Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Morning routine - Spermoff

I've been meaning to make this thread. Now it's a spinoff.

What is your morning routine on workdays. I get up, piss, make coffee. Poop. Shower. Take coffee to go and out the door. 30 mins tops.

What I miss most about being a night poster (worked nights) was id have 3 or 4 hours before work to get Sh1t done - more that stuff is regulated to weekends and days off.

I keep switching two main activities. I get up 5:45 - and the last few years I've been learning to play the piano - so lately get some coffee going and sit and practice the piano for 45-60 minutes. Then shower, make breakfast, watch some crap from last night on the DVR(usually Jeopardy), make a lunch and then leave around 8:10. Alternatively, in the past I've gotten up at 5:45, head down to basement gym and workout for 45-60.

Really trying to find the most effective time to play piano when my brain is most awake. Find that if I play when I get home from work, I'm easily distracted, mentally fatigued, want dinner. But right after I get up, I'm not super alert right away either, this morning was some especially bad piano playing. Need to hang out at some HS and score some ritalin.

• Like 1

You don't brush your teeth? Gross...

That's included in my shower - didn't give all the cleaning details.

That's included in my shower - didn't give all the cleaning details.

But the piss/poop you felt we needed to know. Thx. ;)

Slightly different every day, but today I;

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up I noticed I was late

Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

I keep switching two main activities. I get up 5:45 - and the last few years I've been learning to play the piano - so lately get some coffee going and sit and practice the piano for 45-60 minutes. Then shower, make breakfast, watch some crap from last night on the DVR(usually Jeopardy), make a lunch and then leave around 8:10. Alternatively, in the past I've gotten up at 5:45, head down to basement gym and workout for 45-60.

Really trying to find the most effective time to play piano when my brain is most awake. Find that if I play when I get home from work, I'm easily distracted, mentally fatigued, want dinner. But right after I get up, I'm not super alert right away either, this morning was some especially bad piano playing. Need to hang out at some HS and score some ritalin.

I always wished I had learned to play piano. Are you taking actual lessons? How hard does it seem to be to pick up as you get older?

I always wished I had learned to play piano. Are you taking actual lessons? How hard does it seem to be to pick up as you get older?

Taking actual lessons. Pretty much felt like you, always wanted to learn to play it and it dawned on me, there wasn't anything stopping me. Found a great teacher and just started one day.

I'm in year 4, and I feel like I've reached a plateau, first 3 years, I had one teacher and I felt I was making super progress. She moved away, and I've struggled with new teacher. To be fair, I'm working on much harder pieces, but I still think I should get a little easier.

Never had any musical training before and I'm not particularly music inclined, it can frustrate the hell out of me, but overall, i'd still say it's worthwhile. You can always find a used electric keyboard, take lessons for awhile and see if you want to make the full investment into a piano, that's what I did.

Funny thing as I struggle with this and wanting to learn to play. My mother took me to a piano lesson when i was 6 - and after it I said I didn't like it and that was it. WTF Mom, who lets a 6 year make decisions like that.... :lol:

• Like 1

Hmm well let's see. I'm awoke by a crying child.. usually 5:45-6am. Usually take the crying one down, change diaper, get milk and her specific fockin blue pillow.

This usually wakes up the 9 month old.... repeat same process.

About an hour later the 7 year old wakes up.. comes downstairs...have to make her breakfast. I try to eat between then.

The day basically starts at 100mph.

Taking actual lessons. Pretty much felt like you, always wanted to learn to play it and it dawned on me, there wasn't anything stopping me. Found a great teacher and just started one day.

I'm in year 4, and I feel like I've reached a plateau, first 3 years, I had one teacher and I felt I was making super progress. She moved away, and I've struggled with new teacher. To be fair, I'm working on much harder pieces, but I still think I should get a little easier.

Never had any musical training before and I'm not particularly music inclined, it can frustrate the hell out of me, but overall, i'd still say it's worthwhile. You can always find a used electric keyboard, take lessons for awhile and see if you want to make the full investment into a piano, that's what I did.

Funny thing as I struggle with this and wanting to learn to play. My mother took me to a piano lesson when i was 6 - and after it I said I didn't like it and that was it. WTF Mom, who lets a 6 year make decisions like that.... :lol:

If YouTube had been around when I learned to play guitar in my 30s, Id have gotten up to speed a whole lot faster.

Anything on YouTube helpful for learning piano?

I have no clue how people wake up and five themselves time to learn the piano and shiit. I can't even wake up early to workout, I'd rather do it in the evening.

Wake up 6:15, if needed, shower, teeth, dry off, drink something (usually not hungry for a while), browse a little sports news on my comp. Get dressed everything but shirt and tie. Back to the bathroom to comb the hair make sure I don't have toothpaste residue in the beard-stache. Little hair gel on spots that won't cooperate and make me look (more) retarded. Shirt and tie on and out the door. By 7

If YouTube had been around when I learned to play guitar in my 30s, Id have gotten up to speed a whole lot faster.

Anything on YouTube helpful for learning piano?

Quite a bit, full on lessons in some cases straight from the same workbook my teachers have me using(Alfreds for Adult). Since I've never played anything before, I felt it was best I work with a teacher, learn proper techniques, have someone to tell me how to work through problems. But I could see if you already know an instrument, you could do it straight from Youtube.

• Like 1

We put our two older kids into both piano and guitar lessons over the years; neither one would practice between lessons so I said fock it and canceled them. Funny thing is they both later picked up both instruments on their own; my oldest (son) in fact did several years of piano class in college. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Get up. Take a dump. Shower and personal hygiene. Surf the net. Prepare for work or whatever activity I have planned. Wife sleeps later than me off days, but gets up way earlier for work.

Actual prep time is like 15 minutes, but I usually get up hours before I need to be anywhere, so waste quite a bit of time here and elsewhere.

I'm sure your neighbors appreciate an hour of sunrise Chopsticks to start their day. :thumbsup:

Summer: Wake up at 7, /shower/shave. Out the door in 20 minutes.

Fall/Winter/Spring: Wake up at 6, wake my son up, feed my son, feed my dogs, tell my son to brush his teeth and get dressed when he's done eating. Take work call. Get downstairs and see the kid playing with the dog. Tell him to go brush his focking teeth and get dressed. Read/reply to email from phone. Find the kid reading a book. Tell him to get focking dressed (he's brushed his teeth by this point). Let the dogs out to go pee. Let the dogs in. Find kid playing with legos or some other toy. Tell him to get his shoes/backpack on and get ready to leave. Pull his lunch out of the fridge, hand it to him, slap wife on the ass and watch them leave. 7AM. /shower/shave. Out the door in 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Woke up this morning

Put on my slippers

Walked in the kitchen

And died

And oh, what a feeling!

When my soul

Went through the ceiling

And on up into heaven, I did ride

When I got there, they did say

"John, it happened this way

You slipped upon the floor

And hit your head"

And all the angels say

"Just before you passed away

That these were the very last words

That you said"

"Please don't bury me

Down in that cold, cold ground

No, I?d rather have 'em cut me up

And pass me all around"

"Throw my brain in a hurricane

And the blind can have my eyes

And the deaf can take both of my ears

If they don't mind the size"

Woke up this morning

Put on my slippers

Walked in the kitchen

And died

And oh, what a feeling!

When my soul

Went through the ceiling

And on up into heaven, I did ride

When I got there, they did say

"John, it happened this way

You slipped upon the floor

And hit your head"

And all the angels say

"Just before you passed away

That these were the very last words

That you said"

"Please don't bury me

Down in that cold, cold ground

No, I?d rather have 'em cut me up

And pass me all around"

"Throw my brain in a hurricane

And the blind can have my eyes

And the deaf can take both of my ears

If they don't mind the size"

Sauce ?

I woke up this morning and got myself a beer. The futures uncertain but the end is always near. Let it roll baby roll, all night long.

Wake up, do the normal bathroom stuff, grab a quick breakfast and out the door. You people (who don't have children) that get up hours before work are monsters.

Also for cyclone, damn bro, I know that there's nothing better then having children as I've been told by many. I have no children and that's one of the reasons why. That morning just sounds awful to me :lol:

With school starting today and a new routine with the kids in different schools than last year....

5:30 up and make sure my son is up. High school starts at 7 am.

Make lunches for both kids

Start coffee

Shower

Get him out the door by about 6:15 (as of now I won't be driving him in the mornings often...another parent close by will...or my wife will as she offered as that gets her to work a little earlier)

Drink coffee, check emails, took care of some tshirt/hoodie orders for the middle school, posted here.

Wake daughter and make sure she is dressed, hair combed and has her bag ready for school.

Get her fed.

She is out the door between 8:10-8:20...middle school starts at 9. I drive 2 or so mornings each week, and work at the school twice a month selling tshirts and hoodies for the PTO.

With school starting today and a new routine with the kids in different schools than last year....

Start coffee

Shower

Get him out the door by about 6:15 (as of now I won't be driving him in the mornings often...another parent close by will...or my wife will as she offered as that gets her to work a little earlier)

Drink coffee, check emails, took care of some tshirt/hoodie orders for the middle school, posted here.

Wake daughter and make sure she is dressed, hair combed and has her bag ready for school.

Get her fed.

She is out the door between 8:10-8:20...middle school starts at 9. I drive 2 or so mornings each week, and work at the school twice a month selling tshirts and hoodies for the PTO.

Is that all you do all day??

Wake up at 3:50. Sit on the crapper for 15 minutes perusing the internet. Start the coffee. Make my morning shake. Put yogurt into a container. Grab whatever I prepared for lunch. Get dressed for work (never have to do my hair). Off I go!

I always shower the night before. I drink my entire coffee before I get to work so I don't have to carry it in. The last job I was at was at least a half mile walk from the parking lot to the job, so carrying coffee was a pain. I just drink it all and split a 5 hour energy up during the day

Doesn't anyone jerk off in the morning to take edge off of the day? :dunno:

I thought people have mentioned that your mom had already left for the day :dunno:

Doesn't anyone jerk off in the morning to take edge off of the day? :dunno:

On business trips, yeah. At home I like to hold out and see if I can talk my wife into a quicky during the day.

Shiot, she is going to start working in an office soon vs. working from home, I need a new plan. :(

I thought people have mentioned that your mom had already left for the day :dunno:

That's kinda dumb. With your mom, I don't have to jerk off at all because she is a big cumdumpster.

seewhatIdidthere?

I have no clue how people wake up and five themselves time to learn the piano and shiit. I can't even wake up early to workout, I'd rather do it in the evening.

Wake up 6:15, ###### if needed, shower, teeth, dry off, drink something (usually not hungry for a while), browse a little sports news on my comp. Get dressed everything but shirt and tie. Back to the bathroom to comb the hair make sure I don't have toothpaste residue in the beard-stache. Little hair gel on spots that won't cooperate and make me look (more) retarded. Shirt and tie on and out the door. By 7

Your routine is like mine. I wake up 45 minutes before my ass needs to hit the door.

This is where having a woman is annoying. My wife gets up like two hours before work for her feeding and beautification rituals. This is annoying as Im a light sleeper. (We work at the same place now. Will be like a five minute walk to the office.)

Wake up at 3:50. Sit on the crapper for 15 minutes perusing the internet. Start the coffee. Make my morning shake. Put yogurt into a container. Grab whatever I prepared for lunch. Get dressed for work (never have to do my hair). Off I go!

I always shower the night before. I drink my entire coffee before I get to work so I don't have to carry it in. The last job I was at was at least a half mile walk from the parking lot to the job, so carrying coffee was a pain. I just drink it all and split a 5 hour energy up during the day

You wake up at 3:50??

Christ. I would become a homicidal maniac if I had to get up that early five days a week.

I wake up around 5:45 or 6:00. Take a dump for about 15 minutes. Hop in the shower (shave there too). Get dressed. Let the dog out. Make a cup of coffee for the road. Feed the dog and give her water. Let the dog back in. Leave the house around 6:45 or 7:00.

Most days, I don't have to rush, but if I want to get out of there a little early, there is enough fluff in the schedule to make that happen. :dunno:

If I am not traveling I wake up at 5:30-5:45. Normal bathroom stuff, grab a water or diet coke for the road and out the door to work.

You wake up at 3:50??

Christ. I would become a homicidal maniac if I had to get up that early five days a week.

Yeah but I'm off at 1:20. It's really not bad

Start coffee

Shower

Get her fed.

A high schooler and middle schooler need to be woken up, have lunches made for them and her hair brushed? You need to handle that, maybe for 7yr olds that’s ok, but they are way too old for everything in this post.

A high schooler and middle schooler need to be woken up, have lunches made for them and her hair brushed? You need to handle that, maybe for 7yr olds that’s ok, but they are way too old for everything in this post.

They make their lunches during the summer and often if needed on their own.

But I offer and chose to do so with them.

As far as waking them up...I said I made sure he is up. He typically is an early waker and in the summer up before us (even Sundays he is up before us to get ready for Church). He did set an alarm because he is up now at 5:30, and is at percussion/band practice til 9 (3 nights a week). So I make sure he didn't shut his alarm off and is up getting ready. Daughter...we don't set an alarm. She woke up on her own about 10 minutes before I would have gone in to wake her up. She has painfully wavy, tangly long hair. My wife or I still spray it and make sure the tangles are brushed out. She could probably start doing that mostly on her own.