Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**2014 Baseball** thread

My Texas Rangers are in all kinds of hell, and the first pitch of the season hasn't even been thrown.

* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd starters in rotation - out. (darvish, holland, harrison)

* J. Profar out 10-12 weeks with a torn shoulder muscle

* G. Soto out 10-12 weeks with torn menisucus

* E. Beltre fractured bone in tibia

* E. Andrus gimpy with sore elbow

* A. Beltre tight left quad muscle

Shaping up to be a rough April for my boys.

Same with mi Tigres.

Iglesias out for the year, and who knows with his bizarre injury.

Dirks out a few months

Rondon gets Tommy John surgery, done till 2015.

Extension talks with Max fall through, which was really the whole point of trading away Fister.

What a sh1tty spring :thumbsdown: With the big exceptions of JV being completely lights out and Castellanos looking very, very promising.

Rockies have just about everyone healthy except their number 1 starter in Chacin. Even with all that they are almost eliminated from playoff contention already.

Same with mi Tigres.

Iglesias out for the year, and who knows with his bizarre injury.

Dirks out a few months

Rondon gets Tommy John surgery, done till 2015.

Extension talks with Max fall through, which was really the whole point of trading away Fister.

What a sh1tty spring :thumbsdown: With the big exceptions of JV being completely lights out and Castellanos looking very, very promising.

You forgot Porcello looking like a**, Sanchez already getting cortisone shots in his shoulder, and our GM forcing trades for overage players who likely would have been cut by their team anyway (coughAlexGonzalezcough).

You forgot Porcello looking like a**, Sanchez already getting cortisone shots in his shoulder, and our GM forcing trades for overage players who likely would have been cut by their team anyway (coughAlexGonzalezcough).

I am very glad they didn't go for Drew or trade some bigger pieces for Franklin though. They really just need to platoon the SS position with plus-gloves, which they look like they can do.

Not worried about Anibal....yet. Those shoulder problems can linger throughout the whole season though. You really can't dog Dom, he has built this team to what they are(it helps having the super deep pockets of daddy Illitch) and the Tigers have probably the best retention rate of top players.

I am very glad they didn't go for Drew or trade some bigger pieces for Franklin though. They really just need to platoon the SS position with plus-gloves, which they look like they can do.

Not worried about Anibal....yet. Those shoulder problems can linger throughout the whole season though. You really can't dog Dom, he has built this team to what they are(it helps having the super deep pockets of daddy Illitch) and the Tigers have probably the best retention rate of top players.

Knowing that Sanchez will inevitably miss time this season, it didn't make much sense trading your only experienced spot starter (Alvarez) for a third-rate platoon SS when Danny Worth would have been just as mediocre as Romine.

I was surprised he came out and admitted he may have been short sighted on the garza trade last year, cubs made out like bandits.

2016 is our year

Texas opening day starter is a kid who (last year) served as our primary set up man to Nathan - Tanner Scheppers. Item of note: Scheppers has never started a game in his life. Oh f***......... :(

Brewers fan...so, yeah, our best player is hopefully roided up again and masking it better now.

Braves rotation isn't going to scare many this year...

1. Julio Teheran

2. Mike Minor

3. Ervin Santana

4. Alex Wood

5. Aaron Harang

Eesh...

1. Julio Teheran

2. Mike Minor

3. Ervin Santana

4. Alex Wood

5. Aaron Harang

Eesh...

I figured you would be a huge fan of Minor Wood Haranging around.

* A. Beltre tight left quad muscle

:o

You don't say?

1. Julio Teheran

2. Mike Minor

3. Ervin Santana

4. Alex Wood

5. Aaron Harang

Eesh...

I named my fantasy team Lemon Harang Pie and someone asked me why, <_<

Nats rotation is absolutely ridonkulous. Should be 4, 15 game winners.

Stras

Gio

Zim

Fister

Jordan? (3.66 in 9 starts last year), Roark? (3-1, 1.52 in 5 starts), Chris Young (former starter), Ross Detwiler (former starter)

Sick.

Nats rotation is absolutely ridonkulous. Should be 4, 15 game winners.

Stras

Gio

Zim

Fister

Jordan? (3.66 in 9 starts last year), Roark? (3-1, 1.52 in 5 starts), Chris Young (former starter), Ross Detwiler (former starter)

Sick.

Chris Young was cut...

Roark is going to be the number 5 for the nats. he went 7 and 1 with an era around 1.5 and has pitched 500 innings at aa or higher. Jordan has 145 ip at aa or higher and is coming off TJ surgery. add to the fact that there is no room for either in the bullpen now that they have announced their bullpen members and you have a case where you either send a guy that needs minor league seasoning to the minors or a guy that has put in time and already showed he can help the big club to the minors. Though will he (doug) fister has a lat strain and may not be ready for opening day so both could make it.

Roark is going to be the number 5 for the nats. he went 7 and 1 with an era around 1.5 and has pitched 500 innings at aa or higher. Jordan has 145 ip at aa or higher and is coming off TJ surgery. add to the fact that there is no room for either in the bullpen now that they have announced their bullpen members and you have a case where you either send a guy that needs minor league seasoning to the minors or a guy that has put in time and already showed he can help the big club to the minors. Though will he (doug) fister has a lat strain and may not be ready for opening day so both could make it.

Fister will probably be out a couple of weeks, so Roark and Jordan should be in the starting rotation...

I still think that they should get rid of Rafael Soriano and move Strasburg to closer, he would definitely be in more games and might way in the outcome than just every five days... Of course he might take a while to warmup, which could nix this...

As a tigers fan I am not worried at all. we have the biggest projected lead in mlb with 10 games over the tribe. Dombrowski is a mad genius. He got max for peanuts and will be able to do something like that again. He has an eye for talent.

I am very happy dombrowski did not fall into the trap Boras set for him. Drew is not close to being worth 14 mil a year let alone the draft pick that we would have had to give up. Boras claims he has a 3 year 38 million dollar deal n the table for drew. what a joke. That sounds like a deal the raiders would make....is he playing football now?

I worry about the left side of the infield. a rookie that is switching back to 3rd a black hole at ss and an older 2nd baseman past his prime playing outside his bandbox for the first time could make for a weak infield.

I still think were going to trade for nate sherholtz to form a platoon with Raj Davis.

Red sox will win it again, thanks to theo setting them up to be true contenders for years to come.

As a Brewer fan, we're looking forward to the opening of Packer Training Camp. :(

you should be looking forward to khris davis hitting 38 homers and 35 doubles.

As a tigers fan I am not worried at all. we have the biggest projected lead in mlb with 10 games over the tribe. Dombrowski is a mad genius. He got max for peanuts and will be able to do something like that again. He has an eye for talent.

I am very happy dombrowski did not fall into the trap Boras set for him. Drew is not close to being worth 14 mil a year let alone the draft pick that we would have had to give up. Boras claims he has a 3 year 38 million dollar deal n the table for drew. what a joke. That sounds like a deal the raiders would make....is he playing football now?

I worry about the left side of the infield. a rookie that is switching back to 3rd a black hole at ss and an older 2nd baseman past his prime playing outside his bandbox for the first time could make for a weak infield.

I still think were going to trade for nate sherholtz to form a platoon with Raj Davis.

My concern is the toilet paper bullpen (for starters). You lost Smyly to the rotation, Benoit walked, Rondon blew out his elbow, and Alvarez was traded for a scrub platoon SS...you are seriously rolling with Al Al as your setup man? We will be lucky if he doesn't go Carlos Marmol on us by the third week of the season.

the bp leaves a lot to be desired but there are always setup men we could get. Raid the astros for jesse crain.

My concern is the toilet paper bullpen (for starters). You lost Smyly to the rotation, Benoit walked, Rondon blew out his elbow, and Alvarez was traded for a scrub platoon SS...you are seriously rolling with Al Al as your setup man? We will be lucky if he doesn't go Carlos Marmol on us by the third week of the season.

Middle relief is such a huge, glaring weakness on paper that I think it will end up being serviceable. Porcello and the bottom of the lineup are becoming worrisome.

Sano - out for most of the year after Tommy John

Buxton - out for the first month with a sprained wrist and will start in AA.

Mauer can't play defense at first.

We're headed for a 4th straight 90+ loss season.

But, hey, at least we have the All Star game! :rolleyes:

Phillies up 6-0 on us in the 2nd. The post-Nolan Ryan era is off with a bang! :banana: :cry:

Phillies up 6-0 on us in the 2nd. The post-Nolan Ryan era is off with a bang! :banana: :cry:

make that 6 to 7

you suck as a fan

Back-to-Back walk off wins against the Phillies - wow. Papelbon walked in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th last night. :banana:

2 closers I drafted

Paplebon and Perkins

both blew multiple run saves yesterday :lol:

really bummed that the tigers game got rained out today. I am a huge tigers fan but I was really looking forward to seeing my super sleeper Yordano Ventura pitch for KC. That kid is flat out nassssstttyyy.

Red Sox take 2 of 3 on the road in Baltimore. Nice start to the season for them and they get their rings tomorrow.

really bummed that the tigers game got rained out today. I am a huge tigers fan but I was really looking forward to seeing my super sleeper Yordano Ventura pitch for KC. That kid is flat out nassssstttyyy.

I watched a spring game he pitched, guy was hitting 102 a few times one inning, he looked really good

The Nats mashed against the Mets bullpen. They also got 3 quality starts. Not much more one can ask for in the first 3 games.

They also lost Ramos, again. 3 years in a row. Guy simply cannot stay healthy.

The Nats mashed against the Mets bullpen. They also got 3 quality starts. Not much more one can ask for in the first 3 games.

Well it is the Mets...

Melky Cabrera goes deep against the Yankees in Tanaka's first batter in his first start. Brian Cashman proceeded to crap his pants and crawl in a hole. Actually I thought Tanaka recovered and pitched relatively well against a good hitting team. After finishing 24-0 last year in Japan it would've been funny if he lost.

While I do not think he will be a bust I am not convinced he will be worth the money. Darvish is a better pitcher and is being payed wayyyy wayyy less.

4th game - not so much.

Red Sox take 2 of 3 on the road in Baltimore. Nice start to the season

Swept by the Brewhahas? :D

I'm going to the game tonight to watch my man Scheppers get smacked around and then get rained on about 8:30