Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Another black man shot dead by a cop on the streets of Los Angeles

These racis... Uh ... i mean ... Sell out, mfing cops ....

It's what I have been saying all along the problem isn't racism, it's cops being trained to use deadly force, it's bad training, and bad circumsatances, and it probably has been happening, a lot more than all of you are aware of. It's not racism, everytime a cop kills someone. It happens. It's not because white people are evil. We need to get past the race issue, and address the real issues at hand.

I am not at all saying that there are not racist cops, and the LAPD is famous for being racist, and that issue has been solved, I am saying that there's a bigger problem that is mostly going un-noticed ... everything is on camera now, in the 40,s ... cops kill a criminal in an altercation, not much of a story. But most of the time, this violence, which is still undereported, involves firearms. That's pretty much the main constant, in all these stories. Guns.

I'm still gathering information but apparently Mr. Africa was wrestling with one of the officers and attempted to remove his gone from the holster which means, if true, that he joins Michael Brown with a score of 0 on my 0-100 sympathy scale.

I'm still gathering information but apparently Mr. Africa was wrestling with one of the officers and attempted to remove his gone from the holster which means, if true, that he joins Michael Brown with a score of 0 on my 0-100 sympathy scale.

That seems to be the case. I have only seen a blurred and bleeped video, like you, and only seen it once or twice, was hard for me to make out what happened, especially to any detail about him reaching for an officers gun. But that's the story so far.

Oh yea, and the cop that pulled the trigger this time, is black.

Back to you Volty.

That seems to be the case. I have only seen a blurred and bleeped video, like you, and only seen it once or twice, was hard for me to make out what happened, especially to any detail about him reaching for an officers gun. But that's the story so far.

Oh yea, and the cop that pulled the trigger this time, is black.

Back to you Volty.

Me too.

You've got six cops there, two are distracted by somebody else. The other four are all around the guy trying to control the situation. The guy was trying to fight them and wrestled to the ground. I don't see the gun being grabbed but then again it's not exactly very clear what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKD3UFopv_w

edit: I've been asked to include a warning for extreme violence to this link

No camera, no story, nobody cares. Vagrant attacks police and is killed, during altercation.

But e'reybody got a video camera nowa days. On them. At all times. Hey next time brotha, stfu with the comentary, just get the evidence.

New weapon of choice, if you want to defend yourself as to what the facts are, a video camera. That's a good thing. But there is also a threshold where privacy is infringed. So, a lot of laws are outdated and need to be changed. But, I think an immediate response to this problem, would be training police, and I believe they used tasers first,,in this situation, I am not talking about training to use non lethal techniques like tasers, I am talking about training that will prevent an unarmed assailant from ever gaining access to your weapon during an altercation. That should never happen.

It was handled, badly, and the LAPD is gonna get sued, again, and they still just don't get it.

I'm up in the air. There are 6-2 (4) cops on the scene. The guy had been swinging at them (you won't see that based on my video link which starts later but it's clear on another one I'd seen from a security camera) but is now down. I don't see a gun being grabbed, but it's all a blur. I do hear a cop say his gun was grabbed (although I had to listen hard for it).

Despite being on camera, this is still going to be inconclusive. So I know where this is heading...

I'm up in the air. There are 6-2 (4) cops on the scene. The guy had been swinging at them (you won't see that based on my video link which starts later but it's clear on another one I'd seen from a security camera) but is now down. I don't see a gun being grabbed, but it's all a blur. I do hear a cop say his gun was grabbed (although I had to listen hard for it).

Despite being on camera, this is still going to be inconclusive. So I know where this is heading...

On a bad day, hungover and needing to take a shiat, and no coffee ... I could take that guy, by myself.

Ok, now I have seen the unblurrd, unbleeped version (you should prolly remove that link) and I still dunno what happened.

I've watched and re-watched this thing over a dozen times.

The guy was already down with four cops around him and it's hard to imagine he was in a position to grab the cop's gun. A cop does shout that he has the gun though.

It's hard to imagine it could even come to a point where an officer would put himself in danger, and put himself in danger of losing his weapon to a crazy guy ... over a simple robbery charge. 100%, it's bad training.

Brotha been watchin too much Training Day, not doing enough actual training.

Since I like cops, I'm willing to give this LA crew the benefit of the doubt. Watching events unfold this past year, I know others are far less forgiving and for them, that this video and the others I've seen (with four cops surrounding a guy who's already on the ground) is inconclusive at best and won't exonerate them. This is absolutely our next chapter in the ongoing saga of unarmed dead black guys killed by cops.

I've watched and re-watched this thing over a dozen times.

The guy was already down with four cops around him and it's hard to imagine he was in a position to grab the cop's gun. A cop does shout that he has the gun though.

Ok, so, from what I saw there was like 2 quick shots, and then a pause, and then at least a third shot fired. So, it's hard for me to understand, how ... a properly trained police officer, gets into an altercation to the point, where non-leathal weapons are being used to subdue the suspect, who is unarmed and not suspected of a violent crime ... how does that officer, allow himself to even get in that situation? Lemme play Devil's advocate here,,for a sec, Cause it wasn't, they were struggling over the gun and oops, it went off ... there was some kinda movement, to try and get the officers gun, and then there was a response with deadly force.

Ya know ... just my opinion, but I think that coulda been handled better. i mean, what's he gonna do, jump on his motorcycle hidden in the bushes and rush to the airport where he has a private plane waiting at all times to whisk him out of the country if the cops are after him? No. His chances of getting away, if you play a more patient strategy, is zero. You introduce an unsecured loaded gun into,a situation like that, guess what ... someone got killed. It's not rocket surgery.

Ya know, a big part of it is just educating kids that cops deal with criminals and dangerous peope, that's their job, and if you show them, right away, you are not dangerous, and are just a normal person and answer questions, unless you think those questions might incriminate you, you should probably comply and have zero percent of getting shot.

But, that really has nothing to do with how police should respond to a crazy person, a person on PSP or whatever, ya just can't ever let the perp get your gun. Right? You hafta be 100% that it never happens. Your life depends on it. Ya follow me?

Damn ... maybe I should go to Law School.

Worms, you wanna explain to them why the LAPD is gonna get sued, and prolly settle out of court? Fahkin smart attorneys that specialize in wrongfull death suits are already in touch with some relatives about this. Pretty open and shut. i am afraid we are gonna see a lot of it on CNN, but I just explained how you make the lawsuit where LAPD can't win. In a civil case, they have almost no defense and will just settle.

Let me put it this way.

You walk into the bathroom, and you find a rattlesnake in your bathtub. You are an armed, off duty cop, who's had a couple beers. How do you handle the situation?

Give the rattlesnake your gun ... just, not in the training manual, I'm sure.

No, but seriously ... even if you are not sure if the snake is venemous, you call the fire department, who is trained in removing venemous snakes, and they come and take away the snake. Ya follow me? If you try and get the snake yourself, ya know, it's not a malicious killing obviously, but there were some mistakes made, and I think it would be white of the LAPD to step up and admit that they need to make changes.

Yo.

Volty, you should at least add a extreme violence warning, if you are gonna leave that video up.

Or, at least, like when I posted a 9/11 video of people jumping and people got mad at me, and I can undestand, it's focking disturbing as hell, but this stuff is out there ... so, I just said, you can search for the video yourself. Maybe do that. Embededornment not neccessorid.

Too me it's crazy, we can show videos of people getting killed, but a womans nipple is a big deal. It's really rediculois, if you think about it.

Volty, you should at least add a extreme violence warning, if you are gonna leave that video up.

The video is disturbing? I dunno maybe I'm desensitized. OK.

I thought that warning was only for NSFW stuff.

These racis... Uh ... i mean ... Sell out, mfing cops ....

It's what I have been saying all along the problem isn't racism, it's cops being trained to use deadly force, it's bad training, and bad circumsatances, and it probably has been happening, a lot more than all of you are aware of. It's not racism, everytime a cop kills someone. It happens. It's not because white people are evil. We need to get past the race issue, and address the real issues at hand.

I am not at all saying that there are not racist cops, and the LAPD is famous for being racist, and that issue has been solved, I am saying that there's a bigger problem that is mostly going un-noticed ... everything is on camera now, in the 40,s ... cops kill a criminal in an altercation, not much of a story. But most of the time, this violence, which is still undereported, involves firearms. That's pretty much the main constant, in all these stories. Guns.

We should take guns away from the cops. They're just too stupid to have them.

We should take guns away from the cops. They're just too stupid to have them.

That's not what I am saying.

When I was in college, a couple university cops responded to a noise complaint from a frat party. Not city cops, university cops, armed with Glock 9mm sidearms. There was an incident, where one of the cops pulled his weapon and fired a single shot. The shot traveled through the arm of the suspect, and into the armpit and through the heart of the officers partner, killing him.

This is in old case,,Univeristy of Arizona, you can look it up. Now, again, these are University PD, not city police department, not really supposed to get involved in anything criminal, to that level. YET ... They respond to a noise complaint at a frat house, armed with 9mm Glock, automatic pistols. One of those pistols gets fired, and tragically, a police officer ... (Kinda, campus PD) dies in the line of duty, shot by his own partner.

Now, was that a failure in training, or maybe, it would be better off if campus police were more like security guards ... ya know, it was a big deal. Lotta people looked into trying to figure out how to prevent a tragedy like this in the future. Far as I know, U of A PD still carry sidearms.

P.S. The suspect who was shot through the arm survived.

Ya know, it's a tragedy. Another tragedy story involving a gun.

It's like I once told an alchy friend of mine, he was saying, I Love beer so much,,and I said, "If you really love it, you should chill out because, if you overdo,it,,yer gonna hafta quit."

Merica and this love affair, and denail about the real consequences of guns. It's rediculous.

Ya know, it's a tragedy. Another tragedy story involving a gun.

It's like I once told an alchy friend of mine, he was saying, I Love beer so much,,and I said, "If you really love it, you should chill out because, if you overdo,it,,yer gonna hafta quit."

Merica and this love affair, and denail about the real consequences of guns. It's rediculous.

No shiot. If it weren't for guns, we wouldn't have our freedom. Guns suck.

Yeah but, we need to chill out a little bit with the whole guns and killing people thing.

Killimg people is bad. I'm not even religious, and I know that war is bad.

Black lives matter, but mostly when they can be newsworthy like when black people die because of white people, the rest of them aren't worth mention......

Black lives matter, but mostly when they can be newsworthy like when black people die because of white people, the rest of them aren't worth mention......

I thought it was a black cop that shot him, this should render the whole thing non-news worthy. :dunno:

I thought it was a black cop that shot him, this should render the whole thing non-news worthy. :dunno:

officer tom

True.

The video looks pretty bad for the cops. All those guys around, the perp down on the ground, no gun from what I've heard, and they just had to shoot him? Kinda hard to swallow

The video looks pretty bad for the cops. All those guys around, the perp down on the ground, no gun from what I've heard, and they just had to shoot him? Kinda hard to swallow

Not if he went for one of their guns.

From down on the ground, with four cops right over him? There are many, many ways to handle that situation without needing to shoot the perp

How many more people will die before these fools figure out that if you resist arrest bad things can happen? Why doesn't anyone teach them how to handle a police stop?

How many more people will die before these fools figure out that if you resist arrest bad things can happen? Why doesn't anyone teach them how to handle a police stop?

What you will find is that people are often "taught" how to interact with police by their family, sometiems this "talk" is not what it could/should be, and what you may then see is negative consequences as a result. Prominent example includes Michael Brown.

When you have a populace that mistrusts, and even outrights hates, the police force you may find that on occasion there is a solidly bad event.

It will have to work both ways. Both bear some burden here. The police are simply too over the top with their arrogance and behavior, and too often act out of anger or malice instead of the public good. But then too, you have people like Brown who, through their own behavior, elicit a justifiable response.

It will never be black and white, bad reference there, but instead a variety of grey with police and those who they should be serving at odds.

A protestant Pastor name Martin Neimoller is famous for saying, mehh,,read it here yourself:

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007392

So it's easy now, to say some crazy vagrant deseved what happened to him, but perhaps, when they come for you, because you are too fat, or too skinny, or whatever it may be, is where we truly lose our identity, and our freedom to be ourselves, if those with the power to kill us, don't understand what they are doing wrong. That's scary.

Deep, I know. It's up to you to decide, what level of infringement is OK, to inusre your freedom, if you are rich. Do you follow?

Life, is not fair. That's true, and I remember when my step-mom said it to me,,the first time, was like code for "fock you, get over it, I am here with my daughters, get used to it" and I am not sure I ever have, for as much as have tried, gotten used to it.

but it's OK,,you aint lost, if you want, to be found.

Truth.

Most cops are d*cks and it has nothing do with race - particularly big city cops. You'd probably be that way too if you had a dangerous/crappy job with that much authority. If a cop tells you to do something and you don't do it, you're risking an ass kicking or worse. If a cop thinks you're getting a bad attitude, you're risking an ass kicking or worse. You can stand up for your "rights" all you want, but at the end of the day you're the one getting beaten or spending a night in jail. It might not be right or legal, but that's reality. Sucks for mentally ill who can't control themselves.

I've argued this point with a friend who swears he'd always stand up against the cops, if he thought he was in the right. That's nuts. My philosophy is comply with whatever they say and kiss their ass until they leave you alone. If a cop told me to hop on one foot while singing "Mary Had A Little Lamb", I'd do it. I've got no shame (or balls), but I'm not going to jail or getting beaten with a nightstick either. Enjoy defending your "rights" while picking up your teeth and trying to make bail.

Most cops are d*cks and it has nothing do with race - particularly big city cops. You'd probably be that way too if you had a dangerous/crappy job with that much authority. If a cop tells you to do something and you don't do it, you're risking an ass kicking or worse. If a cop thinks you're getting a bad attitude, you're risking an ass kicking or worse. You can stand up for your "rights" all you want, but at the end of the day you're the one getting beaten or spending a night in jail. It might not be right or legal, but that's reality. Sucks for mentally ill who can't control themselves.

I've argued this point with a friend who swears he'd always stand up against the cops, if he thought he was in the right. That's nuts. My philosophy is comply with whatever they say and kiss their ass until they leave you alone. If a cop told me to hop on one foot while singing "Mary Had A Little Lamb", I'd do it. I've got no shame (or balls), but I'm not going to jail or getting beaten with a nightstick either. Enjoy defending your "rights" while picking up your teeth and trying to make bail.

Pretty much spot on.....

The urban black tends to act up when others are around. When confronted while solo, they tend to be compliant.

"He went for my gun" seems to be the Get Out of Jail Free card for cops these days.

"He went for my gun" seems to be the Get Out of Jail Free card for cops these days.

Sometimes people do go for a cops gun. A lot of times they get shot.