Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Mock Draft - Version 1.0

Ahh yes, here we go. Justin's first NFL Mock Draft is ready. He'll do at least a couple more versions before the draft begins in late April.

He's got 3 RBs going in the first round (if you count McCaffrey as an RB) and two QBs off the board with Deshaun Watson still available for Round 2.

Ohh, NFL Draft tracker is updated also with all the 2017 picks. Sort by year, team, round.

If the Bears do not trade for Garoppolo or sign Glennon, then I wouldn't hate this pick. They need a qb.

What I would love to see is they sign Glennon and then possibly trade back to a later pick in the 1st. They then grab two secondary guys in this loaded class. Safety and Corner are both abundant.

While I don't think Glennon is a top tier qb, I think he could be solid with a good offensive line. The Bears need an upgrade at tackle, so if they can address one of the tackles I would be fine with the signing. It will keep them from being hamstrung by their qbs contract, and it will allow them to pick up two potential studs in the secondary.

Maybe then they sign Gillmore? That's a dream scenario for me.

• Like 1

Dallas is not taking a WR in the 1st.. Not to suggest this team doesn't need one, I'd personally love to have one - but it's not happening in the 1st.... Dallas is in dire need of CBs - I look for us to go there Round 1, or possibly DE.

Side note: Is Marshon Lattimore the 2nd coming of Deion Sanders? If not, I'd deal the pick. There are CBs all over this draft - unless you're getting an all world franchise player at 2, deal out, pick up picks, grab 2 CBs later.

Dallas is not taking a WR in the 1st.. Not to suggest this team doesn't need one, I'd personally love to have one - but it's not happening in the 1st.... Dallas is in dire need of CBs - I look for us to go there Round 1, or possibly DE.

Side note: Is Marshon Lattimore the 2nd coming of Deion Sanders? If not, I'd deal the pick. There are CBs all over this draft - unless you're getting an all world franchise player at 2, deal out, pick up picks, grab 2 CBs later.

I also noticed this was a very good, deep draft for CB's. It's a good year for Seattle to be needing one.

Maybe then they sign Gillmore? That's a dream scenario for me.

Based on... name value?

Enjoy watching WRs catch 10 yard passes in front of his cushion all day long.

Plus he hates trying to tackle which is not a good mix.

It's why the Bills never bothered making him a top CB contract offer.

Based on... name value?

Enjoy watching WRs catch 10 yard passes in front of his cushion all day long.

Plus he hates trying to tackle which is not a good mix.

It's why the Bills never bothered making him a top CB contract offer.

I don't think he is an all world corner, but I still think he is probably better than most. I haven't paid a ton of attention and I do acknowledge he isn't a top 5 corner. Still if the Bears can draft a top corner prospect and a top safety prospect, it would be damn hard to pass on the Bears. It would make the Floyd pick make a lot more sense where he can worry about pass pressure most of the time.

The Bears have a lot of cap space. I'm ok with them spending on Gillmore.

Really like the o-line pick for Houston. Its not as sexy as a QB, but needs to be addressed.

Yeah, the Houston line wasnt very good this last year. an injection of talent wouldnt hurt here.

I'd like to see the 9ers pick Trubisky as I still think he'll end up the best QB in this class. Just not sure he's worth the #2 pick. After the guys they signed at QB in free agency I guess Shanny set on getting Cousing next year. He might be ok but I'd rather groom a younger QB. Whatever way they go at 2 they still got a lot of holes to fill so they could easily trade down several times before making a pick.

There is no way the Eagles take a WR in the first. They just addressed that position in FA...With all their glaring holes on D a WR makes zero sense in the first round.

I'm fine with the nines taking Lattimore #2, or a top DE prospect. Yes, many holes to fill all over the place. Signing Hoyer & Barkley pretty sure they won't go QB since this class doesn't seem to garner much prosperity. Good bet they could trade the first pick, move down to get decent prospects. They new a complete rebuild so getting some xtra picks would be good. I guess now pretty looks like Shanny is fine with the 2 QB's they signed and go after the man crush he has for Cousins next year. Kaepernick can still help a team so I hope they can get something for him. We all know sometimes a change of scenery does wonders for a player. Question is will Kaepernick get back to playing better.

There is no way the Eagles take a WR in the first. They just addressed that position in FA...With all their glaring holes on D a WR makes zero sense in the first round.

While it seems less likely they would take a receiver in the first round given their signings of Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith I wouldn't say the chances are zero. Jeffery's deal is for one year, and Smith's deal is for one year with options for years two and three. If they don't address the WR position in this year's draft, they're likely to be in the same WR-needy situation again next season.

While it seems less likely they would take a receiver in the first round given their signings of Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith I wouldn't say the chances are zero. Jeffery's deal is for one year, and Smith's deal is for one year with options for years two and three. If they don't address the WR position in this year's draft, they're likely to be in the same WR-needy situation again next season.

well, with the signings, they may be able to get away with drafting a WR in the second round who has first round upside. (there is usually one or two in every draft)

with the solid vets in place, that player can sit and learn in a non pressured atmosphere for a year until he is ready to step in.

Both of these guys are band aid solutions that will fill the hole in the lineup for a year. possibly two.

but Jeffery was often injured last year, so they would be unwise to count on his health for the full year.