a Nick Foles level vet. A 1st round rookie who isnt ready. And there has been a lot of Cardale Jones as the opening day starter.

To me they should just start over and basically tank and see if they can get the USC kid in 2018. Start Cardale cut some vets and just suck.

AP to Dallas is not happening.. Jerry will try like hell to make it work - but Stephen will kill it, and rightfully so. No way in hell do we need a back up making what it would take to sign him. Even at a pay cut, he'd still be too much.

AP to the Giants makes a ton of sense - and it would worry me very much... But PLEASE keep Flowers at LT - he's perfect for our system. :D

What's JPP's status? How much does he want? I'd be very interested in him for the right price.

Didnt JPP get tagged?

Didnt JPP get tagged?

Oh did he? Damn, I didn't even see that... Well rats - we could use him for damn sure.

I think they hand picked him for 5 digits but that deal blew up.

Nice

If they are starting over it isnt a bad idea. Their options are slim. If they keep Tyrod then sure keep the team intact, but they have all but ran him out of town. Otherwise they are looking at a Nick Foles level vet. A 1st round rookie who isnt ready. And there has been a lot of Cardale Jones as the opening day starter.

To me they should just start over and basically tank and see if they can get the USC kid in 2018. Start Cardale cut some vets and just suck.

They should, but I don't think they will. It's not like there is no talent there, and they arent quite the disgrace some other teams are. The Bills are usually a very competitive team, In game, they just have trouble getting the W. Maybe that's their problem, not hitting rock bottom, but I don't see a rookie head coach tanking a season.

If Flowers is the starter without serious competition, something went really wrong. It's time to move him over and bring in a competent player. An upgrade there should be easily obtained.

They should, but I don't think they will. It's not like there is no talent there, and they arent quite the disgrace some other teams are. The Bills are usually a very competitive team, In game, they just have trouble getting the W. Maybe that's their problem, not hitting rock bottom, but I don't see a rookie head coach tanking a season.

Problem is media, fans, Jim Kelly all have crapped all over Tyrod. Well half the fans. Then they go ask him to re do the deal he just signed. They made this deal so they got 1 more year of play to make a decision. They can get out now or keep him. Tyrod is by mean a QB that is going to contend for a SB outside of having a top 3 defense and pieces. He had basically the same year maybe even took a step back. But his WRs were all hurt. So hard to evaluate him any more than they could have last offseason.

They probably do end up keeping Tyrod who they crapped on. They will just keep spinning their wheels to more 7 win seasons.

They are in a tough spot but I think at some point they need to start over and draft a real top prospect QB and not EJ Manuels.

Mccoy is what 30? Marcel Darius is a loser off the field. Kyle Williams is soon to retire. Gilmore looks to be too expensive to keep. Sammy is one big injury waiting to happen.

Watkins is in his make or break year. I always thought there were a lot worse QB's out there than Taylor. If I'm the Bills I keep him and Draft Kelly's nephew, even though he appears to be a nucklehead. The little I have seen of him looked like he could play.

Watkins is in his make or break year. I always thought there were a lot worse QB's out there than Taylor. If I'm the Bills I keep him and Draft Kelly's nephew, even though he appears to be a nucklehead. The little I have seen of him looked like he could play.

Oh for sure there are worse QBs than Tyrod. But he isnt a QB who will win games himself. If it were not for his legs he would not be startable. Pretty much still a 1 look maybe 2 reads sort of guy. I understand there are only so many real quality NFL QBs but at some point you have to look for more than .500 type seasons. Many times you have to get worse in order to get legit.

Yeah Chad Kelly has a lot of talent. But he is just too much of an idiot. His actions scream idiot and you cant win with that at QB. Maybe he goes late enough to where it is worth a shot. Im not real sure where he is being projected to go.

As an Eagles fan, I just hope that Roseman and co. don't go after Kenny Stills. He might be one of the most overrated pending FA's on the market.

There's plenty of speed guys in this year's draft. Get one of them. I'd rather have Mack Hollins from UNC than Stills.

There's some people literally speculating that Stills could command (lol) $12 mill a year. If a GM gives him that kind of money, they should be fired the following morning

As an Eagles fan, I just hope that Roseman and co. don't go after Kenny Stills. He might be one of the most overrated pending FA's on the market.

There's plenty of speed guys in this year's draft. Get one of them. I'd rather have Mack Hollins from UNC than Stills.

There's some people literally speculating that Stills could command (lol) $12 mill a year. If a GM gives him that kind of money, they should be fired the following morning

Yeah I heard that too and thought it had to pof been a mistake. Kenny Stills is like an average to below average #2

How does Stills suck with Brees on the turf and break out with Tannehill? Fools gold.

How does Stills suck with Brees on the turf and break out with Tannehill? Fools gold.

Exactly.

The problem is: There's really no "good" WR available in free agency outside of Alshon...but even he isn't going to be worth whatever he'll command from some team with too much money to spend. It wouldn't surprise me if that dude wants $13-15 mill a year.

Exactly.

The problem is: There's really no "good" WR available in free agency outside of Alshon...but even he isn't going to be worth whatever he'll command from some team with too much money to spend. It wouldn't surprise me if that dude wants $13-15 mill a year.

Yeah. Alshon is going to get overpaid because of the lack of star power at the posistion. Intrigued by Britt, he's a size receiver and has kept his nose clean, but the Giants arent in a good spot to take on a guy with issues after the Josh Brown debacle.

Britt was just arrested for DUI's right and some incidents with the cops though right?

I mean..the Josh Brown debacle is fresh in people's minds...but given the NFL's love of beer, I doubt the issue might get raised that much w/ Britt.

Kendall Wright could be an interesting name that gets some interest after the bigger names go by. I still think he could be a serviceable WR as long as he doesn't have to be "the guy".

TBH, I kinda hope that the Cowboys or Giants **don't** sign him​

Don't see Wright as a fit in the Giants. Looking for the prototypical big outside WR, if they go for one. Reese falls in love with his mid-late draft picks that he never hits on, and they have a few WR's from back of the draft. Woukd like to see the Eagles cut DG Beckham. He's a guy I would gamble on.

DGB is Ramses Barden 2.0

Hes more athletic than Barden.

Titans need secondary and receiver.

Would like to see Buoye, maybe even berry if he walks.

I don't like any fa wrs So hopefully we address secondary and free ourselves up to go wr in the draft.

Kendall wright should go to the pats. Would be deadly there. He's garbage in Nashville, they'll let him walk.

Reading that Cousins will end up in SF. Washington got messy real quick. D Jax and P Garçon out the door as well. That offense was humming last year.

Reading that Cousins will end up in SF. Washington got messy real quick. D Jax and P Garçon out the door as well. That offense was humming last year.

Won't be humming this year. They letting their good offensive pieces go. They have who now? Matt Jones and Jordan "Brittle Bones" Reed? Not very promising

That team is a train wreck.. I was telling a Skins homer on the main board.. They've an overpaid, porous defense, no running game, wrs leaving left and right and a qb they keep jerking around.

That fluke Division title they won in '15 really did a number on them. They bought their own hype - actually think they're good.

That team is a train wreck.. I was telling a Skins homer on the main board.. They've an overpaid, porous defense, no running game, wrs leaving left and right and a qb they keep jerking around.

That fluke Division title they won in '15 really did a number on them. They bought their own hype - actually think they're good.

It's amazing. I was starting to worry about them long term, they looked like they were stable at HC and QB, which is half the battle. And now the GM is on his way out. Oh well.

The Browns have 102 million in cap space. Last year when the Giants went nuts they had 56 million.

Jack Doyle resigns with Colts. Was hoping.

If Flowers is the starter without serious competition, something went really wrong. It's time to move him over and bring in a competent player. An upgrade there should be easily obtained.

idk if whitworth signed anywhere yet but the Giants should be going hard after him, the rest of their team is win now with that defense and eli/odell. need a guy like whitworth at LT, move flowers to RT and let Perkins be your young, fresh legs RB

Dallas won't happen, AP wants to play. Giants would be a good fit and at this stage, he needs a dynamic counterpart like Perkins.

I disagree. I would look for him to try for the pats first then the 2 Texas teams.

I disagree. I would look for him to try for the pats first then the 2 Texas teams.

Unless AP is willing to play for about a mil a year, his ass is not coming to Dallas.