Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Most viewed Vehicle of all time. OJ/JFK/General Lee?

Most Viewed vehicle of all time  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one have there been more separate pairs of eyes on

• JFK's Limo he was in when shot
    • O.J Simpson's Bronco Chase
    • General Lee

So a buddy of mine and I are arguing. He says General Lee. I say one of the other two. (I've read one link saying JFK, one saying OJ).

If you have "other" please post it.

Back To The Future, DeLorean.

What about the Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit?

The Batmobile.

Herbie.

Mach 5.

Ectomobile from Ghostbusters.

And you know what...I just looked...and there were between 256 and 321 General Lees used for the show....so fock....that certainly isn't "The single vehicle...." cuz....yeah....it just isn't.

Air Force one.

If you mean land vehicle only, would probably be a head of states limo.

Maybe Diana's hearse?

Diana's hearse is up there too. But not Air Force One, I wouldn't think.

I bring this up because I saw a Pawn Stars episode 2 weeks ago where they said it was the single most viewed individual vehicle of all time. I found a list of most viewed live TV events...and JFK was #2 and OJ was #10....so...that points to JFK.

Not many saw JFK actually get shot, and the Zupruder film wasn't even released/shown until years later.

In this day and age of people's fascination of the Kardashians more than current events - give me the Bronco.

I'll take Al Cowlings for $400 Alex

Popemobile? :dunno:

Although I suppose there have been many incarnations of that, too. <_<

• Like 1

Two certain 747s.

lets not start that.

we all know those were doctored videos

According to the guy trying to sell the bronco in pawn stars...it's the bronco. Would be interesting to really know I guess.

And yeah...it wasn't OJs...he and AC had the same Bronco

Most viewed

depending on what you mean by that... I'd say you're really asking for the "most searched for" because that's what leads to "most viewed".

So, I'd look at it like this:

Kennedy Limo - NO

this happened in a time when it was more of a "news" event in the sense of old-school news, not the media hype/frenzy that it is today. The limo itself isn't searched for, it's Kennedy's haid and/or the magic bullet. Zapruder film? maybe... but I'm not even sure that half the population since the internet age even knows what the Zapruder is.

OJ's Bronco - YES

1994 was on the cusp of the information age, internet, and media frenzies... cable news existed and this was shown/talked about ad-nauseam. Media and technology push this one to the winner's circle.

General Lee - NO

simply not enough media hype and was a pop culture item long before the internet. Nobody's searching for the General Lee or Dukes of Hazard today or really since the internet started.

Wings was certainly an important vehicle for Tony Shalhoub's career. :dunno:

Wings was certainly an important vehicle for Tony Shalhoub's career. :dunno:

The tennis player?

Fred Flintstones ride. When they go to the drive thru and it tips over from the ribs.

RMS Queen Mary is a retired ocean liner that sailed primarily on the North Atlantic Ocean from 1936 to 1967 for the Cunard Line (known as Cunard-White Star Line when the vessel entered service). Built by John Brown & Company in Clydebank, Scotland, Queen Mary, along with RMS Queen Elizabeth,[3] were built as part of Cunard's planned two-ship weekly express service between Southampton, Cherbourg and New York. The two ships were a British response to the express superliners built by German, Italian and French companies in the late 1920s and early 1930s. Queen Mary was the flagship of the Cunard Line from May 1936 until October 1946 when she was replaced in that role by Queen Elizabeth.

Queen Mary sailed on her maiden voyage on 27 May 1936 and captured the Blue Riband in August of that year;[4] she lost the title to SS Normandie in 1937 and recaptured it in 1938, holding it until 1952 when she was beaten by the new SS United States. With the outbreak of the Second World War, she was converted into a troopship and ferried Allied soldiers for the duration of the war.

Following the war, Queen Mary was refitted for passenger service and along with Queen Elizabeth commenced the two-ship transatlantic passenger service for which the two ships were initially built. The two ships dominated the transatlantic passenger transportation market until the dawn of the jet age in the late 1950s. By the mid-1960s, Queen Mary was ageing and, though still among the most popular transatlantic liners, was operating at a loss.

After several years of decreased profits for Cunard Line, Queen Mary was officially retired from service in 1967. She left Southampton for the last time on 31 October 1967 and sailed to the port of Long Beach, California, United States, where she remains permanently moored. Much of the machinery, including one of the two engine rooms, three of the four propellers, and all of the boilers, were removed. The ship serves as a tourist attraction featuring restaurants, a museum and a hotel. The ship is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The National Trust for Historic Preservation has accepted the Queen Mary as part of the Historic Hotels of America.[5]

Back To The Future, DeLorean.

funny, i saw that car at a gaming convention this spring.

funny, i saw that car at a gaming convention this spring.

Lol. Dork

The tennis player?

:lol: i get the reference.

I feel like I almost get it. <_<

Does it have anything to do with Pete Sampras? :(

I'll take any Bond vehicle over any posted. The one that had the ejection seat was my favorite. I would Have needed more umph to eject the fatties though.

And you know what...I just looked...and there were between 256 and 321 General Lees used for the show....so fock....that certainly isn't "The single vehicle...." cuz....yeah....it just isn't.

That's why I voted for the only one I've ever seen... "The" General Lee.

There during the Gratiot Cruise we have in suburban Detroit each year, back before I came overseas. It sure looked authentic. The trunk's been popped open and there's autographed photos the owner standing next to Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Merrill Brookes, and Uncle Jesse's actor.

So I'm thinking "Dang, this has got to be it right here in Eastpointe, not being preserved in some Hollywood museum."

It made more sense when the owner explained, as tubby points out here as well, they routinely went through 3-6 cars each episode and so there's a few hundred of them around.

So what I saw wasn't 'it' in that it wasn't "THE" General Lee but it was certainly "A" General Lee and they're a bunch scattered all over the country being preserved by dedicated owners like the guy I met that day. Making the rounds and piling up the eyeball count.

That's why I voted for the only one I've ever seen... "The" General Lee.

There during the Gratiot Cruise we have in suburban Detroit each year, back before I came overseas. It sure looked authentic. The trunk's been popped open and there's autographed photos the owner standing next to Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Merrill Brookes, and Uncle Jesse's actor.

So I'm thinking "Dang, this has got to be it right here in Eastpointe, not being preserved in some Hollywood museum."

It made more sense when the owner explained, as tubby points out here as well, they routinely went through 3-6 cars each episode and so there's a few hundred of them around.

So what I saw wasn't 'it' in that it wasn't "THE" General Lee but it was certainly "A" General Lee and they're a bunch scattered all over the country being preserved by dedicated owners like the guy I met that day. Making the rounds and piling up the eyeball count.

A guy I went to high school with had one. Doors welded shut, Dixie horn and everything. I'm not sure if it was ever used on the show though.

The Oscar Meier Wienermobile.

Tiger's car?