Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

New Orleans at Minnesota: Divisional Playoff Game Thread

The fourth quarter win probability graph on ESPN.com looks like it was recording an earthquake.

Wow that was awsome.

This could be the best game of the post season. Minnesota is a complete solid team. Plus with the Saints being on the road, I'm not so sure I would lean Saints even with the +5 being offered.

Give me Minnesota -5. But I may just sit back and enjoy instead.

Well, Vegas got it right on the spread. And you can't deny the entertainment value.

Well, Vegas got it right on the spread.

I wonder how many millions were lost by them not kicking the PAT?

I left a friends house when possession changed since no way they can win with 25 seconds left. Had a funny feeling and sure enough on the drive home pull up nfl mobile and there’s Diggs with an all time play. I had called saints +5.5 a lead pipe lock and of course that 1 in a million score costs them the cover. But wait! First time ever seeing a kkneel down on a PAT and the 5.5 covers! So 2 1 in a million scenarios happen. What a great game. I’d be in pure shock if I was saints. Why the hell weren’t they further back in prevent?

I left a friends house when possession changed since no way they can win with 25 seconds left. Had a funny feeling and sure enough on the drive home pull up nfl mobile and theres Diggs with an all time play. I had called saints +5.5 a lead pipe lock and of course that 1 in a million score costs them the cover. But wait! First time ever seeing a kkneel down on a PAT and the 5.5 covers! So 2 1 in a million scenarios happen. What a great game. Id be in pure shock if I was saints. Why the hell werent they further back in prevent?

Probably just field goal worries. Not sure what the defender was trying to do on that play though. That dude feels like crap tonight I would imagine.

As a Buccaneers fan, I can't think of these last 2 playoff seasons to end for NFC South teams. First, the Falcons have the biggest chock in NFL Super Bowl history, follow that up with losing to NICK FOLES the following season... THEN, the Saints taking one of the biggest dumps at the end of the game. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! :clap: :doublethumbsup: Serves Payton right for being a total d-bag anyway.

I left a friends house when possession changed since no way they can win with 25 seconds left. Had a funny feeling and sure enough on the drive home pull up nfl mobile and theres Diggs with an all time play. I had called saints +5.5 a lead pipe lock and of course that 1 in a million score costs them the cover. But wait! First time ever seeing a kkneel down on a PAT and the 5.5 covers! So 2 1 in a million scenarios happen. What a great game. Id be in pure shock if I was saints. Why the hell werent they further back in prevent?

That kneel down on the extra point for a game ending TD affecting the line happened earlier this year already. That's definitely not a 1 in a million. Not kicking the extra point in that spot is standard now. Don't risk your kicker getting hurt on some fluke I guess.

everyone is taking the Saints, how does that usually work out?

:clap:

Williams' attempted tackle was off-the-scale pathetic... :thumbsdown:

He was the safety. He should NEVER have "dove" at Diggs. Look at the replay - he was actually PAST Diggs, when crashing to the turf. Oh, and BEFORE Diggs even caught the ball. So, *if* he even struck Diggs, it would have been pass interference. :shocking:

I can't believe both Johnson and Strahan gave Williams a pass, during post-game comments. Their comments didn't even make sense, that he was told to avoid interference. (See above for his location, and timing of his dive.) :huh:

Yahoo had a story on Williams, that he broke down crying on the way to the locker room - as well he should have.

With *all* the focus on head injuries the past five years or so - I *thought* defensive players were being coached to hit "with your head up," and to "wrap up!!!" :doh:

Again, just absolutely pathetic. He likely cost Brees another SB ring. MIN / NO should easily beat Philly. And, both MIN's and NO's defensive pass rush and cover corners will give New England problems.

Williams' attempted tackle was off-the-scale pathetic... :thumbsdown:

He was the safety. He should NEVER have "dove" at Diggs. Look at the replay - he was actually PAST Diggs, when crashing to the turf. Oh, and BEFORE Diggs even caught the ball. So, *if* he even struck Diggs, it would have been pass interference. :shocking:

I can't believe both Johnson and Strahan gave Williams a pass, during post-game comments. Their comments didn't even make sense, that he was told to avoid interference. (See above for his location, and timing of his dive.) :huh:

Yahoo had a story on Williams, that he broke down crying on the way to the locker room - as well he should have.

With *all* the focus on head injuries the past five years or so - I *thought* defensive players were being coached to hit "with your head up," and to "wrap up!!!" :doh:

Again, just absolutely pathetic. He likely cost Brees another SB ring. MIN / NO should easily beat Philly. And, both MIN's and NO's defensive pass rush and cover corners will give New England problems.

Wow. Nice guy.

Wow. Nice guy.

I'm sure they are. Also prolly a NO fan, who had their hopes dashed due to a last second mistake/miracle.

Looked to me like he was worried about a PI call, so he timed to go low and hit him down in bounds.

But he didnt. And he inadvertently took out the closest (only) player that might have caught Diggs.

Can't usually ever blame the game on one play. The rook made plays throughout the season to get them there. And he muffed the last play badly.

I hope he's got someone handling his Twitter feed this next couple weeks. He phuct up, but he doesn't deserve the hate he's going to get.

Well, in the category of Karma being a biitch...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sean-payton-appeared-to-mock-vikings-fans-with-skol-clap-after-saints-took-late-lead/

The Saints had a great season on the field, although it ended in spectacularly painful fashion against the Vikings on Sunday night, but it has not been a good year for Sean Payton in terms of "not getting caught on camera mocking other teams and fanbases." Payton's been going full scorched earth down the stretch for New Orleans and appears to have been caught mocking Vikings fans with a Skol clap after the Saints took the lead with 25 seconds left on a Wil Lutz field goal.

How about the Saint's offense not running the clock down. THIS is why they lost. :thumbsup: Sure the safety didn't make the tackle, but he shouldn't have been put in that position.

• Like 1

How about the Saint's offense not running the clock down. THIS is why they lost. :thumbsup: Sure the safety didn't make the tackle, but he shouldn't have been put in that position.

Hmmm. They did at least force the Vikings to use a couple of time outs. I was kind of thinking the Vikings should have worked the clock a little more before their last field goal. After they got in position to to kick the 50+ yarder (which was eventually made), they went pass, pass, pass for two incompletions and a short gain where they went out of bounds. That left way too much time for the Saints. I can understand wanting to make it a shorter try, but the risks seemed to outweigh the benefits at that time. If they had run the ball three times they would have been able drain most of the clock (even if the Saints used their last time out) and probably would have gained more yards than they did with the three pass attempts.

Hmmm. They did at least force the Vikings to use a couple of time outs. I was kind of thinking the Vikings should have worked the clock a little more before their last field goal.

You are correct, the Vikes screwed the pooch too. :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: