Sign in to follow this  
DankNuggs

The Perfect Burger

Absolutely DO NO believe in bacon on a burger.

Really think that shiit is overdone. Would you wrap a porterhouse in bacon?

Sounds great in the Rachel Ray Society, but actually focks shiit up.

what? bacon on a burger has been around since far before "rachel ray society". its a pretty classic topping. 2-3 slices of bacon on top of a burger does not equal wrapping a porterhouse in bacon. :wacko: you're also comparing one dish that was made to be dressed up (burger) with one that was not.

ever had bacon wrapped meat loaf? ;)

• Like 1

I know right -- it's just a rinky dink little shack but damn theres a reason theres a huge line there. I live like 1 mile away so I eat from there a few times a month when it's open - closed in the winter... The Swiss Char burger with Grilled onions cannot be beat

Sounds like this place.

Soggy, not crispy bacon like you get at a fast food place is bad.

Crispy, perfectly cooked bacon ... makes everything better.

Really think that shiit is overdone. Would you wrap a porterhouse in bacon?

Go have a bacon wrapped filet, but first have some bacon wrapped scallops. They are delightful

• Like 1

Go have a bacon wrapped filet, but first have some bacon wrapped scallops. They are delightful

The only reason to wrap a filet in bacon is to hide the crappy beef. If its a good filet, it doesn't need the bacon

The only reason to wrap a filet in bacon is to hide the crappy beef. If its a good filet, it doesn't need the bacon

Sure it doesn't NEED it. But that said, wrapping the edges with bacon doesn't mean its crappy beef.

have to agree that bacon on burgers, bacon wrapped filet (or scallops) do not exemplify the trend to overuse bacon. these complimetary combos have been around sustantially longer than "bacon on everything" we see nowadays.

Is never put bacon in a great cut of steak but bacon belongs on a burger and in my stomach.

Is never put bacon in a great cut of steak but bacon belongs on a burger and in my stomach.

give it a try, you won't regret it. Get some nice filets, thick cut applewood bacon and wrap that bish

give it a try, you won't regret it. Get some nice filets, thick cut applewood bacon and wrap that bish

I like filet too much to disguise the flavor even with another delicious food.

bearnaise and onion strings tonight

right bank bordeaux blend :D

bearnaise and onion strings tonight

right bank bordeaux blend :D

Sounds like a burger a true pillow biter would enjoy

Sautéed mushrooms and onions (finished with some sriracha and bourbon), bacon and Swiss.

Sounds like a burger a true pillow biter would enjoy

sounds like you should have tartare on a bun. we wouldn't want the flavor of the grill to enhance the meat for you in any way.

: :argue:

sounds like you should have tartare on a bun. we wouldn't want the flavor of the grill to enhance the meat for you in any way.

: :argue:

I was speaking more of having wine with a Burger. Look I enjoy a Good bottle of Silver Oak or Cakebread my self with a nice DINNER. But with a focking Burger - it's kinda ghey man..

steak frites on a bun. classic pairing.

95% of the time i have a burger at home, i am making it. now, i don't go for wine on the rare occations i hit in-n-out or 5 guys. for the restaurants in between it depends on the place. if i am in a pub, likely a bier. if a nicer restaurant for lunch, bier or possibly a red.

steak frites on a bun. classic pairing.

95% of the time i have a burger at home, i am making it. now, i don't go for wine on the rare occations i hit in-n-out or 5 guys. for the restaurants in between it depends on the place. if i am in a pub, likely a bier. if a nicer restaurant for lunch, bier or possibly a red.

Dude unless it's like a 50-60 dollar Kobe burger then have a beer with it like a man..

Based on your posts, I am not convinced that you are an authority on food/beverage or manlihood.

Based on your posts, I am not convinced that you are an authority on food/beverage or manlihood.

fair enough

Packet?

No. I wouldn't steal your recipe. :D

I was speaking more of having wine with a Burger. Look I enjoy a Good bottle of Silver Oak or Cakebread my self with a nice DINNER. But with a focking Burger - it's kinda ghey man..

Preach. Avocado smoothies go great with taro burgers though.

see meat mountain thread :doh:

caramelized onions w/ balsamic and honey, bearnaise.

truffled fries with fines herbes.

california cab.

Filet...terribly overrated...practically tasteless.

Ribeye....sirloin..now that tastes awesome