Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Anthony Miller, Bears

It's obvious this is a new era for Chicago, which has made huge strides offensively this offseason under new HC Matt Nagy by grabbing Allen Robinson, Trey Burton and now Miller. Miller is 5-11, 201-pound receiver who can bench 225 pounds 22 times with 10 5/8-inch hands. While he frustratingly commits some focus drops on relatively easy throws, has some ball security issues and exhibits a bit much upper-body motion when trying to sell a route, he wins 50-50 balls more often than a player his size probably should. His huge hands allow him to haul in some passes most receivers would have no prayer of catching and, while his speed gets knocked by critics, his ability to separate and get behind defenders consistently is impressive. Last but not least, he is as good of a blocker as any wideout in this class. There is a lot of former Panther and Raven Steve Smith in his game. Considering Kevin White cannot stay healthy and Taylor Gabriel is the next best receiver on the roster, Miller could muster WR4 value in redraft leagues if he nails down a starting job. He should be in the early-second round mix at worst in rookie drafts.

Im an Anthony Miller fan so was mad to see him go here.

On the plus side they moved up for him

Loooove this pick for da Bears.

glad. Seeing as how Kevin white broke his collarbone today. Tripped on his shadow.

According to the things that I look at and value the top 3 rookie WRs to draft and that will produce year 1 go as follows:

1-Michael Gallup

2-Anthony Miller

3-Christian Kirk

According to the things that I look at and value the top 3 rookie WRs to draft and that will produce year 1 go as follows:

1-Michael Gallup

2-Anthony Miller

3-Christian Kirk

Whats with all thr Gallup love? Produce right away? Williams Hurns and Beasly will probably be the starters week 1.

So a running team with a QB that wont see 4000 yards is the recipe for a mid 3rd rounder to thrive? I dont get it.

I go by draft capital and the path to the most targets. They drafted him in third round as there only WR taken and who else does he have to beat out to be the WR1 in term of targets. Allen Hurns and Terrell Williams. Who are both at best a WR3

Whats with all thr Gallup love? Produce right away? Williams Hurns and Beasly will probably be the starters week 1.

So a running team with a QB that wont see 4000 yards is the recipe for a mid 3rd rounder to thrive? I dont get it.

I go by draft capital and the path to the most targets. They drafted him in third round as there only WR taken and who else does he have to beat out to be the WR1 in term of targets. Allen Hurns and Terrell Williams. Who are both at best a WR3

Hurns put up 1000 yards with Blake bottles as the qb. He is the wr to own in Dallas.

I agree, I think Hurns is more of a wr3

He might be the wr to own on the Cowboys, but that just shows how weak they are in that postion

Any success they will have will be because of the Zeke.

I think that Gallup could be a good one too pick up.

He doesn’t have a lot standing I his way of being the Cowboys best wr.

Thanks.

3rd round tookie WRs rarely end up as a teams number 1 in their 1st year. Why would you just assume him to be that good?

3rd round wrs in the 2017 draft were...

Cooper kupp

Ardarius Stewart

Taywon Taylor

Carlos Henderson

Kenny Golloday

Dede Westbrook

Chris Godwin

Kupp was the only one worth much of anything last year. And that offense was explosive.

3rd round tookie WRs rarely end up as a teams number 1 in their 1st year. Why would you just assume him to be that good?

3rd round wrs in the 2017 draft were...

Cooper kupp

Ardarius Stewart

Taywon Taylor

Carlos Henderson

Kenny Golloday

Dede Westbrook

Chris Godwin

Kupp was the only one worth much of anything last year. And that offense was explosive.

Hell, look at the fantasy wasteland that was first round wr last draft. Davis, Ross, and Williams combined put up crap.