Sign in to follow this  
bc91

Idea for next year!

This is more of a request than anything but it would be nice to be able to import the Doug Orth's Big Board and/or the Geek Rankings from the site into the projection pal and then into the Draft Buddy!! Just a thought but has this ever been discussed?

Haven't tried it bc, but we probably could do that now, don't you think? Copy the big board into Pal. You'd have to sort by position, and then give each player a position ranking and their overall rankings. Put each of those into one of the custom fields. Then ... thinking this through, not trying it currently ... I think I would adjust the custom scoring to sort by position ranking. Then on the overall-notes tab, copy the overall ranking from that custom field and paste special > as values over the rank that is there currently. Hit re-rank on that tab, and you should be all set.

Now the question would be how easy to import that board into Pal...

Haven't tried it bc, but we probably could do that now, don't you think? Copy the big board into Pal. You'd have to sort by position, and then give each player a position ranking and their overall rankings. Put each of those into one of the custom fields. Then ... thinking this through, not trying it currently ... I think I would adjust the custom scoring to sort by position ranking. Then on the overall-notes tab, copy the overall ranking from that custom field and paste special > as values over the rank that is there currently. Hit re-rank on that tab, and you should be all set.

Now the question would be how easy to import that board into Pal...

Still new to this but I have only imported projections using projection Pal... Didn't know you could import just rankings without actual projections(because I thought DB calculated scoring using the projections to produce the Cheatsheet?)........Im going to have to play with it and with the custom thingy....LOL

Thanks and if you find it works let me know....