Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Who are you avoiding?

This whole time I thought the opposite, I was under the impression the site was for about 12 guys who want to see how many times they can post with main and other ids. I have been playing since around 1991 and maybe every time I post I should not feel such onslaught of people trying to protect it. Ill try to refrain and get with the program if I don't get bored. Even my sarcasm at least had insight that a few might ponder.

Dude, everybody's opinion is valued here to some degree. You sift through all the crap and use what you want. I've won games in my league with info gleaned off this board. And there's some comedic value here too. As an older guy you know better than to come on a fantasy football forum without having thick skin.

As for Hyde, I like his situation, even with the decline of Frisco's status. But like MOST young backs dude needs to improve in the passing game, which means he needs to learn how to block first and foremost. PFF had him ranked as the 31st most effective pass blocker among backs with significant carries last season. And his pass catching grade was in the negative. Of course there are other high ranked backs like Jeremy Hill who won't see big work in the pass catching game either. But please don't try to compare Frisco's defense OR offensive line to Cincy's.

I just looked at schedule and Hyde don't have anything there either to hang his hat on for upside. Melvin Gordons schedule looks good and weeks 14 and 16 are favorable if you feel like taking a risk. I am starting to shy away from Latavius Murray. Hard call to make, if you play things safe you wont get a Melvin Gordon who can make or break your team.

Guys I am, and am not, going after:

Forsett - I think you will see more receptions out of him this season. The line is about the same and their new Coordinator made Forte, and every rb prior to him, a top 5 fantasy RB. I think he's a steal for where he's going.

Big Ben - You are seeing this team change.... They still don't have solid play in the Secondary and can be torched for points. He will throw more often than usual and I see him as a top ten fantasy QB in 2015, that's enough for me to wait on a QB (If I can't get to Luck early).

Allen Robinson - I loved him coming out of college and can see him being a 1,000 yard WR this season. Obviously that's not great, but I view him as a much better option than what other people are drafting around his ADP. His ceiling is very high and his floor pretty low with Lee unable to stay on the field.

Amari Cooper - I'm not high on rookies too often, but he's Pro-Ready. He could step in as a legit WR2 this season. For the record, I also drafted Beckham Jr. last season.

Joseph Randle - He has talent. He had talent in college. It's his screwball attitude that slows him down. He's no burner, but he can run between the tackles very well and if they give him the ball, I see him being just as good as Murray, minus a few hundred yards. lol Still a nice choice though.

Forte - I'm not taking him at his current ADP. That line sucks. The team fell apart last season and Forte isn't getting any younger. I still think he's in for a nice season, I just won't take him early.

J. Bell (Detroit) - I'm a bigger fan of Abdullah than I am of Bell. Bell has zero big game potential. He's also hampered by injuries pretty frequently. I don't want to deal with an injury plagued RB in a time share.

Adrian Peterson - If I can't have Bell at number one, I want Charles/Peterson at my number two. Likely Peterson. They have a defense that is highly underrated and in the second year of Norv's offense, when the players tend to take off more....

C.J. Spiller - I'm targeting this guy pretty often. I think his receptions could bring him to the RB2 category in PPR Leagues. Coach knows how to use players like him and I'm betting he's used more as a receiver out of the backfield than a RB.

Nick Foles - Did I need to add him? I'm a Rams homer and our line is BAD. 3 rookies, one second year guy, and one guy who misses an average of 3/4 games per season. Welcome to St. Louis Foles. We'll see you carried out on a stretcher soon.

Russel Wilson - I think he's actually underrated this season. Losing Unger is going to hurt the run game some. He was a top 3 Center. Adding Graham, who may only see 60 receptions, to go with more rushing yards for Wilson, should equal a pretty nice fantasy season.

I'm a Jarvis Landry fan in PPR leagues as well. He does nothing but catch his 5 passes for 50/60 yards per game. Although not great, he's consistent. You need ten points, he'll get you ten to twelve. You need twenty points, he'll get you ten to twelve.

Gronk - I'm officially targeting him in all my leagues. If Brady is suspended the first 4 games, he will be the main focus. Once Brady is back, he'll definitely be the main focus.

Ryan Tannehill - I think he's pretty underrated right now. He could be another guy that surprises and finishes in the top ten. Granted, his success has come mostly against below average defenses, but I'll take a flier on him before most.

Kevin White - I'm not touching him in redraft. I don't see him being a starter as a rookie, nor do I see him having the success as a rookie that some guys drafted below him may have.

Gurley - The Rams drafted him for next year and beyond. They'll go slow with him and see how his knee fares. In redraft, I'll let someone else take him unless he falls wayyyyyyyy down the board. Our line combined with his knee issue = serious letdown.

TJ Yeldon - I like Yeldon. He's going to have some great games in 2015, barring injury. His division sucks against the run, outside of Texas.

Arian Foster - Depending on where he falls, I may take a shot on him now. Each time this guy comes back from an injury, he lights it up. The only problem is if the Texans are already out of it when he returns, they may not want to push him. Depending on where he's taken, it's a high risk, high reward, type of pick. I'd be more comfortable taking him than Todd Gurley in a redraft.

Sneaky guys - Leonard Hankerson in Atlanta and the rookie in Baltimore at WR. Can't spell his name off the top of my head. Perriman? By mid-season, I expect him to be a part of that offense. Gore in Indy. Sure, he's old, but look what mediocre (at best) RB's have done playing with Luck...... A 50+ reception season with 1,200 yards rushing would put him in a damn good spot for where his current ADP is. Andre Johnson is another guy I really like. He could finally hit the TD marks he couldn't hit while playing with crappy QB's in Houston. He's being undervalued, in a big way in my mind, in 2015.

We're on the same page for about 90% of these, you win yours, I'll win mine.

• Like 1

That's bad and too long to wait for an rb. You can get a far better rb1 than Coleman with zero strat. You can start taking rbs in rnd 3 preferably and get solid guys like Morris, Hyde, Gordon, Gore etc. rnd 4 if a WR fell to you but with Coleman his rb1 he is in trouble. I'd be ok with a stable of something like Joique, Mason, Jennings, ivory or something like that.

if you take a rb in round 3 that isn't exactly 'zero back'. lol

I'm not touching a RB in the first three rounds not names lacy,bell,charles,ADP. I just don't see the value there

I hate CJ anderson and can't understand why people think he can hold onto the denver job when there is so much competition and the team itself is going to suffer with manning exposed for his being a baby back bitchh

if you take a rb in round 3 that isn't exactly 'zero back'. lol

I'm not touching a RB in the first three rounds not names lacy,bell,charles,ADP. I just don't see the value there

I hate CJ anderson and can't understand why people think he can hold onto the denver job when there is so much competition and the team itself is going to suffer with manning exposed for his being a baby back bitchh

Ball owner last year, I agree CJ ADP is too high for potential RBBC. That said, when healthy CJ was the most productive back. They're still going to work in Hillman though. Too risky for a top 5 RB pick, I'd go for a more sure thing starter, Thompson and Hillman are sniffing at his heels worries me. That said, if he were around in say round 3-4 I'd consider hiim as he is in a top offense that says they want to run more to take pressure off Peyton...

Guys I am, and am not, going after:

Forsett - I think you will see more receptions out of him this season. The line is about the same and their new Coordinator made Forte, and every rb prior to him, a top 5 fantasy RB. I think he's a steal for where he's going.

Big Ben - You are seeing this team change.... They still don't have solid play in the Secondary and can be torched for points. He will throw more often than usual and I see him as a top ten fantasy QB in 2015, that's enough for me to wait on a QB (If I can't get to Luck early).

Allen Robinson - I loved him coming out of college and can see him being a 1,000 yard WR this season. Obviously that's not great, but I view him as a much better option than what other people are drafting around his ADP. His ceiling is very high and his floor pretty low with Lee unable to stay on the field.

Amari Cooper - I'm not high on rookies too often, but he's Pro-Ready. He could step in as a legit WR2 this season. For the record, I also drafted Beckham Jr. last season.

Joseph Randle - He has talent. He had talent in college. It's his screwball attitude that slows him down. He's no burner, but he can run between the tackles very well and if they give him the ball, I see him being just as good as Murray, minus a few hundred yards. lol Still a nice choice though.

Forte - I'm not taking him at his current ADP. That line sucks. The team fell apart last season and Forte isn't getting any younger. I still think he's in for a nice season, I just won't take him early.

J. Bell (Detroit) - I'm a bigger fan of Abdullah than I am of Bell. Bell has zero big game potential. He's also hampered by injuries pretty frequently. I don't want to deal with an injury plagued RB in a time share.

Adrian Peterson - If I can't have Bell at number one, I want Charles/Peterson at my number two. Likely Peterson. They have a defense that is highly underrated and in the second year of Norv's offense, when the players tend to take off more....

C.J. Spiller - I'm targeting this guy pretty often. I think his receptions could bring him to the RB2 category in PPR Leagues. Coach knows how to use players like him and I'm betting he's used more as a receiver out of the backfield than a RB.

Nick Foles - Did I need to add him? I'm a Rams homer and our line is BAD. 3 rookies, one second year guy, and one guy who misses an average of 3/4 games per season. Welcome to St. Louis Foles. We'll see you carried out on a stretcher soon.

Russel Wilson - I think he's actually underrated this season. Losing Unger is going to hurt the run game some. He was a top 3 Center. Adding Graham, who may only see 60 receptions, to go with more rushing yards for Wilson, should equal a pretty nice fantasy season.

I'm a Jarvis Landry fan in PPR leagues as well. He does nothing but catch his 5 passes for 50/60 yards per game. Although not great, he's consistent. You need ten points, he'll get you ten to twelve. You need twenty points, he'll get you ten to twelve.

Gronk - I'm officially targeting him in all my leagues. If Brady is suspended the first 4 games, he will be the main focus. Once Brady is back, he'll definitely be the main focus.

Ryan Tannehill - I think he's pretty underrated right now. He could be another guy that surprises and finishes in the top ten. Granted, his success has come mostly against below average defenses, but I'll take a flier on him before most.

Kevin White - I'm not touching him in redraft. I don't see him being a starter as a rookie, nor do I see him having the success as a rookie that some guys drafted below him may have.

Gurley - The Rams drafted him for next year and beyond. They'll go slow with him and see how his knee fares. In redraft, I'll let someone else take him unless he falls wayyyyyyyy down the board. Our line combined with his knee issue = serious letdown.

TJ Yeldon - I like Yeldon. He's going to have some great games in 2015, barring injury. His division sucks against the run, outside of Texas.

Arian Foster - Depending on where he falls, I may take a shot on him now. Each time this guy comes back from an injury, he lights it up. The only problem is if the Texans are already out of it when he returns, they may not want to push him. Depending on where he's taken, it's a high risk, high reward, type of pick. I'd be more comfortable taking him than Todd Gurley in a redraft.

Sneaky guys - Leonard Hankerson in Atlanta and the rookie in Baltimore at WR. Can't spell his name off the top of my head. Perriman? By mid-season, I expect him to be a part of that offense. Gore in Indy. Sure, he's old, but look what mediocre (at best) RB's have done playing with Luck...... A 50+ reception season with 1,200 yards rushing would put him in a damn good spot for where his current ADP is. Andre Johnson is another guy I really like. He could finally hit the TD marks he couldn't hit while playing with crappy QB's in Houston. He's being undervalued, in a big way in my mind, in 2015.

Ok so you are a Rams homer....let me ask you....how much rope you think snead and Fisher have?

Don't you think there is pressure for them to start translating talent and potential to wins? I'm not sure they spent the 10th overall pick on a rb, in a day and age when the trend is to use 2nd and 3rds, in order to look ahead to just next year and beyond

Your Rams could have a nice defense and that lends itself to running the ball....which we all know fisher wants to do...and they moved Jamon brown to the left side next to Randall giving them a potentially devestating left side to run behind .....I think as soon as both parties are comfortable the training wheels will be off of Gurley

The Kubiak factor alone makes CJ Anderson worth his ADP. Steve Slaton (who?) averaged over 16 fantasy points per game under Kubiak in 2009 and 2010. Clinton Portis rushed for 5.5. yards per carry in his first 2 seasons (under Kubiak), and never topped 4.3 yards per carry after he left Denver.

I don't need to tell you how good Arian Foster was under Kubiak. Forsett was a 29 year old journeyman running back going into last year, and Kubiak's zone blocking scheme turned him into a RB8.

If you look at the history of Peyton Manning running backs, they have averaged 6th best in the league in fantasy points per game.

CJ Anderson averaged 24 fantasy points per start without Kubiak last year.

Everything points to a tremendous fantasy year for CJ Anderson. Maybe it won't happen, but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's no reason to not call it a duck.

The Kubiak factor alone makes CJ Anderson worth his ADP. Steve Slaton (who?) averaged over 16 fantasy points per game under Kubiak in 2009 and 2010. Clinton Portis rushed for 5.5. yards per carry in his first 2 seasons (under Kubiak), and never topped 4.3 yards per carry after he left Denver.

I don't need to tell you how good Arian Foster was under Kubiak. Forsett was a 29 year old journeyman running back going into last year, and Kubiak's zone blocking scheme turned him into a RB8.

If you look at the history of Peyton Manning running backs, they have averaged 6th best in the league in fantasy points per game.

Everything points to a tremendous fantasy year for CJ Anderson. Maybe it won't happen, but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's no reason to not call it a duck.

These are all good points. I missed him tonight by one pick in my last draft.....but was able to snipe Hillman later, who will be absolute fantasy gold if CJ gets hurt. In fact, I own Hillman in every league I am in.

These are all good points. I missed him tonight by one pick in my last draft.....but was able to snipe Hillman later, who will be absolute fantasy gold if CJ gets hurt. In fact, I own Hillman in every league I am in.

But, hillman wasn't fantasy gold last year when he had his chance? What changes this year?

Ellington

Emanual Sanders

All JETS Players

All 49ers Players

Cam Newton

WR Core of Rams

WR Core of Browns

Keenan Allen

Joique Bell

Jay Cutler

All Falcon RB

• Like 1

But, hillman wasn't fantasy gold last year when he had his chance? What changes this year?

Have you had a chance to watch him in the preseason? He looks incredible....much more decisive and elusive. And btw, he did very well fantasy-wise in relief duty last season.

Ellington

Emanual Sanders

All JETS Players

All 49ers Players

Cam Newton

WR Core of Rams

WR Core of Browns

Keenan Allen

Joique Bell

Jay Cutler

All Falcon RB

This is a good list. I would add Seahawks WR's & Patriots RB's.

Thanks man, I would have added Pats RB's but I signed Dion Lewis and I have to keep the faith in order to expect production. :D

guys who have a z in their last name. based off of last year's results. very thought out

If Hollywood hasn't lied to me, those guys are all villains anyway.

Exception: Lockett in return yardage leagues. Guys who do PR and KR can be good for flex plays. Our league does return yardage at the same rate as any other yardage.

I did not read the thread so I'm sure there are duplicates but players or situations I avoided:

1. All Cowboys Running Backs

2. All Patriot Running Backs

3. Drew Brees and Russel Wilson were all going to high for my liking

4. CJ Anderson

5. Victor Cruz

All Giants running backs

All Titans running backs

He is FAR more comfortable in Kubiak's zone blocking scheme.

I'll remind you with a friendly reminder, everyone was saying the same exact thing about Ball last year...

Hillman is a must have handcuff for Anderson owners.

I did not read the thread so I'm sure there are duplicates but players or situations I avoided:

1. All Cowboys Running Backs

2. All Patriot Running Backs

3. Drew Brees and Russel Wilson were all going to high for my liking

4. CJ Anderson

5. Victor Cruz

I think wilson and brees are perfect when not drafting luck. I like them both better than big rape.. er i mean ben.

I'll remind you with a friendly reminder, everyone was saying the same exact thing about Ball last year...

No, they weren't, because Kubiak wasn't with the Broncos last year.

No, they weren't, because Kubiak wasn't with the Broncos last year.

Time will tell.

Barring injury, I think CJ will finish top 10, which is in line with his draft position.