Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Lynch to Raiders done deal

2 year, 3 mil a year deal. Seattle and Oakland will exchange 2018 late round draft picks.

Just need Lynch to pass his physical sometime today.

I just wrote this in our news blub...

"Lynch will need to a pass a physical today but after months of rumors, it appears Lynch will be a Raider in 2017. Lynch (31) sat out the 2016 season but does have a lot of mileage on the tires and is on the wrong side of 30. While being consistently durable during most of his career, injuries caught up with him in 2015, limiting him to only 7 games. However, he's a good fit for the Raiders offense who lost Latavius Murray in free agency and will likely step into lead-back role. He's an RB2 with RB1 upside in redraft leagues."

Murray finished 12th among fantasy RBs last year thanks in most part to 12 TDs. The workload was split as such - Murray (195 carries), DeAndre Washington (87 carries) and Jalen Richard (83 carries). The big question is will they put more on Lynch's plate and give him 250 carries or continue to use a RBBC composed of three? My guess Lynch gets a few more touches than Murray that could push him into low-end RB1 territory but he's more likely going to be a high-end RB2 assuming he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

I guess there is yardage incentives in the deal also. It could actually be worth up to 8 million total if Lynch pulls a forest gump and runs and runs and never stops running.

I'm going to be very cautions when it comes to the Raiders Rb situation.

A Rb3 ranking is the best I can give Lynch who looked like he was done his last season with the Hawks.

Kopy and R8EMick personally got this deal done? Wow

They are very influential in the football world. (not just fantasy)

• Like 1

Just like I tell my daughter. Just stick with me kid, I won't steer you wrong.

This will be an interesting situation.

Lynch looked to be falling off in 2015. Maybe a year off helps. Lat was a good fantasy back last year but the run schedule goes from one of the weakest last year to one of the most difficult this year. He will be running behind the NFLs best OL. Like stated above no idea if it is RBBC or Oakland feeds him. I'd take him in round 3.

Would you guys still be in the market to aquire Washington and Richard fantasy wise?

Or does this change the optimism in those guys?

This will be an interesting situation.

Lynch looked to be falling off in 2015. Maybe a year off helps. Lat was a good fantasy back last year but the run schedule goes from one of the weakest last year to one of the most difficult this year. He will be running behind the NFLs best OL. Like stated above no idea if it is RBBC or Oakland feeds him. I'd take him in round 3.

I think it's a bit of a crapshoot.

the line in Seattle was subpar during Lynchs last season. The line in Oakland is considerably better.

Lynch is older (now over 30) but has had a full year off.

I'm predicting a strong first half of the season, and I think production will tail off a bit once we get further into the second half of the season. To what extent I cannot say.

I do think it's fair to draft him as a RB2. He may have RB1 upside, but a higher risk of injury due to age/inactivity.

Would you guys still be in the market to aquire Washington and Richard fantasy wise?

Or does this change the optimism in those guys?

Most definitely...particularly in some early May MFL10s.

Their ADP likely will fall off the shelf and the best aspect of this is: Now we essentially know the Raiders depth chart pre-draft.

Had the Raiders drafted a kid like D'Onta Foreman or James Conner, it could've easily been insinuated that one, or both, of those guys (Washington and Richard) wouldn't be prevalent in the Raiders backfield plans. Now, they're one Beastmode injury away from being VERY fantasy relevant.

I still think it would be prudent for the Raiders to draft a RB in the upcoming draft. Maybe someone who has the talent, but needs a half season to transition to a pro style offense.

2 year, 3 mil a year deal. Seattle and Oakland will exchange 2018 late round draft picks.

Just need Lynch to pass his physical sometime today.

Your efforts on our behalf made it all happen.

Thank you. :D

I still think it would be prudent for the Raiders to draft a RB in the upcoming draft. Maybe someone who has the talent, but needs a half season to transition to a pro style offense.

Lynch isn't the long term answer. I'd like to see the Raiders grab a good RB in the 2nd-3rd like Mixon, Kamara or Prine.

Lynch isn't the long term answer. I'd like to see the Raiders grab a good RB in the 2nd-3rd like Mixon, Kamara or Prine.

He will only be playing for the Raiders while they're still in Oakland, so he's not being considered a long term answer.

As far as Mixon is concerned...Mark Davis has to be aware that drafting him would not go over well in the Bay Area. I dunno that he'd wish to further damage his currently shaky relationship with local fans.

I'm still buying Washington and Richard.

Their value will be worth it.

Their vaule will be better than Lynch.

Some tidbits:

Marshawn Lynch has passed his Raiders physical. ~Andrew Siciliano

...He reportedly gets an extra $2 million if he's just the second Raider since 2010 to reach 1,000 yards. There’s motivation to push for that and other incentives in the deal. If Lynch is in vintage Beast Mode and fans are happy, the Raiders will gladly pay the extra freight. ~Scott Bair

Jordan SchultzVerified account @Schultz_Report

Marshawn Lynch's two-year deal w/the Raiders has a base value of $9M w/opportunity to earn up to $16.5M (7.5 in incentives), per sources.

Marshawn plans to officially announce his signing to the city of Oakland at an autograph signing/block party on Thursday - which coincides with the NFL Draft. I know which event I'll be watching. :rolleyes:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/heres-hoping-marshawn-lynch-upstages-nfl-draft

Everyone needs to understand this is not an old vet hanging on, or a team trying to sign a past-their-prime star. Lynch is from Oakland, played his high school ball there, went to college right up the freeway at Berkeley, and is still very active in the Oakland community. Lol, it's funny, when this story first broke weeks ago Raider fans immediately started donating to his kids foundation. I think the fund got up to $1400! This is something Lynch desperately wanted, and looking at the video the team released today it's easy to see his exuberance.

As for the onfield questions... obviously McKenzie thinks he can play. It's been 18 months since his last action, plenty time for him to recuperate from the abdominal surgery and any other nagging injuries he had in 2015.

Not only was he dinged up in 2015, but respectfully he was running behind a bad offensive line. Lynch averaged about one and a half yards before contact in 2015, the worst percentage of any RB with at least 100 carries. In fact the Hawks offensive line perennially finished ranked in the 20's during Lynch's time in Seattle. In the year it finished lower than 20th Marshawn averaged 5 ypc. The Raiders line ranked 6th in run blocking last year.

Some are claiming this will be a committee, but I'm not so sure. Lynch will get everything he can handle, which will be Murray's load MINIMUM. Lynch is just as good a pass blocker and undoubtedly a better receiver than Slats. He may get rotated out, but he won't automatically leave the field in passing situations.

All of it depends on Beastmode, and how hard he can go. I felt the team should at least get a 4th round back in the draft, maybe a James Connor. No WAY Mixon is their in the second for them. But after watching the press video the team released today, I'm not so sure. Lynch looks like one fired up dude, he looks in shape, and he looks ready to work. Think of the message not drafting a back will send to him. And next years draft JUST as deep as this year's.

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/857317755992723456

• Like 1

He's an old vet coming back from one year away from the game because he retired.

I'm going to call him an old vet hanging on.

For the Raiders it's a no lose situation.

But for ff, im going to let him go based on where his ranking will be.

Just to high for me.

He will only be playing for the Raiders while they're still in Oakland, so he's not being considered a long term answer.

As far as Mixon is concerned...Mark Davis has to be aware that drafting him would not go over well in the Bay Area. I dunno that he'd wish to further damage his currently shaky relationship with local fans.

My brain is a little cooked right now so maybe I may seeing this wrong, but the Raiders are moving to Vegas right? I think this is the perfect time to draft a Mixon in regards to fan backlash. I think Vegas locals will be too excited about other stuff to care. Even if it takes a few years to move to Vegas, I am not going to care about Mixon backlash if I am Mark Davis. That one player will most likely not affect the amount of money the team makes, which is all that matters if an owner isn't bothered by Mixon's actions.

My brain is a little cooked right now so maybe I may seeing this wrong, but the Raiders are moving to Vegas right? I think this is the perfect time to draft a Mixon in regards to fan backlash. I think Vegas locals will be too excited about other stuff to care. Even if it takes a few years to move to Vegas, I am not going to care about Mixon backlash if I am Mark Davis. That one player will most likely not affect the amount of money the team makes, which is all that matters if an owner isn't bothered by Mixon's actions.

The currently-mythical stadium in Las Vegas won't even exist until 2019 or so. Marshawn has signed to play with the Oakland Raiders, and so the end of his contract should coincide nicely with when the team leaves town. The Town.

Meanwhile, Davis has experienced more serious backlash from the local fanbase than he had apparently anticipated - to the point where there has been legitimate concern about filling seats at the Coliseum until the end of the run. Bringing Lynch onboard obviously helps to allay those fears somewhat - but throwing a monkeywrench like Mixon into the mix right on top of that could really mess things up again, and become an unnecessary complication.

The currently-mythical stadium in Las Vegas won't even exist until 2019 or so. Marshawn has signed to play with the Oakland Raiders, and so the end of his contract should coincide nicely with when the team leaves town. The Town.

Meanwhile, Davis has experienced more serious backlash from the local fanbase than he had apparently anticipated - to the point where there has been legitimate concern about filling seats at the Coliseum until the end of the run. Bringing Lynch onboard obviously helps to allay those fears somewhat - but throwing a monkeywrench like Mixon into the mix right on top of that could really mess things up again, and become an unnecessary complication.

I honestly dont know why this is a surprise. If the fans are truly pissed off, and want to make him pay, the best way to do that is to hit him in the pocketbook. Dont go to the games.

As far as Mixon goes, I really dont think Mark davis cares what the fans think, they need to have a young talented RB on the roster in case Lynch gets hurt or is ineffective due to age and time off. Not having another RB on this roster would be irresponsible even if you truly believe Lynch has another year or two in the tank.

I haven't heard much of this, other than some isolated incidents. If the team picks back up winning those fans will come around.

When Lynch gets inducted into the ring of honor. That field is gonna rain skittles. It's gonna be an awesome sight to see.

I'm a fairly, cool, calm, and collective guy.

There's only been 2 times in my life when I've completely lost my sh1t watching a game. (Alcohol did play significant parts).

1 was beast quake against the saints. It's a play I'll never forget the rest of my life.

• Like 1

Raiders looked good last year till their Carr broke

Raiders looked good last year till their Carr broke

Yeah they did, didn't they. Lol, don't be hiding under a rock if we take that division back. You get your silly ass in here and pays your respect.

Oh how exciting.

More contract details from http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/5/4/15544518/look-at-marshawn-lynchs-detailed-incentive-package-with-raiders

$2.35M fully guaranteed

$31,250 per game active ($500,000 for full season)

$150,000 workout bonus

$2.9 million against salary cap

Incentives:

9 TDs: $250,000

12 TDs: $500,000 ($750K total)

400 Rush Yards: $400,000

500 Rush Yards: $400,000 ($800K total)

600 Rush Yards: $400,000 ($1.2M total

800 Rush Yards: $600,000 ($1.6M total)

1,000 Rush Yards: $600,000 ($2.2M total)

Every 100 Yards past 1,000: $250,000

Another $1.5 million is available should the team make the playoffs.

If Lynch were to put up the numbers he did in 2014 (his last full season), he would earn as much as $5.2 million in incentives for a total amount of $8.1 million earned in 2017. Max incentives would put him at $8.8 million. The final year of his contract with the Seahawks would have paid him $9 million guaranteed before he reworked it to sign with the Raiders.

• Like 1

Hopefully the Raiders are looking to save money on this deal :ninja: