Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

So what do we do with our dog?

So we have an English bulldog...little over two years old. Spent about $1200.

9 months ago...he swallowed 3 pacifiers. Surgery....$3000

3 months ago..tore his ACL....surgery....$2500.

We've done everything humanly possible with two toddlers to keep pacifiers away from him. He managed to find one yesterday and ate it.

I cant fathom we are going to do another surgery.

I mean at what point is putting him down valid or realistic? Just not sure what is the thing to do. sucks.

You don't have to put him down. Find a rescue nearby, somebody will take him.

Let me get this straight, it's a $1,200 pure breed dog and nowhere in your post is trying to sell or give him away an option?

What the fuc?

You don't have to put him down. Find a rescue nearby, somebody will take him.

:thumbsup:

That's what you get for buying a pure breed, instead of adopting one of the millions of dogs that need homes. Especially a useless dog, like an English Bull. Karma is a b!tch.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight, it's a $1,200 pure breed dog and nowhere in your post is trying to sell or give him away an option?

What the fuc?

We absolutely could...but who is going to want a dog they are going to have to get major surgery for right off the bat?

That's what you get for buying a pure breed, instead of adopting one of the millions of dogs that need homes. Especially a useless dog, like an English Bull. Karma is a b!tch.

Don't be a dumbass. You can't find English bulldog rescues around here. Dumbest use of karma ever....but it's you..so..

We absolutely could...but who is going to want a dog they are going to have to get major surgery for right off the bat?

Well you'll never know if you don't try. Some shelters might be able to find a vet who will do pro bono work given the age and breed of the dog.

Take him out to the country for a picnic. Throw a stick as far as you can. While he's fetching put the family in the car and take off.

j/k.

Well you'll never know if you don't try. Some shelters might be able to find a vet who will do pro bono work given the age and breed of the dog.

True...didn't think of that...thanks.

Not sure what we are going to do...

I hear they are good in chinese food

Take him out to the country for a picnic. Throw a stick as far as you can. While he's fetching put the family in the car and take off.

j/k.

Well at least you didn't suggest a bag and a river

Well at least you didn't suggest a bag and a river

why waste your money on a bag?

Meh. pretty awful decision to get that dog when going through a 2 toddler era in your home.

But yeah, at least try hard to find him a home or a rescue shelter since you basically ruined him.

Don't be a dumbass. You can't find English bulldog rescues around here. Dumbest use of karma ever....but it's you..so..

You could have always adopted a dog, that's not inbred so much, it's half retarded and completely useless? Maybe a lab or shepherd mix?

Meh. pretty awful decision to get that dog when going through a 2 toddler era in your home.

But yeah, at least try hard to find him a home or a rescue shelter since you basically ruined him.

Dog needs to take some personal responsibility. :)

You could have always adopted a dog, that's not inbred so much, it's half retarded and completely useless? Maybe a lab or shepherd mix?

Meh..always wanted one. He's great with all the girls...let's them just roll all around him. He doesn't run away...stays by us all the time. Just crappy luck.

Dog needs to take some personal responsibility. :)

Not if the dog is a Democrat.

dog swallowed rubber pacifier

In a bulldog this will probably pass, but is vomiting starts you will have to be cocerned about a blockage. Check his stools for the next couple of days to see if it passes and if he starts vomiting get him to your vet.

https://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/2ymtk-dog-swallowed-rubber-pacifier.html

I'd be shocked if it passed. The three he ate before....none of them passed.

Wow. Yeah, you're not a leftist. Not at all. You need to spend more time working on your compost pile.

Meh..always wanted one. He's great with all the girls...let's them just roll all around him. He doesn't run away...stays by us all the time. Just crappy luck.

Not trying to be an ass by any means. But fairly easy to realize that a wide mouthed slobbering dumb chewing dog won't be the best mix with small children rolling on the floor. For the fact that young children leave tons of little things on the floor. Sure pacifiers now. After that it would be all the smaller toys they are playing with on the floor. If he didn't swallow the pacifiers he was only going to chew on all their stuff.

My buddy had one who fell down his front steps in the snow and broke his leg. We would take him golfing in the early spring when no one was playing to get him exercise. He couldn't even keep up with us and sat around and ate his own crap. Pretty dumb dogs. Nice hearted dogs. Just dumb and destructive. Hard to train well I would imagine.

I wonder what your thoughts on Pit Bulls are?

Not trying to be an ass by any means. But fairly easy to realize that a wide mouthed slobbering dumb chewing dog won't be the best mix with small children rolling on the floor. For the fact that young children leave tons of little things on the floor. Sure pacifiers now. After that it would be all the smaller toys they are playing with on the floor. If he didn't swallow the pacifiers he was only going to chew on all their stuff.

My buddy had one who fell down his front steps in the snow and broke his leg. We would take him golfing in the early spring when no one was playing to get him exercise. He couldn't even keep up with us and sat around and ate his own crap. Pretty dumb dogs. Nice hearted dogs. Just dumb and destructive. Hard to train well I would imagine.

:thumbsup:

Buy it that assisted suicide machine, that comes with the detachable coffin.

"Rescue". Lol. It's a fockin dog that you drive to the pound to pick up in your Subaru/Prius. Fill out some forms, write a check and drive home. Liberals desperate to appear masculine equating that with "rescuing" someone.

"Rescue". Lol. It's a fockin dog that you drive to the pound to pick up in your Subaru/Prius. Fill out some forms, write a check and drive home. Liberals desperate to appear masculine equating that with "rescuing" someone.

This is a thread about a simple situation with a dog.

Why do you always have to turn it into this? I don't get it. Just come in and go right to town like you can't help yourself.

I gotcha...he's actually been great aside from this. Trained and well behaved. We keep him usually in a different area than the kids toys...don't know if a cat whacked it off the table or what.

This is a thread about a simple situation with a dog.

Why do you always have to turn it into this? I don't get it. Just come in and go right to town like you can't help yourself.

Doesn't sound too simple to me. And it speaks to the bigger problem with dogs today. Stop acting like they are children and you're noble for having one. I've had 3. I know of what I speak.

Doesn't sound too simple to me. And it speaks to the bigger problem with dogs today. Stop acting like they are children and you're noble for having one. I've had 3. I know of what I speak.

Three children or three dogs?

Three children or three dogs?

Dogs. Loved them all dearly. But it's out of control now, and the shelters are more full than ever. I saw in the "news" the other day a car seat for dogs. Get the fock out of here.

A little late now but the kids dont need pacifiers. Neither of my sons ever used them.

This

kid never once used a pacifier. I am happy about that much less of a chance of needing 40,000 worth of braces

Dogs. Loved them all dearly. But it's out of control now, and the shelters are more full than ever. I saw in the "news" the other day a car seat for dogs. Get the fock out of here.

okay. it is just odd that you come tornadoing in here to tell us about how much you hate the pampering of dogs.

yeah car seats for dogs are weird.

any more random points?

Pounds put the animals down after 30/90 days or so. Rescues do not. In fact many rescues will go to the pound and adopt animals that are about to be put down. :dunno:

Also, it doesn't have to be a breed specific rescue. Just find a no kill shelter.

Pounds put the animals down after 30/90 days or so. Rescues do not. In fact many rescues will go to the pound and adopt animals that are about to be put down. :dunno:

Yeah, it's working out great. Encourages a-holes who should never have a dog in the first place to get one, and then bring it to a "rescue" when it gets to be a chore, knowing they won't kill it. No guilt. And when I say a-hole, Lena Dunham comes to mind. That's exactly what she did.