Sign in to follow this  
Middle-class income hit an all-time high of $61,400 last year, U.S. Census says...

As with just about every other economic indicator, high earners are skewing the results. The upper quintile and especially the top 5% have made big gains, while true middle class income is fairly stagnant. This trend has been fairly consistent for the last ~30 years or longer.

You are pretty focking stupid for a doctor.

Where is his trump bonus people are saying they are getting? Whats it under on my pay stub? Cant write his stuff, too comical. I found 20$ on the ground last month, thanks Trump!

Also its only Trumptards who ever claim this magical increase. You never hear libs go Grrr I hate Trump but hey he personally sends me money every check so thats cool.

You also suffer from extreme focking stupidity.

The change went into effect at the beginning of the year.

Lower tax rate >>> Lower amount withheld each pay period >>> Increased take home.

For some it was small, say less than $100/pay period, for others it was more. Regardless that is $500- several thousand more in real money that people have to spend on their family or lottery tickets because of the tax cuts.

Don't you remember the "crumbs" comments from all of the deranged lefties? Until they realized that everyone was happy with their "crumbs" so they switched to "only the 1% benefited from tax cuts" so they could appeal to stupid people who don't have jobs?

• Like 1

You should buy a pair of black Keds. If you want to be successful you got to look the part. :thumbsup:

A better mark of success is renting a room on Craigslist

Lower tax rate >>> Lower amount withheld each pay period >>> Increased take home.

For some it was small, say less than $100/pay period, for others it was more. Regardless that is $500- several thousand more in real money that people have to spend on their family or lottery tickets because of the tax cuts.

Don't you remember the "crumbs" comments from all of the deranged lefties? Until they realized that everyone was happy with their "crumbs" so they switched to "only the 1% benefited from tax cuts" so they could appeal to stupid people who don't have jobs?

What lower tax rate? Ok I see it now. Never knew anything about it. Id have to see what it looks like on the stub to see if its real or if it magically doesnt include me. Thats nice though. I dont know crap about taxes, I just pay whatever and they take whatever.

Let's not forget the child credit, that Obama decreased, is now back up to 2k per kid. MAGA!

What lower tax rate? Ok I see it now. Never knew anything about it. Id have to see what it looks like on the stub to see if its real or if it magically doesnt include me. Thats nice though. I dont know crap about taxes, I just pay whatever and they take whatever.

theres a big difference between an allowance and a pay check

Everything I said was factual.

Did you perform a Bonferroni correction as part of your review?

Except that inflation is increasing and we went into major debt for that.

And the richer among us and corporations took home far more than the middle class (which is the whole focking point of the opposition to his tax cuts)

Nobody stated only the 1% benefited. You are lying as usual.

Let's not forget the child credit, that Obama decreased, is now back up to 2k per kid. MAGA!

What Obama tax bill did this? And when was the CTC $2000 previously?

What Obama tax bill did this? And when was the CTC $2000 previously?

You're right, it wasn't 2k previously. MAGA! And Obama cut it for people who earned more than 43k if I recall.

Are black sneakers tax deductible? For those of us who work in food service or some other menial sh1t job b that requires you to dress like an ass?

Asking for a friend.

Are black sneakers tax deductible? For those of us who work in food service or some other menial sh1t job b that requires you to dress like an ass?

Asking for a friend.

Excavation for the pool is scheduled for October. MAGA! Oh yeah, woof woof. Roll over boy, I'll give ya a snack.

You're right, it wasn't 2k previously. MAGA! And Obama cut it for people who earned more than 43k if I recall.

The increased credit is nice, but keep in mind it partially comes at the price of losing the dependent exemption of roughly $4000.00 a head. So it's a bit of a shell game.

The increased credit is nice, but keep in mind it partially comes at the price of losing the dependent exemption of roughly $4000.00 a head. So it's a bit of a shell game.

What about the increase to 12k for the standard deduction ?

Its going to take RP til October to figure out a plausible reason why a chauffeur would need black sneakers.

What about the increase to 12k for the personal exemption?

There is no personal exemption anymore. The personal, spouse, and dependent exemptions were all rolled into the new expanded standard deduction as I understand it. $24k is a nice standard deduction, granted. It will probably amount to a net tax cut for most middle class families but it should be understood that some of these changes aren't necessarily exactly what they appear to be on the surface. In my case I have a daughter who is a dependent, but not a qualifying child, so I lose her exemption but don't get the child tax credit, so I think I may be taking it in the shorts.

Its going to take RP til October to figure out a plausible reason why a chauffeur would need black sneakers.

Haven't done that in over a year. Keep up.

Reason? Lot of ducking and weaving going on Jeeves. :lol:

New job. Working on another pension. MAGA!

What kind of driving gig requires black sneakers? lol

Roll over Fido. Lol.

Roll Call: Who's doing better under Trump?

I am.

I am.

MUCH better

Doing about the same :dunno:

Much much better...

Thank you Trump!!

Here's a tip. We won't know how much better or worse off we are (when it comes to taxes) until the Spring of 2019 when we file our taxes.

Here's a tip. We won't know how much better or worse off we are (when it comes to taxes) until the Spring of 2019 when we file our taxes.

Eh, you can get a pretty close estimate. I'm looking forward to an increased refund.