Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

So what do we do with our dog?

deep fried?

Yeah, it's working out great. Encourages a-holes who should never have a dog in the first place to get one, and then bring it to a "rescue" when it gets to be a chore, knowing they won't kill it. No guilt. And when I say a-hole, Lena Dunham comes to mind. That's exactly what she did.

Oh I know, believe me. I had a friend who wanted to get his 4 year old daughter a dog. I told him to wait a couple of years but he knew better. So he went out and spent $500 on a pure bread Queensland Heeler puppy. He lasted less than a week before begging me to take the dog off his hands. Worked out for me, she was a great dog.

Some people shouldn't have dogs, or kids.

Have you reached out to your local Humane Society?

They will have clinics they can refer you to that are no where near as expensive as a private Vet.

I had a cat that swallowed string and a private vet wanted 2600 for the surgery, the clinic they referred me to cost 525

Oh I know, believe me. I had a friend who wanted to get his 4 year old daughter a dog. I told him to wait a couple of years but he knew better. So he went out and spent $500 on a pure bread Queensland Heeler puppy. He lasted less than a week before begging me to take the dog off his hands. Worked out for me, she was a great dog.

Most people shouldn't have dogs, or kids.

Now that makes sense.

Fireman rescues family from burning building

Someone rescues dog from shelter

Yeah, it's the same.

Fireman rescues family from burning building

Someone rescues dog from shelter

Yeah, it's the same.

Who said they were the same?

Who said they were the same?

The word rescue should give it away. Why not say "I got a dog from the shelter?" Doesn't really ring out or virtue signal, does it?

The word rescue should give it away. Why not say "I got a dog from the shelter?

There are all kinds of applications for the word rescue....... depending on the situation, different ones can apply.

There are all kinds of applications for the word rescue....... depending on the situation, different ones can apply.

Not this situation.

This is a thread about a simple situation with a dog.

Why do you always have to turn it into this? I don't get it. Just come in and go right to town like you can't help yourself.

Agree

Not this situation.

to you.......... What you meant to say is, "Not in this situation, to me."

Which is cool, you're prerogative.

to you.......... What you meant to say is, "Not in this situation, to me."

Which is cool, you're prerogative.

No, it's hi-jacking a word so people can feel good about themselves and work in a little "look at me". We have more homeless people than homeless dogs it seems. Stupid fockin country.

Agree

Shock. First time you haven't worked Trump into it.

No, it's hi-jacking a word so people can feel good about themselves and work in a little "look at me". We have more homeless people than homeless dogs it seems. Stupid fockin country.

Now you're back to being a Liberal - why do you care about homeless people, personal responsibility, right?

There's a huge difference between shelters and rescues - and indeed, these dogs are rescued..... Great organizations.

Now you're back to being a Liberal - why do you care about homeless people, personal responsibility, right?

There's a huge difference between shelters and rescues - and indeed, these dogs are rescued..... Great organizations.

In care plenty about homeless people. Have helped many in my travels. And my personal experience with homeless shelters and dog shelters/pounds whatever doesn't lead me to equate the two. Seen the inside of both, many times.

In care plenty about homeless people. Have helped many in my travels. And my personal experience with homeless shelters and dog shelters/pounds whatever doesn't lead me to equate the two. Seen the inside of both, many times.

They are horrible for sure... Luckily there are those who care about both.

It's going to be really tragic when hardcore bastard's son dies of asthma because he keeps asking for his rescue inhaler.

It's going to be really tragic when hardcore bastard's son dies of asthma because he keeps asking for his rescue inhaler.

My bastard son/sons are happy and healthy. I had the finest hut in their village in the Philippines built for them. I even got them a rug.

Just wanted to thank you guys for not hijacking the thread with your individual bullshiit.

Jackals...:)

You should have adopted an Olsen twin. They look like scared Greyhounds and are experts at vomiting.

:D

They are horrible for sure... Luckily there are those who care about both.

So the difference between a shelter and a pound is that the shelter won't euthanize them?

So the difference between a shelter and a pound is that the shelter won't euthanize them?

Shelters are holding tanks - animals are delivered to them.

Rescues:

* have teams of people who will actively go out to locate, find and (at times) apprehend animals that need to be taken away

* provide medical treatment, including surgeries

* relocate animals in foster homes until a (what they call) Forever home can be found

* do yearly (and random) check ups on animals that have been fully adopted

* and - Rescues do not kill their tenants for lack of space or funds.

Shelters are holding tanks - animals are delivered to them.

Rescues:

* have teams of people who will actively go out to locate, find and (at times) apprehend animals that need to be taken away

* provide medical treatment, including surgeries

* relocate animals in foster homes until a (what they call) Forever home can be found

* do yearly (and random) check ups on animals that have been fully adopted

* and - Rescues do not kill their tenants for lack of space or funds.

Ok, then why are the pounds still full of dogs? Shouldn't they be the ones getting "rescued" before anyone gets a shelter dog? The pound dogs are on the verge of death. The shelter dogs aren't. Doesn't make much sense.

And where are all these dogs coming from? Didn't anyone listen to Bob Barker?

Just for future reference: I had a dog that ate a bag of rat poison. He got in the shed and decided it was his lunch. When I got home, I noticed part of the eaten bag sitting in the grass. I instantly knew what he had done. So I called poison control. The red neck on the phone told me this kind of thing happens all the time and all I need to do is pour hydrogen peroxide down his throat and he would immediately throw it up. He threw up a green poisonous nerf football. I'm pretty sure this works with just about anything some dogs swallow.

Just for future reference: I had a dog that ate a bag of rat poison. He got in the shed and decided it was his lunch. When I got home, I noticed part of the eaten bag sitting in the grass. I instantly knew what he had done. So I called poison control. The red neck on the phone told me this kind of thing happens all the time and all I need to do is pour hydrogen peroxide down his throat and he would immediately throw it up. He threw up a green poisonous nerf football. I'm pretty sure this works with just about anything some dogs swallow.

Shoving your cack down their throat works the same way. So I've been told. :unsure:

:thumbsup:

Buy it that assisted suicide machine, that comes with the detachable coffin.

Send me your address Ill have it overnighted 😬

We just lost a daschund rescue that my wife loved...broke her heart.

She has been searching for a new one. Found one in Tennessee that is a rescue, a pure bred and a volunteer will bring it to Michigan. All for $300

Fock breeders, if you look hard enough you can find almost any kind of dog you want.

Too many sad stories out there. Go to your

Local petsmart. Read why people give up on their animals...it will make you hate people

I used to have a dog that would dig into the little trash can I had in my living room. I'd come home and it would be all over the place. One day I put a mouse trap in there. I got home and it was snapped but their was no trash anywhere. From that moment on I would hold up the trash and she would run.

Put a binky on a mouse trap and see if it works.

Ok, then why are the pounds still full of dogs? Shouldn't they be the ones getting "rescued" before anyone gets a shelter dog? The pound dogs are on the verge of death. The shelter dogs aren't. Doesn't make much sense.

That's a horrible shame too - agreed.

I would venture to guess people overlook shelters bcoz:

* they are looking for a specific breed of dog - not just a runaway mix

* they think shelters are just or holding pets until their owners come to get them

* they don't know the medical history and background of the sheltered animal

My next dog is going to be from a shelter for sure.

Just wanted to thank you guys for not hijacking the thread with your individual bullshiit.

Jackals...:)

You want to kill the thing rather than find a new home for it?! Christ man...you can afford it if he needs another procedure Im sure. You gonna go to the poorhouse from the costs? Then post an ad on Craigslist or the internet, Facebook etc telling the story and people will be banging your door down for the guy. POS

All I'm sayin' is...

Who rescued who?

Think about it. :mellow: