Sign in to follow this  
futurecub07

Better WR pickup: upside vs grab-n-stash

Hopkins vs. Burleson  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick up?

• Deandre Hopkins HOU
    • Nate Burleson DET

I just made a 4 for 3 trade and now have an open roster spot. I'm only carrying 4 WR right now, with 2 from Green Bay, so I'm looking to grab a WR from the wire. Who's the better pickup: Deandre Hopkins or Nate Burleson?

Hopkins seems to have the higher upside but he's been really inconsistent and rookie WR generally can't be counted on. Burleson looked great and was a must-own before he got hurt, plays in a pass happy offense and comes back soon..

Who would you grab?

Burleson. We know the Lions are going to pass the ball. We do not know that about Houston. I do like Hopkins better as a talent, but I don't see him utilized as much as Burleson.

Thanks for wasting time on mine.

I like burleson too. Calvin johnson just knocked up the intimidation factor as the best wr in the league ten fold with his performance last week. More coverage on him is great for burleson. Couldn't be a better situation with stafford hot as well (not to say hopkins is a bad pickup,this week will be very telling)

If you need a WR for Week 9, then by default you have to take Hopkins since DET has a bye. ROS I would go with Burleson. Broken arms don't worry me as much as hamstring injuries and the dreaded high ankle sprain.