Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Rookie Draft Rankings - Top 50

I like the Valdes-Scantling kid of the three. GB has a history of uncovering later round WR gems.

Maybe. Not sure your reasonings other thsn throwing darts. Any of the 3 could be good eventually. But Moore was thr first one picked. Has most pro ready game. Had production at Mizzu. And all the rave thus far has been about Moore.

Valdes Scantling seems more of a deep ball prospect. More of a weapon. Not a guy who is going to catch a bunch of balls.

If you guys have more info other than random guesses on this I would like to hear it. I have heard close to nothing on the latter 2 rookies.

For my money I think Rudolph is the one out of this group most likely to outperform his ranking.

You just let Cb have Freeman at 10. Wow.

The league understands where their bread is buttered. Always has and always will.

where do you rank freeman among the rookie backs?

You just let Cb have Freeman at 10. Wow.

I had planned on taking Freeman or Chubb at 7 (whichever was available), but then Sony fell to me. I like Freeman's situation better, but Sony is a better back. Was a tough call.

i guess the question is: do you think sony is good enough to actually command consistent work in belicheck's system?

i'm interested in that i have the 5 pick in an upcoming rookie draft and, well, sony is sitting right at 5 in FFT's rankings... i suspect i'll have a choice between him and some of the others you mentioned

I had planned on taking Freeman or Chubb at 7 (whichever was available), but then Sony fell to me. I like Freeman's situation better, but Sony is a better back. Was a tough call.

i guess the question is: do you think sony is good enough to actually command consistent work in belicheck's system?

i'm interested in that i have the 5 pick in an upcoming rookie draft and, well, sony is sitting right at 5 in FFT's rankings... i suspect i'll have a choice between him and some of the others you mentioned

It's really hard to say. Obviously Belicheck can be a nightmare with how he uses backs. At a minimum, I think Sony will take on the Dion Lewis role. He also has the size to be the primary RZ back, but even then... Brady loves those fades on GTG. At the end of the day, I felt like they spent a 1st on him, and I'd rather have a 1st round talent on my team than a round 3 talent.

yeah, i hear you. in dynasty i feel like i really need to draft the player and not the situation. but it would be really nice to draft someone i felt had a good shot at consistent production THIS year... maybe someone like Jones will fall...

It's really hard to say. Obviously Belicheck can be a nightmare with how he uses backs. At a minimum, I think Sony will take on the Dion Lewis role. He also has the size to be the primary RZ back, but even then... Brady loves those fades on GTG. At the end of the day, I felt like they spent a 1st on him, and I'd rather have a 1st round talent on my team than a round 3 talent.

yeah, i hear you. in dynasty i feel like i really need to draft the player and not the situation. but it would be really nice to draft someone i felt had a good shot at consistent production THIS year... maybe someone like Jones will fall...

I got him also. And everyone else.

nice work. yeah, in mine i will only be able to get one of (list top 8 rookie runningbacks not named barkley)

I got him also. And everyone else.

2 seems high, especially in PPR Id probably take Penny 2nd. I like Freeman but he has a lot of tread on the tires, and takes a lot of big hits. I personally like a back thats a bit more elusive. My top 10 rankings were as follows.

Saquon Barkley

Rashaad Penny

Derrius Guice

Sony Michel

Royce Freeman

Ronald Jones

Nick Chubb

DJ Moore

Calvin Ridley

Kerryon Johnson

The guys picking Moore and Ridley over Sutton and Miller are making mistakes. Especially Moore. sCam Newton sucks and its 50/50 if he throws Moore a catchable ball.

The guys picking Moore and Ridley over Sutton and Miller are making mistakes. Especially Moore. sCam Newton sucks and its 50/50 if he throws Moore a catchable ball.

Yeah just seems like there is a low ceiling with Moore. Cam isnt going to make anyone a 90 plus catch guy. WRs put in some bad situations this draft.

I do think Ridley is safe to be at least a good player. But his ceiling is low until Julio gets old or his foot finally crumbles. Which could happen at any time.

Maybe, I took Ridley over Sutton because I took Sutton in 1 dynasty league already. No other reason.

I chose Chubb over Freeman because i took over a crappy orphaned team. I think Chubb is more talented and do not care that he is stuck in a big committee this year. I am rebuilding, not trying to win this year.

Kelvin Benjamin approves of this message. :D