Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

D. Freeman

What does everyone feel about Devonta this year. He seems to be a huge favorite to disappear and while that's possible he certainly passed the eye ball test for me last year behind a bad line.

It seems like most feel good about him but don't want to spend for him. What's your sweet spot for him?

The whole RB situation is so murky this year. I think I'd draft him before E. Eliot and David Johnson, but after guys like AD, Bell, etc.

I'd probably go WR/WR and then target the Forte, D/L Murray, Hill type guys though.

The whole RB situation is so murky this year. I think I'd draft him before E. Eliot and David Johnson, but after guys like AD, Bell, etc.

I'd probably go WR/WR and then target the Forte, D/L Murray, Hill type guys though.

I think WR/WR will be THE preferred strategy this year by regular players, which makes it much more difficult to complete.

After last season I posted just how much I like Freeman going into this season .

But after you look at his numbers you will notice that in his last seven games he never rushed for a 100 yards he only scored two rushing tds and he avg 3.4 per rush .

I think he will lose more playing time to the more gifted Coleman this season .

And I was very much in Freeman's corner after last season but I don't see it in the numbers based on his last seven games .

I see maybe four Rbs that I would draft in the first two rounds .

Now again all my leagues this season will be ppr .

But if I have a shot at the top four Rbs I will take one of them .

I still have Zeke ranked number one .

• Like 1

After last season I posted just how much I like Freeman going into this season .

But after you look at his numbers you will notice that in his last seven games he never rushed for a 100 yards he only scored two rushing tds and he avg 3.4 per rush .

I think he will lose more playing time to the more gifted Coleman this season .

And I was very much in Freeman's corner after last season but I don't see it in the numbers based on his last seven games .

I agree, I see the decline as well. That team was a train wreck to close out. I traded for him getting him for a 5th round pick. I'm excited but don't understand why there's THAT much negativity that he wouldn't garner a higher pick. At this point I just need RB2/3 numbers to feel good about it.

I suppose I'll take Tevin a little earlier.

I think it is also worth noting that Freeman put up huge numbers against some terrible defenses early.

That's not to say hes gonna be terrible this year. he faces some of those same terrible defenses again. Some may be improved some may not. But I do think the second half may be a sign that he just caught lightning in a bottle for a few games against some weak defenses.

But I still think he is draftable.

but If I draft him, I want Tevin Coleman as a handcuff.

I see three and one of them will most likely be available in the 2nd round.

The three I see probably are only 2 of your 4.

Love him and don't see an implosion like people are saying. I see a 3 down stud who remains in the gameplan when they play catchup. I see a talented backup in Coleman to take pressure off of him which people always say is bad but in reality is good. It keeps the starter fresh longer. What good is an Rb who is burnt out by playoff time? If I am at the end of rnd 1 I take him without blinking, along with another stud Rb people left for dead to panic draft wrs. Then come rnd 3 there will be wrs like Landry, Cooks etc.

I can see how good talent could fall to the second round of a six team snake draft.

• Like 1

I can see how good talent could fall to the second round of a six team snake draft.

I could see Weepers sitting at one of those tiny tea party tables with 5 of his favorite cats drafting his fantasy teams. Then he comes here to tell us Zeke and Gurley dropped to the 4th and 5th rounds in his super sharky draft.

Just food for your thoughts.

Devonta put up huge numbers (25+ fantasy points) against the following teams in week 3, 4, 5, and 6:

Dallas

Houston

Washington

New Orleans

then starting in week 7, he put up 3 decent (but not spectacular games of 13 fantasy points each week against these teams:

Tennessee

Tampa

San Fran * note san fran shut him down on the ground, but he got 67 receiving yards and a Receiving TD.

Week 11 he got 4.3 points on 3 carries for 43 yards. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I suspect this is the week he got hurt.

Week 13 he came back with 10.3 fantasy points, got mostly shut down on the ground, but put up some decent receiving yards against Tampa.

Week 14-against Carolina-Tough team, got shut down in a 38-0 loss. 6 fantasy points

week 15-17 he averaged just over 15 fantasy points per game against Jax, Carolina, and NO. he got lots of carries, low average/carry, but got a TD in each game.

I think he definitely declined later in the season, but you gotta keep the expectations realistic. No RB is gonna average 30 fantasy points per game like he did the first 4 games he started.

Those last 3 games were 15 fantasy points each. Week 13 I give him a mulligan as he was coming back from injury. Week 14 he was shut down by a tough Carolina D in a 38-0 loss. When a team gets behind like that, the run game disappears.

I dont think its unreasonable to expect 12-15 fantasy points per game out of him so long as he stays healthy. I'm not 100% sold on his running ability but his pass catching ability really makes up for any deficiencies there.

it is also possible that this will turn into a Gio-Jeremy Hill type situation with him and Tevin Coleman if his productivity drops running the ball.

I think Coleman is simply the more talented player of the two , and will be involved more this season .

Just food for your thoughts.

Devonta put up huge numbers (25+ fantasy points) against the following teams in week 3, 4, 5, and 6:

Dallas

Houston

Washington

New Orleans

then starting in week 7, he put up 3 decent (but not spectacular games of 13 fantasy points each week against these teams:

Tennessee

Tampa

San Fran * note san fran shut him down on the ground, but he got 67 receiving yards and a Receiving TD.

Week 11 he got 4.3 points on 3 carries for 43 yards. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I suspect this is the week he got hurt.

Week 13 he came back with 10.3 fantasy points, got mostly shut down on the ground, but put up some decent receiving yards against Tampa.

Week 14-against Carolina-Tough team, got shut down in a 38-0 loss. 6 fantasy points

week 15-17 he averaged just over 15 fantasy points per game against Jax, Carolina, and NO. he got lots of carries, low average/carry, but got a TD in each game.

I think he definitely declined later in the season, but you gotta keep the expectations realistic. No RB is gonna average 30 fantasy points per game like he did the first 4 games he started.

Those last 3 games were 15 fantasy points each. Week 13 I give him a mulligan as he was coming back from injury. Week 14 he was shut down by a tough Carolina D in a 38-0 loss. When a team gets behind like that, the run game disappears.

I dont think its unreasonable to expect 12-15 fantasy points per game out of him so long as he stays healthy. I'm not 100% sold on his running ability but his pass catching ability really makes up for any deficiencies there.

it is also possible that this will turn into a Gio-Jeremy Hill type situation with him and Tevin Coleman if his productivity drops running the ball.

Good perspective

I think Coleman is simply the more talented player of the two , and will be involved more this season .

Honestly, I thought that last year. then Freeman exploded.

I still like Tevin more than Freeman, but at this point it is Freemans job to lose.

all he has to to is not mess it up.

if he gets hurt, or starts to produce poorly Coleman's presence could well mean that the leash is shorter than it would otherwise be.

This is classic "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. The rookie we saw a couple games from is more talented than last years top scoring RB? Im wondering what it will take for Freeman to earn respect.

Honestly, I thought that last year. then Freeman exploded.

I still like Tevin more than Freeman, but at this point it is Freemans job to lose.

all he has to to is not mess it up.

if he gets hurt, or starts to produce poorly Coleman's presence could well mean that the leash is shorter than it would otherwise be.

You mean if he starts out like he ended his last seven games than ?

This is classic "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. The rookie we saw a couple games from is more talented than last years top scoring RB? Im wondering what it will take for Freeman to earn respect.

Absolutely it's the grass is greener mentality it's what wins Fantasy Football titles .

This type of thinking is what makes the game less about luck and more about perpetration and skill .

You mean if he starts out like he ended his last seven games than ?

honestly, his last 7 games werent THAT bad.

for the most part 15 fantasy points per game. He had 3 poor games. the first, he got injured, didnt finish the game. and his first game back (due to injury) I'd give him a mulligan on that. That leaves a poor performance against a dominating Carolina team in a lopsided loss where they abandoned the run game early.

The issue in those last 7 games was that his yards per carry were not great. He still made up for it by catching passes and gaining passing yards and TD's.

IF (note the capitalized IF) his ground game continues along the course of the last 7 games (low ypc), I could see Tevin sneaking in to play the jeremy hill role and Freeman would play the Gio role (comparing to cincy)

but there is no question, Freeman catches the ball well out of the backfield, and they want to keep this as a part of the offense, so regardless of what we think of him, I'm sure they will give him plenty of opportunity to keep the starting job.

What they are hoping for is the next Ray Rice (minus the wife beating)

Absolutely it's the grass is greener mentality it's what wins Fantasy Football titles .

This type of thinking is what makes the game less about luck and more about perpetration and skill .

Yea sure if you are right and strike gold with a cheap backup who explodes. You paid a little and got alot, worst case scenario you are wrong and cut him and only spent a late pick, so I agree. Just not in this particular case, I like Freeman and think Coleman will be a fine change of pace.

honestly, his last 7 games werent THAT bad.

for the most part 15 fantasy points per game. He had 3 poor games. the first, he got injured, didnt finish the game. and his first game back (due to injury) I'd give him a mulligan on that. That leaves a poor performance against a dominating Carolina team in a lopsided loss where they abandoned the run game early.

The issue in those last 7 games was that his yards per carry were not great. He still made up for it by catching passes and gaining passing yards and TD's.

IF (note the capitalized IF) his ground game continues along the course of the last 7 games (low ypc), I could see Tevin sneaking in to play the jeremy hill role and Freeman would play the Gio role (comparing to cincy)

but there is no question, Freeman catches the ball well out of the backfield, and they want to keep this as a part of the offense, so regardless of what we think of him, I'm sure they will give him plenty of opportunity to keep the starting job.

What they are hoping for is the next Ray Rice (minus the wife beating)

That's what I'm saying , he was good in the passing game but his last seven games rushing the ball he was awful .

Coleman will beat him out for the rushing duties and that will indeed cut into Freeman's point total .

Remember is was Coleman who started week one last season .

He ran the ball for a 4 yard avg vs Freeman who had a 1.8 yard avg vs the Eagles .

I think Coleman will regain the title of first and second down rb in Atlanta and you know they want to run the ball and remove the ball more often out of the hand of Ryan .

Yea sure if you are right and strike gold with a cheap backup who explodes. You paid a little and got alot, worst case scenario you are wrong and cut him and only spent a late pick, so I agree. Just not in this particular case, I like Freeman and think Coleman will be a fine change of pace.[/quote

Yea I agree , someone will be right .

We start another may with a disagreement, it's what makes Fantasy Football the game it is .

In a 1-man keeper PPR league, do you keep Freeman for a rd 10 pick, or David Johnson for a rd 17 pick? (also have Allen Robinson for a rd 7 pick)

Think in a one man keeper league you can keep anyone you want .

• Like 1

In a 1-man keeper PPR league, do you keep Freeman for a rd 10 pick, or David Johnson for a rd 17 pick? (also have Allen Robinson for a rd 7 pick)

Djohns and there should be zero question about it.

If you can get DJ for a 17th rd pick, then that's a no brainer!

I too drafted djohns in the 17, but we are transitioning from redraft keeper to auction. So no keepers this year :(

dude, you shouldnt even have to ask that question. David Johnson is by far the better bargain.

dude, you shouldnt even have to ask that question. David Johnson is by far the better bargain.

In theory, definitely... However I have been burned by young rookie 2nd half stud-dom (Willie Green) only to get kicked in the junk the next season... I just want to keep the best player i can, i put far less value on the opportunity cost of the forfeited round. If i thought Freeman would have a better year than DJ I'd keep freeman without hesistation.

I don't see any debate , it's D Johnson .

Well, both players have things that make you question their value.

Freeman put up huge numbers in the first 4 starts (30 fantasy points each) then cooled off. most of his late games averaged 13-15 fantasy points per game.

I think his value in the long run will trend toward the latter if he keeps his job. But Tevin Coleman is waiting in the wings and he runs a bit better between the tackles and has a better YPC.

David Johnson plays for a winning team. there will be lots of games where they kill the clock running the ball while holding a big lead.

the early returns suggest he will be highly productive there, but you are right in the fact that it is a rather small sample size.

the other discouraging factor is that CJ2K unexpectedly resigned in Arizona and there is the chance he may cut into his carries.

so both players carry some risk. but Johnson is super cheap while freeman is just cheap.

personally, I like taking the top RB on a winning team with a tough D. That's almost always a recipe for success.

That's my personal bias, I admit it. That is also why I take David Johnson over Freeman.

I too drafted djohns in the 17, but we are transitioning from redraft keeper to auction. So no keepers this year :(

Ha that blows. I'm keeping both of Freeman and Djohn this year, and Matt Jones to throw in the mix. I think with that RB I'm asking to get focked. It's certainly a lot more risk than I usually go with.

I'd take the cheaper keeper too if it was me.

Ha that blows. I'm keeping both of Freeman and Djohn this year, and Matt Jones to throw in the mix. I think with that RB I'm asking to get focked. It's certainly a lot more risk than I usually go with.

I'd take the cheaper keeper too if it was me.

Mine would have been djohns in the 17th and Bell in the 2nd. Wouldnt have to draft a rb the rest of the draft! To be honest though, whenever I have had what seems like an insane keeper situation it doesnt seem to work out that well for me.

To be honest though, whenever I have had what seems like an insane keeper situation it doesnt seem to work out that well for me.

Completely agree, J. Hill for a 6th last year, lats Murray for a 16th. About as ho-hum sh!t as it got last year. I was in love in the off season and that ended quickly.

• Like 1

I think chocolate is better than strawberry. good thing that what i think doesnt make it so for those who like strawberry.

I think chocolate is better than strawberry. good thing that what i think doesnt make it so for those who like strawberry.

I agree , it's a good thing what you think doesn't make it so .

Upside is what wins Championships. Freeman has that upside. A Coleman handcuff would be wise, though.

Tough situation. I would much rather have D. Johnson. but would likely take him over ADP.

I think when the regular season comes around that Coleman and not Freeman will be the starter .

Just like like season whe the season started .

And if he is not the starter than it well be an 1a and 1b situation.

Upside is what wins Championships. Freeman has that upside. A Coleman handcuff would be wise, though.

Tough situation. I would much rather have D. Johnson. but would likely take him over ADP.

with D Johnson, it would also be wise to grab CJ2K.

I'd say the upside is almost the same.