Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

#3 in 12 team Ppr what pick

I love dougs big board and use it and I have #3 pick Tomm but according to his board he has ab top wr and I get that but Julio has a much better green area on his take and especially the playoffs. Julio over brown or am I just overthinking. Instinct says ab all the way but his breakdown did make me reconsider.

Ab= 6 green matchups

Odb= 7 green matchups and one red in sb time

Julio= 10 green matchups and 3 in playoff and sb time

I like Jones and I would take over either one.

I'm not that excitied about Brown this season.

He should be great but I'm not going to pick him to finish number one in ppr at the wr postion.

I'm not that excited about Big Ben and I do think he's going to take a step back this season and be ready to ride off into the sunset with his body intact.

I'll take OBJ just on the hope that he can still improve.

This is assuming DJ and Bell are 1 and 2.

AB and OBJ scored about the same amount of points last year in PPR with Julio considerably less. Plus I think we've seen Brown and Julio's best already.

Trade down a couple picks and take Evans. I think everyone's expectations on WR's is too high and there's really not much of a difference between any of them.

• Brown - If Bryant is there all year, Brown's numbers will suffer. Yes, I think they could be a more efficient offense but with Roethlisberger getting older and injuries mounting up, odds are Brown falls from the top rung and maybe out of the top 5.
  • Jones - He's very boom or bust... injury history too. Counting the two games he missed, Jones failed to score at least 15 points in 7 of 16 games last year. That's too Jekyll and Hyde for me in the top 5.
  • Beckham - We've all seen him get taken out of the game... by himself and until I see it, I'm not going to believe he's fixed that. With Marshall there and a new rookie TE, I can see situations where Marshall is targeted early and Beckham gets a 3 for 50 game... multiple times.

While the Buccaneers added new toys in Jackson and Howard, this isn't a completely foreign situation for Evans. In 2014 (his rookie season), when the Bucs had Vincent Jackson, Evans still had almost 70 receptions, over 1,000 yards and 12 TD's. Also keep in mind that Josh McCown and Mike Glennon were the QB's. This years team has what I believe is a great chance to be a top 3 offense. I can see Evans improving on last years performance and being the clear #1 WR in fantasy.

Trade down a couple picks and take Evans. I think everyone's expectations on WR's is too high and there's really not much of a difference between any of them.

• Brown - If Bryant is there all year, Brown's numbers will suffer. Yes, I think they could be a more efficient offense but with Roethlisberger getting older and injuries mounting up, odds are Brown falls from the top rung and maybe out of the top 5.
  • Jones - He's very boom or bust... injury history too. Counting the two games he missed, Jones failed to score at least 15 points in 7 of 16 games last year. That's too Jekyll and Hyde for me in the top 5.
  • Beckham - We've all seen him get taken out of the game... by himself and until I see it, I'm not going to believe he's fixed that. With Marshall there and a new rookie TE, I can see situations where Marshall is targeted early and Beckham gets a 3 for 50 game... multiple times.
While the Buccaneers added new toys in Jackson and Howard, this isn't a completely foreign situation for Evans. In 2014 (his rookie season), when the Bucs had Vincent Jackson, Evans still had almost 70 receptions, over 1,000 yards and 12 TD's. Also keep in mind that Josh McCown and Mike Glennon were the QB's. This years team has what I believe is a great chance to be a top 3 offense. I can see Evans improving on last years performance and being the clear #1 WR in fantasy.

Just curious is there a little bit of bias here lol? Djax and Howard are gonna take targets away and I just do not trust Jameis at all. He regressed last year and I've always been on the Mariota > Winston debate. I watched Winston in college a lot and I just don't see it.

I agree with your Julio assessment about boom or bust but that's about it.

Martavis Bryant is a deep threat, not same kind of WR as AB so I highly doubt his presence has a negative impact on AB. If anything you could argue it will relieve some pressure off of him.

As for OBJ if he's getting taken out of games and being emotional and still finishing the season as a top 3 WR with those distractions who is to say his stats don't improve as he matures?

Also if recent memory serves me correct some of the greatest WRs of all time were complete divas. I have no issues with that.

Hilarious after sending my last reply I just saw a video of OBJ watching the eclipse without protective glasses, on purpose.

Maybe you're right TBay lmfao.

Just curious is there a little bit of bias here lol? Djax and Howard are gonna take targets away and I just do not trust Jameis at all. He regressed last year and I've always been on the Mariota > Winston debate. I watched Winston in college a lot and I just don't see it.

I agree with your Julio assessment about boom or bust but that's about it.

Martavis Bryant is a deep threat, not same kind of WR as AB so I highly doubt his presence has a negative impact on AB. If anything you could argue it will relieve some pressure off of him.

As for OBJ if he's getting taken out of games and being emotional and still finishing the season as a top 3 WR with those distractions who is to say his stats don't improve as he matures?

Also if recent memory serves me correct some of the greatest WRs of all time were complete divas. I have no issues with that.

Howard won't impact Evans and will have very little impact at all in the receiving game. He's an elite blocking TE and that's what his primary job will be this year. Also, he'll impact Brate more than Evans.

In 2014, both Evans and Vincent Jackson had over 1,000 yards and Evans has over 50 less targets than last year. The Bucs offense will be much more efficient this year because teams won't be able to double and triple cover Evans this year. It may happen early as teams may want Winston to prove he can hit other receivers. I don't see where you mean "regression" with Winston. I'd say he improved greatly. Last year he was forcing passes to Evans a lot because V. Jackson and Humphries weren't healthy and reliable for the full season. With D. Jackson in the mix and Humphries in the #3 role, the offense will be more conducive to a rhythmic consistency.

I don't have a problem with Mariota at all. I think he'll be really good... but I think his ceiling is significantly lower than Winston's. Pocket passers excel to elite levels, not runners. Mariota's biggest asset is his ability to to run. When that goes, as the injuries mount up (see his first two seasons to which he has not played 16 games in either one), the running will go down. If he doesn't adapt to being a better pocket passer, he'll hit his low ceiling very quickly. I'm not doubting that he can't, I just think Winston has the edge on that front.

Yes, Bryant is a deep threat, but the fact that the Steelers never had a complimentary receiver across from Brown should tell you that Brown's number will have to go down just by Bryant's presence. I'm not saying he's not going to be a top 5 to 7 WR, but I don't think he'll finish #1.

Yes, Beckham was still a top #3... but he didn't have a WR opposite him to the "potential" that Marshall has. Accompany that with the fact that Manning isn't really all that good of a QB, and you have the makings of a dip in production.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these guys will stink... not by any stretch. I'm just saying their not going to be a good as people are expecting and the Evans will over take them all.

I my work league, I have the #3 pick and I know that the guys picking #1 and 2 are taking Johnson and Bell (respectively). I'm taking Evans (we can't trade picks - it sucks).

I had an issue reading all of this because the beginning starts with "Howard is an elite blocking TE"

Lol no, he is not. And I can say with almost 10000000% certainty that the Bucs didn't draft him that high to just block.

Also Mariota was one of the most accurate QBs last season from within the pocket. He doesn't run if he doesn't have to.

Mariota had the 8th highest adjusted accuracy last year. Adjusted accuracy factors in dropped passes by receivers and also bad passes that are miraculously caught by the receiver.

Winston was 15th so still not bad. Regardless going from 28 TDs as a rookie to 22 is a regression in my book. Certainly not Bortles but you can't tell me he improved.

I had an issue reading all of this because the beginning starts with "Howard is an elite blocking TE"

Lol no, he is not. And I can say with almost 10000000% certainty that the Bucs didn't draft him that high to just block.

Also Mariota was one of the most accurate QBs last season from within the pocket. He doesn't run if he doesn't have to.

Coming out of the draft. C'mon, lets not be so literal here. (concerning Howard).

Have you been to any of their training camp practices? Howard is blocking on almost every play. He's getting most of his receiving work done with the second team offense. No, Tampa did not take him that high just to block... during his career... but that's what he's going to be doing this year. If he gets more than 30 receptions, I'll be surprised (watch, he'll get 31). Not the point though. He's not going to be any kind of focal point in the passing offense unless someone gets hurt.

Yeah, Mariots is good from the pocket, it's because the threat of the run is there. If the threat is gone, will he still be the same? I don't know, we'll find out.

Mariota had the 8th highest adjusted accuracy last year. Adjusted accuracy factors in dropped passes by receivers and also bad passes that are miraculously caught by the receiver.

Winston was 15th so still not bad. Regardless going from 28 TDs as a rookie to 22 is a regression in my book. Certainly not Bortles but you can't tell me he improved.

Winston didn't go from 28 TD's down to 22... he went from 22 TD's (his rookie season), up to 28. That is an improvement, not regression. Also, his completion percentage went up from 58.3% to 60.8%., a 2% increase while throwing 30 more passes (as compared to Mariota who's completion % took a small dip with more pass attempts). Passer rating (and QBR), also went up. Oh, and he's play 32 or 32 games in his career... so that helps. Being on the field I mean. ;) If I remember correctly, Winston didn't have a DeMarco Murray to help him out either.

Winston isn't a finished product and not nearly perfect, but his ceiling if he can fix the turnover issues (which I think/hope), he will, is as an elite NFL QB. I don't think Mariota is quite that high. I think his ceiling is the next tier below. Mind you, that's not bad, but not as good. That said, I think Winston's floor is lower than Mariota's because if Winston doesn't fix the turnovers, he could become the next Jay Cutler.