Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Support for FFToday

I wanted to say thank you to the fftoday crew for the website and this message board. It is the time of year when they "earn their keep" so to speak. I know we have a lot of experts on this site, but please take time and order the compiler. Even if you aren't going to use it, it provides revenue to fftoday. To my knowledge, this is still a privately owned site and they aren't charging us for articles or posting our little nuggets of information. That is rare today, to have an interactive site without having to pay.

Anyway, I wanted to mention some things before heading out for the weekend. Some of us that have been on here for a while remember the Willie Parker posts. A lot of us won leagues that year because of an unknown running back. It was a post here that led the vast majority of us to pick up this guy on the waiver wire BEFORE he broke out. Larry Johnson was picked up by many here because of some posts about the health of Priest Holmes, BEFORE he went down for good. My gosh, who picked up Larry that season and didn't win their league?! :) Over the years, we've seen some excellents posts, especially come fantasy playoff time. We've all won leagues based on information we read here first. What about Matt Forte's rookie year, then his disappointing second year? Last season we posted about using the kid in Chicago in the fantasy playoffs (can't even remember his name!!!) and he did very well. You didn't read that information on Rotoworld or anywhere else. It was only the knowledgable fantasy players here that knew he would be worth starting.

I will order the compiler for the 3rd consecutive year. The fact I can customize it is perfect for my needs. Even if you aren't going to use it, support the site that has let us all yell at each other, make new friends, and most of all, win league titles.

Have a great weekend and please "bump" this post up when it falls. There are VERY few sites with this kind of excellent information for free on the internet.

Can size!? :mad:

it might encourage me to buy the DB

I need a pic of the cans not just size. :banana: :clap: :wave:

Hey, at the Geek Club, we earn our keep 365. Who do you think is providing revenue through banner ads while discussing poop and boobies in March? Us, that's who.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey, at the Geek Club, we earn our keep 365. Who do you think is providing revenue through banner ads while discussing poop and boobies in March? Us, that's who.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Speaking of the Geek Club, we need some new blood over there. I extend this invitation before all the fairweather regular-season people start rolling in: please come join us.

It's a great crew really. We have fun discussions about boobies and poop and politics. And some other stuff too. And the posters are generally good. Well except for Recliner Pilot. And Strike. And Newbie JR. And MDC, BLS, Suxbnme, IGotWorms, Little Rusty, Old Maid, Mookz, gocolts....well, pretty much everybody really. Come to think of it, there's really nothing redeeming about the Geek Club.

So join us! You don't have anything better to do :cheers:

They got me for life with their daring, Chad Johnson projection back in 2001. Rock solid projections, bold (but grounded) predictions. I'll shamelessly plug a podcast later. ;-)

Come to think of it, there's really nothing redeeming about the Geek Club.

That line is the best part of your post. The Geek Club is great if you're turned on by political flame fests and Fox News type rhetoric. Loudmouthed Limbaugh lemmings abound, while the merits of poo or boobies is left to wither. Most come here for fantasy football related info, not the latest right wing attack on Obummer. If only the Geek Club had been left to die when the forums went down...

That line is the best part of your post. The Geek Club is great if you're turned on by political flame fests and Fox News type rhetoric. Loudmouthed Limbaugh lemmings abound, while the merits of poo or boobies is left to wither. Most come here for fantasy football related info, not the latest right wing attack on Obummer. If only the Geek Club had been left to die when the forums went down...

The geek club is like your retarded cousin...too late to abort so you just ignored and pretend it doesn't exist.

I have to agree. Since the first year I started using the Compiler, I've never missed a year. The price is nominal for the customization and abilities the spreadsheet gives me.

I even used the Compiler/Draft Buddy to beat Mike in a league last year, so it pretty much pays for itself. :thumbsup:

I throw my endorsement behind it when get my FFToday t-shirt. <_<

Ok, t-shirt bitterness aside, the draftbuddy/compiler is flat out awesome. I used it to dominate the league my long-time redraft league I was in (until the doosh commish kicked me out) and find it an invaluable tool (as opposed to all you valueless tools on here). Please buy it, win your league, then remember the little guys at FFToday when you're rich and famous. Thank you.

Some of us that have been on here for a while remember the Willie Parker posts. A lot of us won leagues that year because of an unknown running back. It was a post here that led the vast majority of us to pick up this guy on the waiver wire BEFORE he broke out. Larry Johnson was picked up by many here because of some posts about the health of Priest Holmes, BEFORE he went down for good. My gosh, who picked up Larry that season and didn't win their league?! :) Over the years, we've seen some excellents posts, especially come fantasy playoff time. We've all won leagues based on information we read here first. What about Matt Forte's rookie year, then his disappointing second year? Last season we posted about using the kid in Chicago in the fantasy playoffs (can't even remember his name!!!) and he did very well. You didn't read that information on Rotoworld or anywhere else. It was only the knowledgable fantasy players here that knew he would be worth starting.

The year Willie Parker and Larry Johnson blew up, I got both on every single one of my teams thanks to posts on this forum. That was also the last year I took an RB in the first round.

I'd also like to add one more about Ray Rice going into his second season. Thanks to a post by someone with insider Baltimore Ravens info, I "reached" for him in the first round of our keeper league (keep 3, so essentially 4th round pick), and have kept him since. I am sure many others benefited from that information about Rice.

Been a member here for a while.....don't post much usually just read the threads and articles... I have seen people on the boards talk about this but I usually create my own projections and rankings in excel(I enjoy it) ......

but I just bought this thing for the first time(kinda felt obligated to support the site) and spent the last day or so playing with it.....

THIS THING IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

If I only would have known that this does 90% of the work for me... I mean

-Custom Cheatsheets for drafts/keepers/auctions whatever....using your leagues scoring

-Draft sheets

-player comparison head to head

-depth charts

-a draft clock and funny sounds I can play at my draft too!!! LOL!!!

and I can still do my own projections and import them using the "Projection Pal"

If you have not bought this yet....Do yourself a favor and go do in RIGHT NOW!!! I am telling you you will be happy you did!!!!!!

Thank you for starting this thread and making me feel bad for never buying it before....

Thanks very much for the kind words and support everyone! :thumbsup:

The geek club is like your retarded cousin...too late to abort so you just ignored and pretend it doesn't exist.

I try.. its harded then you would think... :cry:

Yeah, you guys are alright in my book...

Favorite fftoday-influenced pickup of recent years:

Colston :pointstosky:

(and I didn't even get to use him as a TE that year; Colston with TE eligibility was Jimmy Graham... before Jimmy Graham)

I've been using Compiler for five or six years now. Not only has it been a great tool for rankings and such, it helps me to organize league keepers and run the draft itself. I keep one copy for my own ranking tweaks, then use an unaltered copy hooked up to a projector. The other guys in the league don't see anything but the input Page, so they don't know the full power of the compiler.

Then throughout the season I keep going back to it on a weekly basis to track dropped players (important for our keeper rules).

After using it for so long, I can't imagine not having it. Definitely highly recommended!