Sign in to follow this  
Googballz

IRS "loses" 2 years of Lois Lerner emails. How convenient.

Great stuff here, an article from an un-cited source using quotes only from GOP members with no factual data in it. Geez, I wonder if I should base my opinion on what is in this article or wait until a source proves how many missing emails there are and what was in them.

Hmmm...............

Judicial Watch: Lerner emails aren't missing

By Bernie Becker - 08/25/14 08:32 PM EDT

A conservative group suing the IRS said Monday that the Obama administration has acknowledged that former agency official Lois Lerner’s emails are recoverable.

Judicial Watch, which says it was among the groups that the IRS improperly scrutinized, said Justice Department attorneys told the group late last week that the government backed up all emails in case of catastrophe.

The government lawyers added that the problem was not that the emails couldn’t be found, but that the back-up system was too onerous to search, Tom Fitton, Judicial Watch’s president, said Monday.

“This is a jaw-dropping revelation. The Obama administration had been lying to the American people about Lois Lerner’s missing emails,” Fitton said in a statement, adding that the group would bring the government’s statements up with Judge Emmet Sullivan, who is presiding over the group’s lawsuit.

But an administration official with knowledge of Friday’s conversation said Judicial Watch’s statement, which runs counter to months of statements from a variety of administration and IRS higher-ups, was off-base.

The administration official said Justice Department lawyers had dropped no bombshells last week, and Judicial Watch was mischaracterizing what the government had said.

The official said DOJ lawyers were only referring to tapes backing up IRS emails that were routinely recycled twice a year before 2013, when the investigation into the Tea Party controversy began.

The IRS has acknowledged those procedures were in place since it told lawmakers in June that Lerner’s computer crashed in 2011, leaving the agency unable to recover many of her emails over a two-year span.

John Koskinen, the IRS commissioner, has testified before Congress several times over the last two months that the tapes backing up Lerner’s emails were recycled.

“There is no newly divulged back-up system that was not previously known about,” the official said. “Government lawyers were simply referring to the back-up system at the IRS that Commissioner Koskinen had already disclosed.”

Lerner has been a central figure in the IRS investigation since May 2013, when she became the first agency official to acknowledge and apologize for the improper scrutiny of Tea Party groups.

She has since retired from the IRS, been found in contempt of Congress by the House and been referred to the Justice Department for potential criminal charges.

Judicial Watch’s Monday statement noted that Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, which outlined the IRS’s improper scrutiny of Tea Party groups, is investigating the back-up system for emails.

The administration official said that the inspector general is examining whether any data can be recovered from the previously recycled back-up tapes and suggested that could be the cause of the confusion between the government and Judicial Watch.

GOP lawmakers and conservative groups have for months said they don’t believe Lerner’s emails can’t be found, and the recovery of those documents would be a major victory for groups like Judicial Watch.

“All the focus on missing hard drives has been a diversion. The Obama administration has known all along where the email records could be — but dishonestly withheld this information,” Fitton said. “You can bet we are going to ask the court for immediate assistance in cutting through this massive obstruction of justice.”

Sullivan has asked the IRS to detail its efforts in recovering Lerner’s lost emails, including whether it tried to obtain data from her BlackBerry. IRS officials have said in filings they do not believe Lerner’s BlackBerry was checked for data, because any emails should have also been stored in her Microsoft Outlook files.

Koskinen and other senior IRS officials have also repeatedly said Lerner's hard drive was wiped clean and recycled after technicians were unable to recover any data, to protect confidential taxpayer information.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/215940-conservative-group-lerner-emails-arent-missing

paulinstl June 16: "un-cited" source from a political party = BS.

paulinstl Aug 27" "un-cited" source from a political party = troof, end of story. :clap: :overhead: :doh:

paulinstl June 16: "un-cited" source from a political party = BS.

paulinstl Aug 27" "un-cited" source from a political party = troof, end of story. :clap: :overhead: :doh:

So the missing emails will be coming out Tuesday? Wednesday...really, this has to be the week we get the elusive evidence right....or any EVIDENCE AT ALL!!!!

They should check the BlackBerry. :ninja:

Lois Lerner apparently smarter than the entire GOP leadership...of course that isn't saying much.

Lois Lerner apparently smarter than the entire GOP leadership...of course that isn't saying much.

Yeah, gotta be really smart to lawyer up and take the 5th when there isn't a "smidgen" of corruption. :thumbsup:

Yeah, gotta be really smart to lawyer up and take the 5th when there isn't a "smidgen" of corruption. :thumbsup:

And by doing that she has completely stopped the GOP from proving the grand conspiracy, cause apparently the plan was to get her to 'admit' to everything.

Of course you are going to let it all play out, see the evidence before making a decision about anyone's "guilt"...cause that's how you roll. :thumbsup:

Nope. I think it was a couple of rougue agents in Cincy like they told us from the start.

No other explanation for Lerner taking the 5th. :clap:

Well, since that';s all the FBI and GOP uncovered it's good that's all you believe, since there is no evidence of anything else. And we know how much you hate when people jump to conclusions....

I guess you won't post in this thread anymore until there is some actual evidence to support a different conclusion.

Video of Mike Honcho vs RP and the forearm Repubtards:

RMFF! :clap: :banana: :lol:

From the guy who has to invent multiple aliases cause he can't stay away for a couple of months. Classic.

• Like 1

From the guy who has to invent multiple aliases cause he can't stay away for a couple of months. Classic.

I plead the 5th.

HA! I just outsmarted you, Honcho. :banana:

is it shocking that the same folks who are against voter id laws happen to support criminal action by the irs

another coincidink, is they all happen to be liberals

shocking?

is it shocking that the same folks who are against voter id laws happen to support criminal action by the irs

shocking?

If you get any dumber, you're going to be declared brain dead. :thumbsup:

shocking?

RP told me I was talking out of my as$ when I mentioned other presidents accused (but not proved guilty) of abusing the irs to target political groups? I guess this case is solid concrete factual or that would make all those accusing talking out their as$.....no??

RP told me I was talking out of my as$ when I mentioned other presidents accused (but not proved guilty) of abusing the irs to target political groups? I guess this case is solid concrete factual or that would make all those accusing talking out their as$.....no??

simple yes or no, two of them.

do you have faith in the holder justice dept to actually get to the bottom of it ?

do you think there is nothing to see/investigate in this case ?

No

I think something is there....yes.

But thats not the point. I said others have been accused, just like this administration, with zero convictions or consequences. I was told I was talking out my ass because I "believed" the law was broken. So are you guys talking out your ass because you "believe" the law was broken?

shocking?

Link to anyone supporting criminal action?

Im sure it has already been asked of you...and probably already ignored by you too.

Link to anyone supporting criminal action?

Im sure it has already been asked of you...and probably already ignored by you too.

Honcho is cheering on Lois Lerner for "outsmarting" investigations by taking the 5th.

You have any idea why someone would take the 5th?

Honcho is cheering on Lois Lerner for "outsmarting" investigations by taking the 5th.

You have any idea why someone would take the 5th?

Guess when all else fails, just lie.

:wave:

I'm sure your lies will follow shortly.

Horrible spin. :clap:

It requires no spin at all to point out you're stupid & a liar. That's just fact.

Really wasn't even a good try to change what I said into something else.

I thought RP was taking the 5th in this thread. Isn't he supposed to shut up now?

It requires no spin at all to point out you're stupid & a liar. That's just fact.

Really wasn't even a good try to change what I said into something else.

I didn't change a thing you said.

I thought RP was taking the 5th in this thread. Isn't he supposed to shut up now?

When has he ever?

this seems to be the administrations strategy with every issue.

takes a real special kind of chitbag to defend and support it

I see Sybil Phaggit has decided to spend all day flogging this dead horse again.

I see Sybil Phaggit has decided to spend all day flogging this dead horse again.

It passes the time between group therapy sessions.

Is that the best you could come up with, Fayle M? :overhead:

I wanted to take it easy on you considering the epic beatdown you're taking here.

:( <------ This is how I feel for you. Sad. You come back after a long forced break and everyone commences kicking your ass as soon as you get here. It's just not right.

Wow!

Didn't think your response would be worse than the last lame ass one. I was wrong.

Rating people's responses is a sure sign of failing in a thread

Not that we didn't know this whole abortion of a thread was a complete and utter fail anyways, but at least you can cling to the "your response is lame" angle if it makes you feel better about yourself.

So, you took my response and rated it a Fayle? :doh:

I guess you could point out exactly where you think I got my ass kicked.

Let me guess, it was when Honcho declared Lerner outsmarted everyone by pleading the 5th. :overhead:

So, you took my response and rated it a Fayle? :doh:

I guess you could point out exactly where you think I got my ass kicked.

Let me guess, it was when Honcho declared Lerner outsmarted everyone by pleading the 5th. :overhead:

This is the point where I say

RMMF

:clap: