Sign in to follow this  
FantasyBowl33

Who would you rather have this coming year?

Both have had a great back to back years but one of them has to falter sooner or later, right?

Give me Foster 100% look at the numbers he put up in 12-13 healthy games, no way he was 100% till mid-season..

assuming they both stay on the field I see a 20-40 point advantage for Arian..

McCoy dynasty owner here...and I'd rather have Foster.

I dont think either has to falter and I don't think either will- Both too good with great team/situations. I'd like to throw Rice into this since http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/rankings has him as top RB. Also a couple trade calculators I looked at a month ago seemed split, giving rice the edge over Foster. Is that the avg perception of most ff guys? I think Foster tops Rice and McCoy for the next couple seasons(all knees being equal)-his first yr was crazy and last yr would have been better if he wasnt hurt for half of it. I guess if you're lucky enough to get any of these three you'll be set.

FWIW CBS commissioner projections came out yesterday and they project Lynch 30 points ahead of Foster and 70ish ahead of McCoy/Rice? I'll believe that when it happens...wait,I still don't think I'll believe it if happens, but I do give them credit for 'gutsy' plays!

FWIW CBS commissioner projections came out yesterday and they project Lynch 30 points ahead of Foster and 70ish ahead of McCoy/Rice? I'll believe that when it happens...wait,I still don't think I'll believe it if happens, but I do give them credit for 'gutsy' plays!

WOW!

I do have the first pic in the fftoday zealots new dynasy league. So i am curious who others think is the most valuable player to draft #1 overall.

I do have the first pic in the fftoday zealots new dynasy league. So i am curious who others think is the most valuable player to draft #1 overall.

oh well, for that league I would say Joseph Addai would be the correct answer :ninja: what with the funky scoring system and what not.. atleast thats what I would do with the number one pick if I was u.. :ninja:

oh well, for that league I would say Joseph Addai would be the correct answer :ninja: what with the funky scoring system and what not.. atleast thats what I would do with the number one pick if I was u.. :ninja:

infact if you guy want I can just spell out the first 10 picks so this thing moves along nice and quick?? :ninja:

I pick 11th

I'm in the league and I draft second. I would pick Foster if I had the first pick, but I won't be complaining if I get Rice...the talk is the Eagles are going to limit McCoy's touches a bit more this year.

Foster, I find it unlikely McCoy reproduces last years TD #s, and their line leaves a bit to be desired. Texans always have holes no matter who they plug in with their zone blocking scheme. Also, when dealing with injury Tate is the clear cut backup who will get all the carries as a handcuff, who is McCoys backup? Does he have the talent to break a tackle or two behind the line of scrimmage like McCoy does every three plays?

I'm in the league and I draft second. I would pick Foster if I had the first pick, but I won't be complaining if I get Rice...the talk is the Eagles are going to limit McCoy's touches a bit more this year.

Out of curiosity would taking megatron #1 overall be a huge reach in dynasty? WRs last a lot longer than RBs, and with a solid QB in Stafford he could be a top 3 WR year in year out for the next 5, 6 years.

What's the deal with the dynasty league. We can keep players for 3 years?

How many players can we keep season to season?

Say I draft someone in the 9th round this year. What do I give up next year? And the year after and so on?

This is all new to me.

What's the deal with the dynasty league. We can keep players for 3 years?

How many players can we keep season to season?

Say I draft someone in the 9th round this year. What do I give up next year? And the year after and so on?

This is all new to me.

You keep your entire team from year-to-year, subject to the 3-year limitation. The round you draft them in is irrelevant (that only matters in keeper leagues, not dynasty).

If you draft a rookie AND put him on your taxi squad, you can keep him there for up to two years - the clock on the 3 years begins the minute you put him on your real roster.

Out of curiosity would taking megatron #1 overall be a huge reach in dynasty? WRs last a lot longer than RBs, and with a solid QB in Stafford he could be a top 3 WR year in year out for the next 5, 6 years.

Megatron would not be a huge reach, but our dynasty league limits the time any player can be on your roster to three years, so the logic of WR playing more years doesn't influence our league.

They must be predicting injury.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Yeah its a toss up between foster and rice. I think foster has a higher ceiling while rice is a bit safer.

Megatron would not be a huge reach, but our dynasty league limits the time any player can be on your roster to three years, so the logic of WR playing more years doesn't influence our league.

I would agree that Megatron wouldn't be a huge reach either considering it's a PPR format, but the 3-year limit rule would make me side with one of the 3 running backs. Foster, McCoy & Rice are all in their prime & all are valuable PPR backs.

The 1st 3 picks should be these guys but my personal order would be 1)Rice 2)Foster 3)McCoy

WOW!

I hope those idiots are right because I have Lynch in my dynasty league. :banana:

:lol:

Never been a fan of having a year limit you can own players in a dynasty. Defeats the purpose imo. I know it promotes trading and turnover but if you want turnover do a redraft

I like foster, rice, mccoy in that order.

As for calvin, I wouldn't take him 1. Yes wrs have a longer shelf life but all wrs have a longer shelf life. So I wouldn't let that influence my decision.

Never been a fan of having a year limit you can own players in a dynasty. Defeats the purpose imo. I know it promotes trading and turnover but if you want turnover do a redraft

Not loving it either! I will have to make some adjustments to my startup rankings :dunno:

I have actually never been in a league with this rule before so I am not sure how its going to work out

Not loving it either! I will have to make some adjustments to my startup rankings :dunno:

I have actually never been in a league with this rule before so I am not sure how its going to work out

Having a 3-year limit on keeping a player sounds more like a keeper league than a dynasty league, IMO.

Having a 3-year limit on keeping a player sounds more like a keeper league than a dynasty league, IMO.

It is my first dynasty so im not really going off of experience, but i think it adds a cool dynamic to the game. A lot of strategy will go into which players to keep and which to get rid of based on how many years is left on their 3 year limit.

Player A may have more potential but he has 1 year left on his limit where player B may have less potential but you have 3 years to use his talents.

For anyone in the league can you explain how our draft will go next year.

Will we have a chance to decide which players we want to keep or give back and it will be based upon where we took them?

Come the third year what happens to our players. We lose them but get that draft spot back?

This being my first ever dynasty/keeper league I'm a bit unsure of how everything works.

Thanks.

For anyone in the league can you explain how our draft will go next year.

Will we have a chance to decide which players we want to keep or give back and it will be based upon where we took them?

Come the third year what happens to our players. We lose them but get that draft spot back?

This being my first ever dynasty/keeper league I'm a bit unsure of how everything works.

Thanks.

the only draft for vet players will be this year. the folling years we will only be drafting rookies

The players you pick this year will only be eligable to play for your team for three seasons, so the idea is that you deal them while they are still your property

the comish has put this rule in to keep trading active and aim for league parity

the only draft for vet players will be this year. the folling years we will only be drafting rookies

The players you pick this year will only be eligable to play for your team for three seasons, so the idea is that you deal them while they are still your property

the comish has put this rule in to keep trading active and aim for league parity

So come year 3 everyone will have an entirely new team?

There won't be a draft, aside from rookies, next year?

Let's say I hold onto Vick for 2 years and deal him in year 3. The new qb that I dealt him for I can keep for 3 years?

Is that why people trade? You are kind of forced to trade if there isn't a draft.

Wouldn't this result in someone say just swapping Eli Manning and Matt Ryan in year 3 b/c they are both of about equal value and there limits are about to expire. You have to trade everyone on your team?

My favorite part of fantasy is the draft. Not in season trades b/c my players time limit is up. Not sure what I think about this.

I was thinking this was more like a keeper league where you can keep say 3 players you drafted at the current draft spots. Not draft everyone and then make sure you trade them in year 3. I don't even see how that many trades are fun or realistically doable.

I was thinking this was more like a keeper league where you can keep say 3 players you drafted at the current draft spots. Not draft everyone and then make sure you trade them in year 3. I don't even see how that many trades are fun or realistically doable.

I would decide if the league is for you asap, I am sure the comish could find another guy now alot quicker then after the draft.. Not trying to be a jerk BTW, just a pretty big commitment if your not sure its for you?

I would decide if the league is for you asap, I am sure the comish could find another guy now alot quicker then after the draft.. Not trying to be a jerk BTW, just a pretty big commitment if your not sure its for you?

I absolutely agree. Today was the first day that I am having second thoughts, as I'm new to this and really now just starting to understand how everything is going to work.

I am correct in my understanding of the league as stated above? I certainly would bow out asap if I decided this wasn't for me.