Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Rex Burkhead

Not going to get too excited about one pre-season game but the kid did show some moves.

Also can catch the ball out of the backfield.

What do you all think?

Is this guy worth a stash on a 10 team PPR?

Who would you drop for him... draft him over?

Gillislee is supposed to be the man I get it... but haven't seen much of him...

Burkhead made a lot out of his pre-season shot.

• Like 1

I thought I absolutely swindled my one dynasty league by drafting him at 3.10, 12 team ppr. Maybe he is inconsistent, but if Belichik Wants a very reliable running back with tons of versatility, Burkhead will be in often. I think the other guys might be more situational while Burkhead gets the majority of the work.

Gillislee is kinda meh

I keep seeing this & don't really get it.

The last 2 years he's averaged 5.7 per carry & has 11 TD'S on 151 carries.

Not exactly what I'd call "meh."

I think alot of it has to do with the uncertainty of the Patriots.

Gillislee is being drafted in the 5th-7th rd, yet nobody has any idea what Belichick has in store for the position. He paid money for Burkhead, he has an affinity for James White, and there's still Dion Lewis there as well, so it's difficult to properly gauge what role Gillislee will actually have.

That's a high ADP for a guy that has zero certainty. That's what people mean with "meh" IMO; that there's safer options at WR/QB/TE or other RBs in similar range with similar upside and more certainty.

hes also never had more than 15 carries in a game, and has been a bruiser behind Mccoy, (everyone is a bruiser behind Mccoy).

I mean he might have 10-12 TD's but I doubt he even gets close to 800 yards

Focking tough situation to figure out.

Bulkhead, Lewis, White and Gillislee will all have roles.

That's a lot of mouths to feed.

Gillislee in standard leagues is the only one I really like since he should get the goal line carries.

Otherwise it'll be a weekly crapshoot.

When would you start any of the Patriots also Rbs?

I don't see how you would know when to do so.

I'm going to pass on that problem and let someone else have it.

Focking tough situation to figure out.

Bulkhead, Lewis, White and Gillislee will all have roles.

That's a lot of mouths to feed.

Gillislee in standard leagues is the only one I really like since he should get the goal line carries.

Otherwise it'll be a weekly crapshoot.

Yeah, I believe every one of these guys to be capable RB's. They'll be utilized according to whatever game plan BB comes up with.

Gillislee should lead the bunch in carries, though, and he's a better short yardage rb than Blount so I can see double digit TD's. (I think I just typed my way into liking Gillislee more than I did 3 minutes ago).

I can't see who will separate themselves among the other 3. Not sure if any of them could get enough touches to warrant a pick from me.

Note: My leagues have limited roster spots and limited ww transactions.

When would you start any of the Pateiots Rbs?

I don't see how you would know when to do so.

I'm going to pass on that problem and let someone else have it.

In ppr Burkhead is at least worth a roster spot. What if Lewis gets hurt per usual along with White, who honestly wasn't even a normal part of the offense last year. Just a few touched here and there. Burkhead could be a top 15 running back at that point easy.

He could also be ranked 61st.

Before the pick up of M Gillislee I was on board with Burkhead.

Just to many Rbs on one team and who's coaching staff likes to change up their game plans week to week you can early in up with a flex player giving you zero points.

I pass.

He could also be ranked 61st.

Before the pick up of M Gillislee I was on board with Burkhead.

Just to many Rbs on one team and who's coaching staff likes to change up their game plans week to week you can early in up with a flex player giving you zero points.

I pass.

So could literally any running back drafted......

Too many RB on the team that will be used. It limits the upside and potential of getting a huge game. Huge games are what win weeks when your opponents kicker outscores your RB, WR and TE combined.

I would agree it could happen to a lot of Rbs in the draft.

But the Patriots have a history of destroying FF Rbs.

And I think it's a very cloudy situation this season.

I don't see myself having any of them on my teams, if I indeed do my job right.

But I think they will look good on your teams.

hes also never had more than 15 carries in a game, and has been a bruiser behind Mccoy, (everyone is a bruiser behind Mccoy).

I mean he might have 10-12 TD's but I doubt he even gets close to 800 yards

Same could be said for Burkhead, who has had 2 games rushing 10 or more times in his career.

- 12 rushes, 42 yards

- 27 rushes, 119 yards, 2 TD's

Last year Gillislee had 10 or more rushes four times.

- 12 rushes, 85 yards, 1 TD

- 14 rushes, 72 yards

- 11 rushes, 91 yards

- 15 rushes, 40 yards, 1 TD

I know it's the Pats & it'll drive you nuts. But I'm not one of those who simply avoids them because of the headache. They're gonna be winning big a lot in second halves this year which could mean solid rushing for both Burkhead & Gillislee.

So which one.

Even in ppr neither of them two might even post any points on any given game day.

In ppr Burkhead is at least worth a roster spot. What if Lewis gets hurt per usual along with White, who honestly wasn't even a normal part of the offense last year. Just a few touched here and there. Burkhead could be a top 15 running back at that point easy.

White was the focking super bowl hero.

14 catches and 3 touchdowns!!!

Plus a 2 pt conversion IIRC.

He's not just gonna be cast aside.

White was the focking super bowl hero.

14 catches and 3 touchdowns!!!

Plus a 2 pt conversion IIRC.

He's not just gonna be cast aside.

He has been on the team for how long? That would suggest the Patriots didn't realize what they had in him, or they did and underutilized gin. He is nothing special imo. The Patriots used what worked, and it happened to work well. We see playoff performances that are excellent, only to have that player be nothing important the following year. He will have a role, just not a huge one simply because of the SB

• Like 1

I think Gillislee is the superior RB and was pretty high on him earlier, but this whole thing is a mess. Fantasy Graveyard because you never know who and when.

He could have huge games and then get 14 yards on 2 carries the next.

I don't think they'll stick with one back and it's a total crapshoot trying to figure out who to start and when.

its going to be the Dion Lewis show

It very well could be.

I think people are looking at the Blount situation and somehow establishing that as the norm in NE. There is no norm in NE. I don't have a problem owning one of them, but I'm not going to waste draft capital to do so, which is why if you make me pick I'm going with Burkhead for the value. Not touching Gillislee that early.

I think people are looking at the Blount situation and somehow establishing that as the norm in NE. There is no norm in NE. I don't have a problem owning one of them, but I'm not going to waste draft capital to do so, which is why if you make me pick I'm going with Burkhead for the value. Not touching Gillislee that early.

I think its gonna be a 50/50 split with Gillislee and either Burkhead or Lewis. Gillislee goaline, 3rd down a mix another 50/50 split of White and Burkhead. All the while till someone gets hot or hurt.

Not taking any of them this year. 4 is too much. And odds are they all see play and all at least once get Gameplanned. That's impossible to deal with.

Gun to my head I'd take Lewis in the last round of the draft.

Not taking any of them this year. 4 is too much. And odds are they all see play and all at least once get Gameplanned. That's impossible to deal with.

Gun to my head I'd take Lewis in the last round of the draft.

that's a great strategy especially because NE plays Thurs night the first week.

you can essentially get a free look for any of Burkhead/White/Lewis with your last pick, and if nothing new materializes, just drop them and pick up another flier for the Sunday games.

I like Burkhead as best value... Don't have to invest really anything into him. He has a patriots skill set, an efficient runner, can catch, can block. I haven't seen Gillislee because of his hamstring, but his ADP is awfully high.

You aren't drafting any of these guys to be your starter. They are depth dart tosses. Maybe in a bind you have to gamble on one for a game or a stretch to get over an injury to your starter

that's a great strategy especially because NE plays Thurs night the first week.

you can essentially get a free look for any of Burkhead/White/Lewis with your last pick, and if nothing new materializes, just drop them and pick up another flier for the Sunday games.

If you play in Bush Leagues, where they allow you to do that. Any fair league will have a set WW period that ends before any game, and opens tuesday

If you play in Bush Leagues, where they allow you to do that. Any fair league will have a set WW period that ends before any game, and opens tuesday

actually every league I have ever played in allows me to drop guys who play Thursday and add someone on a Saturday

actually every league I have ever played in allows me to drop guys who play Thursday and add someone on a Saturday

NO league that is actually competent would allow that. How is that even fair? Player wouldn't clear waivers till all the games have finished that week,

first off, every league is equally "fair" as long as the opportunity is open to everybody. Every player in the league has the same ability to stream players like that, therefore it's still all 100% fair.

but I'm confused about exactly what you're thinking I'm saying.

In this instance, Burkhead (for example) is sitting on your bench (not in starting lineup) for the Thurs night game. Any bench player in most leagues is able to be dropped at any time, even if they have already played their game that week.

Players that did not participate in the Thurs night game are FAs until the start of their game, so they can be picked up at any time between waivers opening up Tues and start of games Sun.

How's that different than most leagues?

The more obvious objection is leagues that do transaction caps or FAAB as a check against this, but our waiver system is just Yahoo standard like most everybody else.

And on a side note, I've played in plenty of leagues as well that do transaction caps and FAAB, and I'm equally good in those. It's just about finding every advantage that you can.

NO league that is actually competent would allow that. How is that even fair? Player wouldn't clear waivers till all the games have finished that week,

that's standard Yahoo waiver policy...read my above.

first off, every league is equally "fair" as long as the opportunity is open to everybody. Every player in the league has the same ability to stream players like that, therefore it's still all 100% fair.

but I'm confused about exactly what you're thinking I'm saying.

In this instance, Burkhead (for example) is sitting on your bench (not in starting lineup) for the Thurs night game. Any bench player in most leagues is able to be dropped at any time, even if they have already played their game that week.

Players that did not participate in the Thurs night game are FAs until the start of their game, so they can be picked up at any time between waivers opening up Tues and start of games Sun.

How's that different than most leagues?

The more obvious objection is leagues that do transaction caps or FAAB as a check against this, but our waiver system is just Yahoo standard like most everybody else.

And on a side note, I've played in plenty of leagues as well that do transaction caps and FAAB, and I'm equally good in those. It's just about finding every advantage that you can.

I think you explained it just right

How is it not fair? Only players who play Thursday lock, and only those in your starting lineup. Hell if I am streaming def or kicker, I will hold an extra RB every Thursday, and have contingency plans in place, sometimes I will even roll with no kicker

How is it not fair? Only players who play Thursday lock, and only those in your starting lineup. Hell if I am streaming def or kicker, I will hold an extra RB every Thursday, and have contingency plans in place, sometimes I will even roll with no kicker

Hey to each their own right? I just dont think its fair to give all the teams in any given week the advantage to roster a player gaming on thursday of that week. I just think it puts people at an unfair advantage. The leagues I have been in lock players from being dropped until the last game has played that given week. I know you will say any team could have drafted said players or even signed the free-agents but that is not the actual point here. It just gives those teams an extra roster spot which again is bending the rules. WHat would the NFL do if a loophole like that was found? And yeah I know we are not the NFL but we mimic their league. So kinda obligated to nail it

Hey to each their own right? I just dont think its fair to give all the teams in any given week the advantage to roster a player gaming on thursday of that week. I just think it puts people at an unfair advantage. The leagues I have been in lock players from being dropped until the last game has played that given week.

I think "unfair advantage" may be the wrong wording, as it an't be considered an advantage because every owner has equal access to employ the strategy. If one owner chooses to take advantage while another owner doesn't, that's just personal choice. But the owner that chose not to employ it isn't being treated unfairly, they're just actively choosing not to push the boundaries.

I get what you're saying from a competition standpoint, and like I said it'd be similar to a league employing a transaction cap. But I've tended to notice that good players will be good players no matter what the rules, and players that try their hardest to push the boundaries will still try to push the boundaries within the context of the newer rules.

Every thing is fair once a league is set up, talk about things before the draft.

So you think its ok if i drop a guy I had in my roster on Monday night so I can sign a guy to play against you? Or should it only be allowed to drop a player from team that hasnt played?

I think "unfair advantage" may be the wrong wording, as it an't be considered an advantage because every owner has equal access to employ the strategy. If one owner chooses to take advantage while another owner doesn't, that's just personal choice. But the owner that chose not to employ it isn't being treated unfairly, they're just actively choosing not to push the boundaries.

I get what you're saying from a competition standpoint, and like I said it'd be similar to a league employing a transaction cap. But I've tended to notice that good players will be good players no matter what the rules, and players that try their hardest to push the boundaries will still try to push the boundaries within the context of the newer rules.

My wording isnt accurate you are right there. I just dont understand why Thursday night games players get an exemption to some rules for playing early