Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Colin Kaepernick named GQ’s citizen of the Year

"A decade from now your degenerate offspring will have Colin Kaepernick posters hanging on their dormitory walls right next to their Bob Marley records and Muhammad Ali tee-shirts."

Hahahahahaha. You don't understand. Bob Marley made music that transcends generations and color.

Ali was a world champion boxer and a wonderful self promotor.

Kaepernick has nothing at all outside of the small black community to keep his name alive. He's not a winner. Not a special talent. He has not produced anything that if he died today people would remember him fondly for outside of 13 percent of the population.

You obviously see it through the lens of your people. I'm telling you how it is through the lens of mine.

In order to be remembered like Marley or Ali you have to have been great at something. He's not.

I'll wager a year or two from now, the majority of blacks in the diminished NFL will have wished this radicalized idiot would have stood then taken his broken skill a$$ to the house.

I will no longer waste energy schooling you on why your opposition to GQ Magazines Colin Kaepernick cover reveals that you are small minded fool.

I'll chime in here. My opposition - such as it is - to any glorification of Kaepernick has zero to do with 'civil rights', and everything to do with the political motive behind his actions, which has far less to do with propagating justice (much of the anti-cop nonsense is just that: nonsense contrived by those bent on further dividing this country) and far more to do with furthering communism.

A decade from now your degenerate offspring will have Colin Kaepernick posters hanging on their dormitory walls right next to their Bob Marley records and Muhammad Ali tee-shirts.

I find it interesting that you avoided including Che Guevara in there. Communists gonna communist...unless they have to avoid highlighting that fact. Che Guevara is on t-shirts, etc, all over the place.

Doesn't make him any less the communist thug he was. At least Kaep hasn't been involved with any group that has killed someone.

Oh wait. He has. He donated money to a cop-killer, IIRC.

You people (and yes, I meant you people in that way) do this every generation. Your parents disparaged the civil rights movement and its leaders the same way you now disparage the black lives matter movement and its leaders.

Uh...no. Both me and my parents were big fans of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. Neither man has a single thing in common with Kaepernick. Both men reviled the politics and racist underpinnings of the Democrat Party; Colin cluelessly embraces it in the effort to focus on the collectivism. Part of that agenda is to sow distrust of police, even though the overwhelming majority of police are so marginalized and unfairly exposed to danger as a result.

History will remember you the same way it remembers the bigots who opposed the March on Washington: as losers.

If you had any sense, you would stop this foolishness right away and save yourself from the anals of history.

(edited and copied from a friend's Facebook post)

I, for one, really try to avoid the azzholes of history.

I actually find all of this rather amusing.

No you don't; you're deeply offended by it - and that's unfortunate, because you're being played by this entire thing. A specific ideology has harnessed your skin color as a form of group think: everyone of your skin color is supposed to think and react the same way, and you appear to refuse to break free of that and really embrace MLK's exhortation about content of character.

What people think means immeasurably more than what they look like.

Technically, this white-ish guy has managed not to stop police brutality but instead reveal why it's still so pervasive.

Carry on...

"White-ish" guy? Wow. You couldn't possibly have said something more appropriate to cement my point. I give zero focks about his color. It's what he thinks, and how he acts because of what he thinks, that is the issue.

Police brutality is not "pervasive". You've merely been conditioned to believe it. Police have tens of thousands of contacts with citizens, every day. Tens of thousands, many fraught with risk and difficult situations in which difficult decisions must be made. You see a handful of incidents - some legit criminal actions on the part of police; many not - and you are propagandized into thinking that these incidents are proof of an endemic problem in Law Enforcement, and that you must associate race into the equation.

Nevermind many of the incidents involved black cops as well; nevermind that utter nonsense like "hands up, don't shoot" fabrications are weaved into the narratives.

It's bullsht.

• Like 2

I'll wager a year or two from now, the majority of blacks in the diminished NFL will have wished this radicalized idiot would have stood then taken his broken skill a$$ to the house.

One need only look at the NBA. Just look at the makeup and it's all about the Benjamins.

I'm 51 years old. The blacks have been the loudest complainers since I can remember. Meanwhile in my lifetime the Puerto Rican's, Indians, and chineseeses have come here and have blown right past the American black. The Mexicans will too. I bet I know who's going to be the loudest complainers over the next 51 years.

• Like 1

I will no longer waste energy schooling you on why your opposition to GQ Magazines Colin Kaepernick cover reveals that you are small minded fool.

A decade from now your degenerate offspring will have Colin Kaepernick posters hanging on their dormitory walls right next to their Bob Marley records and Muhammad Ali tee-shirts.

You people (and yes, I meant you people in that way) do this every generation. Your parents disparaged the civil rights movement and its leaders the same way you now disparage the black lives matter movement and its leaders. History will remember you the same way it remembers the bigots who opposed the March on Washington: as losers.

If you had any sense, you would stop this foolishness right away and save yourself from the anals of history.

(edited and copied from a friend's Facebook post)

I actually find all of this rather amusing. Technically, this white-ish guy has managed not to stop police brutality but instead reveal why it's still so pervasive.

Carry on...

nonsense from the biggest racist on the board.
  • Like 1

nonsense from the biggest racist on the board.

What did you say?

What did you say?

Wiffleball says you don't know what you're talking about.

Wiffleball says you don't know what you're talking about.

I usually don't.

I bet I know who's going to be the loudest complainers over the next 51 years.

Agreed. Hillary voters will run out of steam by 2020 and return Al Sharpton his megaphone.

First and foremost, it's annals and not anals. That you and your friend both missed that is telling.

Secondly, you again show that you are one of the racists here. Your term "this white-ish guy" make it clear it's you who focus on the color of one's skin.

This is the BLM movement folks. It's not about equal treatment for they don't consider whites (or anyone) their equal. They're no different than the David Dukes of the world.

I saw that too. Maybe they got it right. We are trying to save ourselves from the assholes of history after all.

peenie likes to drop posts like that and leave, it is sort of funny, her trolling in that way. :doublethumbsup:

But on this topic that she brought up.

I really try to be open minded. I am white, and we all have different life perspectives so I try to keep that in mind. But sometimes common sense and logic have to come in to play.

There are two big things about peenies post, and the current culture that bother me.

1. This 'group think' and idea that African Americans must all think alike. That there is this "blackness" . I've actually seen AA's arguing with each other about who is more "black". Like two sports fan arguing about who is the bigger fan of their team. I find that odd, bordering on weird. That all people of a certain skin color must think alike or else they aren't "black".... and somehow shunned.

2. The point brought up earlier that Asians, Indians, Jews, and other people of brown color or creed or religion seem to not only do okay in this so called White Privileged and racist America but they are actually thriving. Don't see a lot of them being shot by these KKK cops either.

I can't reconcile those two things in my head when I read and hear post like peenies or stuff in the news.

peenie likes to drop posts like that and leave, it is sort of funny, her trolling in that way. :doublethumbsup:

But on this topic that she brought up.

I really try to be open minded. I am white, and we all have different life perspectives so I try to keep that in mind. But sometimes common sense and logic have to come in to play.

There are two big things about peenies post, and the current culture that bother me.

1. This 'group think' and idea that African Americans must all think alike. That there is this "blackness" . I've actually seen AA's arguing with each other about who is more "black". Like two sports fan arguing about who is the bigger fan of their team. I find that odd, bordering on weird. That all people of a certain skin color must think alike or else they aren't "black".... and somehow shunned.

2. The point brought up earlier that Asians, Indians, Jews, and other people of brown color or creed or religion seem to not only do okay in this so called White Privileged and racist America but they are actually thriving. Don't see a lot of them being shot by these KKK cops either.

I can't reconcile those two things in my head when I read and hear post like peenies or stuff in the news.

Nobody is racist anymore. All the races get along and everybody judges everybody on the content of their character. We hardly ever think about skin color.

Except some blacks. They obsess about skin color and are too busy whining and feeling victimized and don't want to fit in. There's nobody oppressing them but themselves. There's the door to self respect and self esteem, feel free to walk through and join everybody else.

• Like 1

Nobody is racist anymore. All the races get along and everybody judges everybody on the content of their character. We hardly ever think about skin color.

Except some blacks. They obsess about skin color and are too busy whining and feeling victimized and don't want to fit in. There's nobody oppressing them but themselves. There's the door to self respect and self esteem, feel free to walk through and join everybody else.

Here's an interesting thing to ponder.

Who came up with the semi-unspoken and unwritten rule that 'blacks all have to think alike'? It wasn't anyone on the right. Here's why it's important.

If we are to truly live as MLK exhorted - judging solely by the content of one's character - then skin color fails to have further relevance. If, however, blacks are all conditioned to think alike, as they have been, at the risk of outright stigmas such as being called "Uncle Toms" or "not black enough", etc, then reactions that people like me have to expressions of these thoughts (see: how I react to what Colin Kaepernick thinks/feels/acts for an example of this) can very easily be blamed on my view of their skin color instead of their ideology.

It's devious and clever really. By being conditioned to not wander from the expected belief one 'is supposed to have' as a black person, those pushing that narrative are propagating the narrative of racism as alive and well, because anyone who disagrees with a black person is racist,when what is really taking place is a battle between ideologies, having nothing to do with skin color at all.

• Like 1

Dumbest Post of the year? Or Best Troll Post of the year? I'm not sure.

That's just a great post. Just in time for thanksgiving. This year I get to be the racist uncle.

To Peenies point, I only have two words:

Chris Jackson.

If you answered who? Like 300 million other Americans would answer, Then you have your answer about Kaepernick.

I agree with peenie that this guy putting on the 'costume' of black activist is just ridiculous. He's been a successful black person that was raised by white parents; just where did this guy struggle or feel oppressed? Only after he's been radicalized by his activist girlfriend (who I'm sure filled his head with nonsense about being oppressed because he was benched) did he suddenly decide to make a statement.

And being militant doesn't work. It just pi$$es people off when they see someone angry at them for the sins of someone else i.e. racism.

• Like 1

So peenie's real problem with this is that he's half white?

So peenie's real problem with this is that he's half white?

wonder if she had the same problem with Obama.

:dunno:

To Peenies point, I only have two words:

Chris Jackson.

If you answered who? Like 300 million other Americans would answer, Then you have your answer about Kaepernick.

You mean Mahmoud Abdul Rauf?

I wonder if anyone who comments on CK has actually listened to him speak for more than ten seconds. The guy is an absolute moron, and that's not up for debate.

I wonder if anyone who comments on CK has actually listened to him speak for more than ten seconds. The guy is an absolute moron, and that's not up for debate.

He never speaks or give interviews. A twitter post now and then, but is that even him?

A puppet, which begs the question.....whos the puppet master?

He never speaks or give interviews. A twitter post now and then, but is that even him?

His girlfriend. He was partying in South Beach with Mike Pouncey on his free time before he met her. Now he's all about social injustice.

Now that Bobby Heenan has died, I'd turn to Jimmy Hart.