Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings - Update

Luck seems a little high at 4.

I'm not buying the hype of Barkley at 2.

Fair enough on both points. If you've seen a recent picture of Luck, I think it is a pretty good bet he'll be ready for training camp. You're not hitting the weights as hard as he is if your shoulder is bothering you. I think No. 4 is actually low for him given the relatively small track records of two of the three guys ahead of him.

The Giants just solidified the left side of their line and the combination of OBJ/Engram pretty much ensures defenses are not going to be able to load the box against Barkley. I think Shurmur's usage of Dalvin Cook last year provides a pretty good baseline of the workload Barkley will have as a rookie. Barkley is also 21 and wasn't overused at Penn State. When you consider David Johnson is already 26 and Zeke isn't exactly a favorite of the commish, I think the case for Barkley becomes even stronger.

Book marking this for a read when I have time.

Thanks for all your dynasty work you do for us.

Overall the rankings are great with a few minor things I don't agree 100% with. If we ranked players the same and agreed on everything it would take a lot of fun out playing fantasy football.

Overall the rankings are great with a few minor things I don't agree 100% with. If we ranked players the same and agreed on everything it would take a lot of fun out playing fantasy football.

Thanks. I'm not taking your remarks as criticism. It's good to have differing opinions.

Believe me, I don't lose sleep over worrying about what potential criticism when I do rankings/analysis. This isn't the right business for people with thin skin :P

• Like 1

I personally like the long term potential of Cousins, Winston, and Garoppolo over Newton, Stafford, and Mariota simply based on style and age. But, if you're only thinking "4 years", then the rankings are fine. For QB's, I tend to think a lot longer for them because they just stay healthier than other positions. In a keeper league with term restrictions, these are perfectly fine, but for a dynasty league... I would lean more to the pocket passer and youth.

I am in deeper dynasty leagues, 14 teams 36 roster spots, 12 teams 35 roster spots, etc. I enjoy lists such as these not to see who is ranked near the top, but rather who is ranked near the bottom. Who could i possibly buy low on.

Based on your list I sent out feelers for moncrief,tyler lockett, and Allen hurns in multiple dynasty leagues. I did not even get a counter offer. I think those 3 in particular are all too low in your list.

The Moncrief owners surprised me the most. He has shown almost nothing to this point in his career. I thought they would send a counter offer back.

Lockett is who you are probably most off on. Seattle lost both Richardson and Graham and Seattles defense will be worse this year. Lockett has a chance to finally be a full time player. Who knows what he will do with that chance, but he could suprise and finish with 800-900 yards and a handful of TD's which would put him in the low end #2 high end #3 discussion. He is only 25 years old and plays with a young QB, his dynasty stock is probably just as high as his redraft stock. A big year this year could cement him as the #2 in seattle.

That's the same way I look at things. If everyone else agreed with me, I'd never be able to get the guys I want.