Sign in to follow this  
jbryant4

WR Rankings...Huh?

Stills 34 DeSean Jackson 36
Landry 44 Watkins 41

Ugh...Are you guys serious?

I quit looking at the rest of them after seeing this...Holy Cow!

I don't see a problem. Landry has some serious competition for targets with Coleman, Gordon, and Duke.

Watkins is majorly overrated and after Kelce, Hill, and Hunt.

Check some other sites....and compare their rankings...For example...Sportline the 3 guys rank 60 WR's...Jacksons rankings 56, NR, NR....I love FF Today articles....but their rankings have always been "odd"

I don't see a problem. Landry has some serious competition for targets with Coleman, Gordon, and Duke.

Watkins is majorly overrated and after Kelce, Hill, and Hunt.

You can't know how serious the competition is for a guy where the whole offense is basically new. I think Landry will be just fine in PPR, although, let's see what the QB position provides.

You can't know how serious the competition is for a guy where the whole offense is basically new. I think Landry will be just fine in PPR, although, let's see what the QB position provides.

It's also Cleveland. I'm just saying the ranking has justification. We dont know how most teams will pan out

Check some other sites....and compare their rankings...For example...Sportline the 3 guys rank 60 WR's...Jacksons rankings 56, NR, NR....I love FF Today articles....but their rankings have always been "odd"

I'll take "odd" as a compliment. In all seriousness jbryant4, If my rankings mirrored the others in this industry, then you should probably question my projection/ranking process and wonder whether or not I'm just taking the easy way out and mimicking the general consensus.

I talked a little bit about the Browns receivers in this thread, but even though I love the skill players, I have serious doubts that the QB tandem of Tyrod Taylor and rookie Baker Mayfield along with a new OC implementing a new offense is going to make Gordon, Landry, Njoku and all 3 running backs fantasy relevant. In all likelihood somebody (or somebodies) are going to be left out in the cold. Right now I have Gordon with the advantage, but I'm honestly still formulating my opinion and look forward to camp to see if either Gordon or Landry is going be the preferred option in the passing game.

As for DeSean Jackson, if you go back and watch games from last season, you'll see that Jackson just missed on seem deep balls that could've drastically improved his stats from a year ago. Even with Winston on the shelf for 3 games, I don't think it's absurd to think D-Jax has a bit of a bounce back coming in 2018.

• Like 1

I'll take "odd" as a compliment. In all seriousness jbryant4, If my rankings mirrored the others in this industry, then you should probably question my projection/ranking process and wonder whether or not I'm just taking the easy way out and mimicking the general consensus.

I talked a little bit about the Browns receivers in this thread, but even though I love the skill players, I have serious doubts that the QB tandem of Tyrod Taylor and rookie Baker Mayfield along with a new OC implementing a new offense is going to make Gordon, Landry, Njoku and all 3 running backs fantasy relevant. In all likelihood somebody (or somebodies) are going to be left out in the cold. Right now I have Gordon with the advantage, but I'm honestly still formulating my opinion and look forward to camp to see if either Gordon or Landry is going be the preferred option in the passing game.

As for DeSean Jackson, if you go back and watch games from last season, you'll see that Jackson just missed on seem deep balls that could've drastically improved his stats from a year ago. Even with Winston on the shelf for 3 games, I don't think it's absurd to think D-Jax has a bit of a bounce back coming in 2018.

At this point who cares, throw the ball 50 times a game and maybe give the fans something to look forward to other then a field goal.

But yea I like odd also, ive said for years that a lot of people on here cant play the game because they offer no more then what a piece of paper tells them to think. In short no better at fantasy football then someone who has never watched a full quarter of football.

Stills 34 DeSean Jackson 36

Landry 44 Watkins 41

Ugh...Are you guys serious?

I quit looking at the rest of them after seeing this...Holy Cow!

Here is what I do. Move Landry and Watkins ahead of Jackson and Stills. Then I think of the people in my league who like the Browns, Bengals, Steelers, and Cowboys so I know where and when to jump on players. Make a decision during the draft if I can take Kelce in the second round and recover. Anything that you read or see don't mean a thing this early till you see some pre-season games. You and you alone get to draft your team. If your stuck between 2 or 3 players at the same position, it is only better when u go draft knowing you might move up to draft somebody that the experts predict will fall a round later just to lock up a guy.

I know it’s early...and I am really just trying to stir some up some chat...but anybody here, that is planning on drafting stills or Jackson above Landry and / or Watkins...give me your contact info...there are openings in a few of my leagues...

Djax is always DND for last several years

• Like 1

The only league I’m in just voted too go from a ppr league too a non ppr league.

So I’m pretty excited about having to rethink my rankings based on that change.

I would not have a hard time ranking Stills ahead of those other three players based on a non ppr league.

I think Landry in a non ppr league could find it hard too receive the number of targets he wa receiving when he was the only true number one target.

Just way too many other targets on the Browns and I’m not a T Taylor fan.

So I do t think he can successfully feed all those mouths.

D jax is just a unstable draft pick for me, never really been on board with him, and C Godwin could be even more involved this season and they have two young tes plus R Jones, so again I see a lot of options and of course with M Evans being far and away their number one target. I think I will pass on him.

Watkins I think could be an interesting player too watch during the preseason.

But he has a lot of other good targets atom complete with, and a first year starter at Qb, in whom I think will be good but it’s his first rodeo.

So in a non ppr league I could see Stills being the top pick of those four players, who does he have too complete with on the Dolphins.

Parker yea right.

Thanks.

Nice save, Mike, but you forgot to also go back and edit my quote of you.

I know it’s early...and I am really just trying to stir some up some chat...but anybody here, that is planning on drafting stills or Jackson above Landry and / or Watkins...give me your contact info...there are openings in a few of my leagues...

Still could very well be the top WR on the Dolphins this season. He had a better rapport with Ryan T. than Parker and I would expect that to continue. He's a true sleeper this season and people are missing out on him.

Landry will not only compete with Gordon, Njoku and whoever wins the 3rd WR battle, but he's going to compete with a 3-headed monster at the running back position. I'm not a fan of Landry this season. The offense they will be running will be similar to what the Steelers and Cardinals ran - Mid to Deep passes. Neither team had a true slot receiver, so I don't expect 110 6 yard passes to Landry this season. He's currently being overvalued.

The one I will disagree with is Watkins. Reid knows WR's. He signed him to a long term deal, not a one year contract. Hill is also going to be wanting a contract extension after this season. Did Reid sign Watkins as a replacement? You can't keep two $15 million WR's and an $8/9 million TE. I think Watkins vastly outperforms his draft status and finishes with Jeremy Maclin type numbers (when Maclin was decent). For where you can draft Watkins, you really can't go wrong on taking a shot. If he misses, big deal. If he turns into a legit WR2 in fantasy football, then you've got one heck of a steal.

DeSean Jackson - I have a lot of questions about him. First, is he even going to win the 2nd WR position battle? Second, can Fitz hit him down the field? I have my doubts. The running game will help him on play action, but last season, Jackson didn't seem as interested as prior years. Maybe it's the Tampa offense?

Since Tyrod took over the Bills full time QB job no receiver has more than 60 rec in a season and his career high in completions is 269. For Landry to be the PPR machine that he is, his QB need to complete 350+ passes. I'm sure Landry will help improve his QB's completion numbers, but not only is he fighting for targets with talented receivers, his QB isn't a precision pocket passer that slot receivers thrive with.

Also, the Browns still want to be a run first offense........ala Hyde/Chubb banging it in there. I know Haley likes to hit it deep off playaction so I think that favors Gordon. I don't see Landry being a PPR machine, but I do think he'll get his. He is probably more WR2 or WR3 and I see him as consistently getting 3-4/gm with no real monster games.

Since Tyrod took over the Bills full time QB job no receiver has more than 60 rec in a season and his career high in completions is 269. For Landry to be the PPR machine that he is, his QB need to complete 350+ passes. I'm sure Landry will help improve his QB's completion numbers, but not only is he fighting for targets with talented receivers, his QB isn't a precision pocket passer that slot receivers thrive with.

Who were Taylors WRs?

Who were Taylors WRs?

Watkins, Woods, Clay and McCoy. Maybe not HOFs but not an awful group. Taylor should be high on the list for those that like Landry.

Taylor won't be throwing the rock for long.....

Who were Taylors WRs?

This is what people who watched no Bills games asks. Not that you should want to watch the Bills or anything.

Tyrod is not very good at passing the ball. It is clear as day when you watch him play full games. He is so afraid to throw a pick that he leads wide open guys too far or just decides not to throw it altogether. Doesn't keep his eyes downfield. Is a vet but still didn't seem to have much read progression. A lot of 1-2 read plays then take off. And really he just isn't that accurate. Maybe average in that department. He isn't the worst you can have in the NFL when trying to win games, since his legs can bail out the team on 3rd downs. And he doesn't turn it over much. So with a strong defense he will sort of keep you in games. But as a passer he is below average.

He had Marquise Goodwin. Who he did nothing with. Then he goes to the 9ers becomes their number 1 WR and almost has 1000 yards with CJ Beathard for half the year.

Maybe if Tyrod decides to wing it and go for broke with this situation he will come out of his shell and put up passing numbers. But for the last 3 years he has been so afraid to make real throws as a QB to the point where it killed the team. I wish him well, he is a real good guy it seems.

This is what people who watched no Bills games asks. Not that you should want to watch the Bills or anything.

Tyrod is not very good at passing the ball. It is clear as day when you watch him play full games. He is so afraid to throw a pick that he leads wide open guys too far or just decides not to throw it altogether. Doesn't keep his eyes downfield. Is a vet but still didn't seem to have much read progression. A lot of 1-2 read plays then take off. And really he just isn't that accurate. Maybe average in that department. He isn't the worst you can have in the NFL when trying to win games, since his legs can bail out the team on 3rd downs. And he doesn't turn it over much. So with a strong defense he will sort of keep you in games. But as a passer he is below average.

He had Marquise Goodwin. Who he did nothing with. Then he goes to the 9ers becomes their number 1 WR and almost has 1000 yards with CJ Beathard for half the year.

Maybe if Tyrod decides to wing it and go for broke with this situation he will come out of his shell and put up passing numbers. But for the last 3 years he has been so afraid to make real throws as a QB to the point where it killed the team. I wish him well, he is a real good guy it seems.

After hearing more people's accounts on Taylor, I'm starting to come around to this line of thinking.

That said, I don't think his surrounding talent was really all that impressive. Watkins wasn't any good in LA, in fact - he was worse - than what he was in Buffalo. Woods really wasn't all that much better in LA either. His receptions weren't that much higher, he did have a bump in yards and TD's, but their offense was more dynamic because of Gurley (and play calling). Yeah, Taylor had McCoy, but McCoy wasn't as good as what Gurley was last year. You also have to take into account play calling/system. To note, Taylor had 3 HC's and 3 OC's over the last 3 years during his tenure there. Also, Goodwin's lack of production in Buffalo can't be blamed on Taylor. The guy played in less than 40 games and only had 10 starts in 4 seasons. He couldn't even get on the field. Taylor doesn't control Goodwin's playing time. Also, Goodwin wasn't all that great in SF last year either. His season was really all about like 5 games, 3 of which were towards the end of the year. In his last 2 games, he caught only 5 of 10 passes for 65 yards.

Does Goodwin have potential? Sure. But let's not overstate what he's really done.

Robbie Anderson at 28 and Rishard Mathews at 29 pretty much did it for me, ridiculous.

What's so wrong with those rankings? Anderson is a talented guy, but he was also the only option last year. Pryor and Enunwa are both added thus year.

Matthews can be a very good WR2. He also plays on an unimaginative offense. We assume Davis will step up, but who knows? Damn near every high end hopeful prospect has fallen pretty flat in this league the past few years.

When will teams realize that an offense with a goal to score points by any means necessary is the best approach? This run first or die mentality needs to go away. If half the league was anywhere near creative on offense, or at least changed to match their opponent, this game would be a lot more interesting. The forcing the player to fit the system and keeping the same old tired ass system year to year, that needs to change.