Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

Love would rank lower on the list now, because his value has been suppressed by 3 years of playing with LeBron. But his pre-LeBron value was worth the #1 overall pick in the NBA Draft. Klay, Draynond, Tatum, Brown, Horford, and Hayward havent ever been nor are likely to ever be that valuable at any point in their careers.

Players value changes year on year due to all sorts of things.

1. Injury (Love is continuously hurt)

2. Lack of playoff production

3. General ebbs and flows of productivity

4. Off court life and lifestyle

5. On and on

6 years ago Danny Granger, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudomire, etc. were studs.

Time. Multiple Injuries. Work Ethic. A myriad of things can happen to reduce productivity over a players career.

Its normally not as simple as some single hot take talking point like you're implying. We normally leave that nonsense for mouf breathers who listen to shows like First Take on ESPN. I never pegged you as one of those.

Well of course, as you think he sucks. And if Tatum played with Lebron, youd think he sucks.

I dont think Love sucks. I think the team around LeBron this year sucks.

I dont think Love sucks. I think the team around LeBron this year sucks.

To be fair, this years Cavs team was pretty much thrown together.

Kyrie Irving was supposed to be on this team. However he had is "thing" last summer and demanded a trade. This threw a wrench in all of the Cavs roster plans, sent them scrambling to try and minimize his loss as best as possible.

It is, what it is. It's Lebron......Kevin Love.....then a mish mash of a lot of really average NBA players. Cav's just need a couple of those guys to step up and they can make this a series. They need a Clarkston to channel his inner Terry Rozier. Or a Nance Jr. to decide, I'm going to guard Tatum and shut his arse down.

What exactly are we arguing here?

Kevin Love is an NBA All Star type caliber player. His style of game, inside/out, can knock down 3's, good pick and roll player actually fits in well with a LeBron James team.

His problems with the Cavs have been mostly due to 1.) his multitude of injuries and 2.) his inconsistent play.

Love has been hurt, A LOT. That in and of itself limits production and his gelling with other players. And when healthy he will often times go through shooting slumps. Other than that he's been a good addition to the that team. :dunno:

Cleveland's problem isn't Love, its lack of production 3 thru 12 on the roster. Korver has been streaky, Hill & JR are just flat out old and tired, Tristan has the Kardashian Kurse, and well, their head coach should be coaching High School somewhere in California.

Personally, I'd like to see more Clarkston, Calderon and Larry Nance. JR Smith needs to ride the pine.

ETA: With that said, looking at the rosters of the 4 teams left......Kevin love is pretty low if you just rank them and he's Cleveland's by far second best player. So MDC's point is valid. I'd tthink most any GM would trade Kevin Love straight up for any of these players (if all were healthy)....

LeBron

Durant

Harden

Kyrie (hurt)

Curry

C.Paul

Klay

Draymond

Tatum

J.Brown

Horford

Hayward (hurt)

Love

I'd say Hayward is about where you have Klay, and above those other guys.

Predictions for tonight? Total Cs homer, but I think they win tonight, fairly similarly to game 2.

Cavs in a route. Both team's role players are bad on the road

Cavs by 20. Fock the Leprechauns. ☘️

I was close.

Curry woke up tonight, doesn't bode well for everybody else moving forward.

Watching these guys try to act all tough is funny.

I'll show you how tough I am! Watch me shoot this ball from 25 feet away never touching anyone.

Every one of these dudes would be laid out if they played in the 80's.

Also, this should've been the easiest call of the playoffs. D'antonio does the whole "See I told you," press conference after game 2. Blow out was inevitable after that.

Curry woke up tonight, doesn't bode well for everybody else moving forward.

One thing I've noticed in this series Golden State has done a great job of is really limiting Trevor Ariza. They have basically said Paul and Harden can get theirs but they don't really have a terribly effective third scorer. And you're just not beating Golden State with two guys.

They have off nights like tonight and it's a complete blowout.

One thing I've noticed in this series Golden State has done a great job of is really limiting Trevor Ariza. They have basically said Paul and Harden can get theirs but they don't really have a terribly effective third scorer. And you're just not beating Golden State with two guys.

They have off nights like tonight and it's a complete blowout.

Warriors defense made the difference tonight.

Game three was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Game 4. Ugh, much tougher game to predict. Cavs win but Cs cover the 7 points. First tight game of the series.

Sure is quiet round here. :unsure:

I am a warriors fan. Should I be crowing?

I am a warriors fan. Should I be crowing?

Not sure. There was just a lot more chatter from the peanut gallery a couple days ago. Just an observation.

I'm a LeBron fan, but I'm not going to be happy until they take one in Boston. Both of these teams play like on the road.

I'm a LeBron fan, but I'm not going to be happy until they take one in Boston. Both of these teams play like ###### on the road.

Agreed. Home team has yet to lose. Its 2-2. Series is knotted up.

I was just commenting on how quiet this thread became. It was popcorn and candy bars last week.

I'm not going to be happy until they take one in Boston. Both of these teams play like ###### on the road.

This, expected and really nothing to discuss here. Cleveland held serve against a young Superstarless Boston team, Congratz.

:dunno:

Win a game in Boston, then we'll talk.

Agreed. Home team has yet to lose. Its 2-2. Series is knotted up.

I was just commenting on how quiet this thread became. It was popcorn and candy bars last week.

No bigger front runners than the Boston fan. None.

This, expected and really nothing to discuss here. Cleveland held serve against a young Superstarless Boston team, Congratz.

Win a game in Boston, then we'll talk.

I thought Tatum and Rozier were stars?

It's not going to matter who comes out of the East. They're going to get whacked.

No bigger front runners than the Boston fan. None.

Considering Golden State's fan base is a bunch of middle schoolers I'd say warrior fan disagrees with you.

It's the NBA. How often do home teams lose?

c'mon now.

It's the NBA. How often do home teams lose?

c'mon now.

You should watch some games and see for yourself. :)

Considering Golden State's fan base is a bunch of middle schoolers I'd say warrior fan disagrees with you.

That's that one team. SF and Oakland are loyal to their other teams. I think I've remarked on how the Patriots games used to be blacked out, even during some good years. They weren't even all that popular until they won multiple championships. No problem getting a Pats ticket in the early 2000's.

You should watch some games and see for yourself. :)

I have to watch to know home team has an advantage in the NBA :o

It's not going to matter who comes out of the East. They're going to get whacked.

This

Celtics have 1 road win the entire playoffs. Not sure what folks expected.

If LeBron let's this Celtics team end his finals run, he takes a hit.

His finals record isn't great, he may end up being better off losing now, another bad finals won't do him any favors either.

Celtics have 1 road win the entire playoffs. Not sure what folks expected.

and 0 losses