Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Cooking with Anthony Bourdain

Now that he's dead and has donated his body parts to culinary experimentation, what should we make out of him?

Sautéed testicles in brown butter with jalapenos.

What you got?

Anthony Bourdain's Signature Suisliders

I have been watching his marathons the last few weeks. He really was a talented individual. Unfortunately he lost sight of his original mission, make the world a smaller place, and ended up a bitter, angry, propaganda puppet of CNN.

You can see the progression from his older shows (culture, food, history) to new shows (SJW, white privilege, Trump hate).

It is a shame that such a talented man allowed either CNN to reprogram his mind or he just succumbed to social pressure to virtue signal.

I would probably kill myself too if I thought every wrong in the world was the fault of white American men.

I have been watching his marathons the last few weeks. He really was a talented individual. Unfortunately he lost sight of his original mission, make the world a smaller place, and ended up a bitter, angry, propaganda puppet of CNN.

You can see the progression from his older shows (culture, food, history) to new shows (SJW, white privilege, Trump hate).

It is a shame that such a talented man allowed either CNN to reprogram his mind or he just succumbed to social pressure to virtue signal.

I would probably kill myself too if I thought every wrong in the world was the fault of white American men.

Truth

Great observation

Seems like a lot of people I meet anymore feel some pressure to be more activist. Only support companies that they believe in (cruelty free, fair labor, fair trade, etc.) Boycott countries or states or companies whos politics they find objectionable. Crap like that.

People seem to spend a lot of energy on that crap. Lifes too short in my opinion. Im not gonna worry about my impact in a rotten to the core rigged system.

In Tony's case, he had worked with so many migrants in so many restaurants. You figure, that's the majority of the staff in most restaurants especially in New York. I can see why he felt particularly militant about that. In fact, he was very open that that was why he was motivated as such.

Anyhoodles, leave it to Senator or Drobes,etc to try and politics up the death of a good guy.

Those guys are sure that the Liberals stole all the letters out of their alphabets and replaced them with O's.

Never watched a single episode of any of his work. I love cooking shows, too.

More travel and food than cooking.

You know- his was the only cooking show Ive ever watched more than once.

Pretty cool how he would provide some history of the country- show some of the country- interact with residents of the country- and then get to the dishes and cooking styles of the region.

Generally a very interesting program.

Kinda bummed that he offed himself.