Sign in to follow this  
Xtreme Colts Fan

Draft Strategy

My big $$ league draft is a week from today. I drew the 8th pick in a snake format draft. Our points rules are all standard, the only difference is that a TD Pass is worth 6. The lineup is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/FLEX, TE, K, D. Due to some trading, I have 7 picks in rounds 2-5. I am picking 12, 18, 23, 32, 38, 43, 49. I am usually pretty good at picks and I think the best picks are made in rounds 3-5. I had a set strategy, but I am thinking about changing it. With 9 of the top 10 in my league probably going RB (The other being Peyton), I am thinking of taking WR with my first 3 picks and falling back on a Droughns/Dunn RB combo or a committee such as Rhodes/Addai or McCallister/Bush. What do you think of that strategy. I could probably get CJohnson/Holt/Harrison with those first 3 picks.

Let me know what you think.

B)

If your league awards 6 points for a touchdown pass, seriously consider a Peyton Manning or a Matt Hasselback, or even a McNabb in the 1st rd. For the past 2 seasons, I spent my first pick on a QB. Just remember the facts, Hasselbacks 27 tds for 6 points gives you 162 total pts for the year. While a solid rb will give you anywhere from 8 - 16 that is only equal to 48-96 points. A qb will generally give you twice as many points than a solid rb,....and while all your other owners are picking rb's, you will have already focused on YOUR starting qb. Hasselback is a safe option gien your pt scoring. And then in the 2nd rd, you can focus on a top ten wideout, or your rb. Don't be afraid to draft a qb first. And iv'e just come off a Super Bowl victory, netting me a lot o cash !!! Look at McNabbs schedule for the first 5 weeks. Pee Wee defenses if you ask me. McNabb will probably lead ALL fantasy producers in your league after about week 3-4. He's a solid choice. He might not have anyone to throw the ball too (if that's what your thinking), but he REALLY hasn't had someone to throw to the past 4 years, and they have 3 conference championships to prove it. (TO, is a bum)

GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!