Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Anybody tried to enter Canada with a DUI?

Planning a trip this summer, and one of my friends has a DUI on his record. Apparently, they might not let him cross the border. Any criminal have experience traveling north?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that if he's white and doesn't look like a junkie they will "make an exception".

Planning a trip this summer, and one of my friends has a DUI on his record. Apparently, they might not let him cross the border. Any criminal have experience traveling north?

I don't have a DUI, but have heard that the only way to canada with one is with a business trip

Yeah, you're getting some bad advice here buddy.

CAN is focking hardcore about that shiit. I knew a girl who lived in Calgary. Came down here for a six month gig as a BT and went back. Some of her BT buddies tried to visit - and those with DUI's were personna non grata. Canada doesn't play with that shiiit from everything I"ve heard.

You could have other shiit on your record long before you could have a DUI and be okay, but from what I've heard, those fockers are intense about it.

At a very minimum, do some legitimate research - beyond this collection of focktards - to get some real answers.

CAN is focking hardcore about that shiit. I knew a girl who lived in Calgary. Came down here for a six month gig as a BT and went back. Some of her BT buddies tried to visit - and those with DUI's were personna non grata. Canada doesn't play with that shiiit from everything I"ve heard.

You could have other shiit on your record long before you could have a DUI and be okay, but from what I've heard, those fockers are intense about it.

At a very minimum, do some legitimate research - beyond this collection of focktards - to get some real answers.

I google searched - the consensus seems to be they'll let you in if it was over 10 years ago, but you may have to apply for a special temporary resident permit, and have an important reason for going there.

So Canada takes steps to keep criminals from crossing over from their southern border. Xenophobia at its finest.

I went to Canada with an 8 ball in 1 pocket and a bunch of weed in another jacket pocket.

Reason this is a story because I was driving through customs and dogs flagged my van (had a couple roaches in the ashtray) and they put me and buddy ina holding celll as they tore apart the van looking for drugs. Didn't find anything and they were on me the whole time. Never searched us.

I remember reading or hearing that if you injure or kill someone while drunk in Canada, it's 15 years. Minimum. Boom

i got denied once going to a ultimate frisbee tourny in calgary because i didnt have enough cash on hand.

i got denied once going to a ultimate frisbee tourny in calgary because i didnt have enough cash on hand.

I bet you bitched your mom out pretty good over that one.

I bet you bitched your mom out pretty good over that one.

i had a trunk full of golf discs that were unavailable in canada at the time. there were dozens of people waiting to buy them in calgary. i was going to clear a few hundo and live like a king all weekend. we were acting sketchy at the border because we were stoned and were worried customs was going to question us over our cargo.

also i had a credit card my mom gave me and showed it to the guy, but he claimed it could be maxed out, which it wasnt.

thanks for asking.