Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Brandon Marshall signs with Seattle

I don't think that is a big deal, but it's interesting because how does Brandon Marshall find a team before Dez Bryant?

Bryant is not very good anymore and I have heard it mentioned that he is asking fot a lot of money. Marshall is probably getting minimum dollars.

That has to be a kick in the nuts for Dez. Dude went from making 14 million or whatever he was supposed to make to making nothing.

That has to be a kick in the nuts for Dez. Dude went from making 14 million or whatever he was supposed to make to making nothing.

Yeah, sometimes I think the ego is the last thing some of these ex big name players lose as they age.

I don't think that is a big deal, but it's interesting because how does Brandon Marshall find a team before Dez Bryant?

Over the past 3 years, Marshall has more receptions, more yards, and the same amount of TDs as Bryant, despite missing more games.

Marshall may be older and an azzhole, but Dez just doesn't seem to care.

If Seattle competes, it's not going to be because of Brandon Marshall, lol. Maybe you were being sarcastic though...probably.

Yes and no, historically the hawks have had better years when they bring in the "old guy" through summer and pre season.......

Over the past 3 years, Marshall has more receptions, more yards, and the same amount of TDs as Bryant, despite missing more games.

Marshall may be older and an azzhole, but Dez just doesn't seem to care.

Damn. That's crazy. I mean just based on hype.

Sorry but I don’t see much news about this move.

I don’t see it changing anything when it comes too ff.

Thanks.

I'm a Marshall fan....but.....

1. 2017 may as well be forgotten. He missed most of it, and the Giants were a complete mess the 4 games he played. Wipe it off the books.......2016 he sucked, but the Jets QB play that season was probably the worst in the league. Fitz, Geno, and Petty combined for 3,645 yards, 16 TDs and 27 Interceptions.......The year prior with decent QB play, you got 1,500 yards and 14 TDs from him........ I realize he is up there in age and the decline is here, but to go from best WR in football to unusable over one off season feels a bit more about other factors than him.

2. Seahawks.....They don't score on the ground (1 rushing TD from a RB last season).....Marshall immediately becomes Seattle's biggest redzone receiving threat.... Baldwin and Locket are the opposite of that, and Graham is obviously gone....10+ TDs almost seems like a given simply based on the fact that someone has to score.

70 catches, 900 yards, 12 TYDs

So with those numbers you see Marshall as a wr1 in ppr leagues.

And I can see your points.

I don’t think he has enough to reach those numbers.

I think the addition of R Penny could indeed change the Hawks ablity too establish a run game in which they will score more rushing tds.

Marshall is probably an upgrade over some of their other WRs, but he won’t displace Baldwin as their wr1.

If anything I think Baldwin’s numbers could get better.

Thanks.

I don’t see him being more then a wr5, maybe at best a wr4.

So with those numbers you see Marshall as a wr1 in ppr leagues.

And I can see your points.

I don’t think he has enough to reach those numbers.

I think the addition of R Penny could indeed change the Hawks ablity too establish a run game in which they will score more rushing tds.

Marshall is probably an upgrade over some of their other WRs, but he won’t displace Baldwin as their wr1.

If anything I think Baldwin’s numbers could get better.

Thanks.

I don’t see him being more then a wr5, maybe at best a wr4.

Ok....Now that I do the math and see what those numbers would add up to from an FF standpoint, I shot way too high. I'll admit this.

But while the numbers are too high, I think the logic is reasonably sound....So I'll revise to say that I could easily see him simply replacing Jimmy Graham's numbers. That would make him a decent WR3.

You made some great points thanks.

One thing that could make me change my opinion is Wilson.

No question the best Qb Marshall ever teamed up with.

Thanks for the reply, always a pleasure.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine (no facts for you). But he said the deal is league minimum, and acentives can get it to 2 mil.

So it's basically a can be cut at any time/prove it deal.

That's a very big difference from Dez still wanting to be paid top dollar. Which is what I've heard he wants.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/Article/Seattle-Seahawks-WR-Brandon-Marshall-contract-details-revealed-118667366

Per Yates, he has a $90,000 signing bonus and $1.015 base salary -- the minimum for a veteran. The rest of the $1.140 million is tied to incentives that escalate depending on his production. He has separate escalators for production tied to his season total receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. The easiest to remember is touchdowns. If he has seven or more touchdowns, he adds $350,000 in bonus money.

On a one year deal I do not see any scenario for which Marshall is cut. Nice add Seattle.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/Article/Seattle-Seahawks-WR-Brandon-Marshall-contract-details-revealed-118667366

Per Yates, he has a $90,000 signing bonus and $1.015 base salary -- the minimum for a veteran. The rest of the $1.140 million is tied to incentives that escalate depending on his production. He has separate escalators for production tied to his season total receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. The easiest to remember is touchdowns. If he has seven or more touchdowns, he adds $350,000 in bonus money.

On a one year deal I do not see any scenario for which Marshall is cut. Nice add Seattle.

If Marshall is awful, and gets burried on the depth chart, think he stays happy with his mouth shut? Easy contract to just eat if he doesn't make an impact.

And all of a sudden the Hawks might be able to contend this year after all.......

Marshall isn't who he used to be

If Marshall is awful, and gets burried on the depth chart, think he stays happy with his mouth shut? Easy contract to just eat if he doesn't make an impact.

Does he still do his talk show?

Marshall isn't who he used to be

I dont think he needs to be. What the hawks need is a body with a nose for the endzone. Lynch had it, but since he left Wilson is the only one. Put Baldwin and Marshall on the same side and see what happens.

What the hawks need is...

...an offensive line that can hold a block for more than a micro-second.

...an offensive line that can hold a block for more than a micro-second.

No disagreement there.

Not relevant to FF, but if you followed the Darrent Williams story for years until the real truth came out, Marshall Is just a low down cowardly lying scumbcket.

Now, he puts on his fake Malcolm X glasses and talks about how none of it's his fault, he has a personality disorder.

Yeah that's just a few extra syllables way for saying the guy is an axshole.

Hope he ruptures his vulva.

Not relevant to FF, but if you followed the Darrent Williams story for years until the real truth came out, Marshall Is just a low down cowardly lying scumbcket.

Now, he puts on his fake Malcolm X glasses and talks about how none of it's his fault, he has a personality disorder.

Yeah that's just a few extra syllables way for saying the guy is an axshole.

Hope he ruptures his vulva.

Yeah, the guy is trash. That gang killed the wrong guy. Literally.

Dez is following the TO method of being great, and then stopping playing.

jdon