Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Guns don't kill people

Idiots who let their 9 year olds shoot Uzis kill people. :facepalm:

http://m.havasunews.com/news/accidental-shooting-lake-havasu-city-gun-range-instructor-dies-after/article_bacfccb0-2d49-11e4-b751-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

DOLAN SPRINGS A Lake Havasu City man died Monday night after he was accidentally shot with an Uzi by a 9-year-old girl at the firing range he worked at as an instructor near Dolan Springs.

The instructor, Charles Vacca, 39, died at 8:56 p.m. Monday night at University Medical Center in Las Vegas, according to Clark County, Nev. Coroner Mike Murphy.

The accident occurred around 10 a.m. on Monday, and Mohave County Sheriff Jim McCabe said Tuesday his departments investigation found no fault in the accident. No charges or citations will be brought by the sheriff.

Sheriff Jim McCabe said the girl had used the single-shot mode without accident, but after it was moved to fully automatic it recoiled and pointed to her left-rear, where Vacca was positioned. He was shot in the head.

It is a terrible tragedy for all the people involved to say the least, McCabe said. We made the determination that it was just that, an accident.

Vacca worked as an instructor at a shooting range called Burgers and Bullets at Last Stop Arizona on Highway 93 near the Nevada border.

The shooting range is operated by former Havasu city councilman Sam Scarmardo, who also owns a gun store and firing range in Havasu.

Scarmardo told the New York Daily News there had not been a shooting accident at the range during its nearly 13 years in operation. Vacca had been working at the range for about 18 months, according to the paper.

Its tragic news, he told the paper. He was like a brother. Were a very tight-knit organization.

Scarmardo refused to comment to the News-Herald, saying the paper had not been interested in speaking with him last month when he offered information about a legislative candidate, and hung-up the phone.

The shooting range promotes a variety of package options on its website and touts its Desert Storm atmosphere and military style bunkers. After firing one of the ranges dozens of firearms, visitors are encouraged to enjoy a hamburger at the World Famous Arizona Last Stop restaurant.

Children ages 8 to 17 are allowed to fire guns with parental consent and supervision, according to the website.

The 9-year-old girl and her parents reside in New Jersey, according to sheriffs spokeswoman Trish Carter. They consented to her use of the automatic weapon. One of the parents filmed the accident and the video evidence was provided to the sheriffs office, which made an edited version available to the media.

The video shows Vacca helping position the girls feet and explaining features of the gun to her. She fires a single shot before he switches the gun to full auto. Before the edited video cuts off, the gun can be seen shifting to the girls left toward Vacca.

McCabe said fatal shooting range accidents occasionally occur, but he couldnt remember one involving a youngster.

The sheriffs department notified the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration about the accident, McCabe said. OSHA is conducting a workplace investigation.

The accident had already raised questions on social media and from gun control advocates about why a child would be exposed to an automatic firearm.

These are weapons made for war, we give them to highly trained soldiers, said Gerry Hills, founder of Arizonans for Gun Safety. I cant think of situation we would give a child an Uzi or why that would be a responsible thing.

You have to love the government agency in charge of the investigation. Bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and now explosives.

Sounds like a good night to me. Pass on the tobacco though.

You have to love the government agency in charge of the investigation. Bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and now explosives.

Sounds like a good night to me. Pass on the tobacco though.

What do you think about kids as young as 8 being allowed to shoot at the range. I'm all for kids learning how to safely use guns, but 8 seems a bit too young. Especially a gun like an Uzi. Maybe a little 22 or something?

What do you think about kids as young as 8 being allowed to shoot at the range. I'm all for kids learning how to safely use guns, but 8 seems a bit too young. Especially a gun like an Uzi. Maybe a little 22 or something?

At 8, I was still too young to be playing with a Daisy BB gun.

When I did get my Daisy BB gun at 10, though, all I did was terrorize birds on the power lines. By terrorize, I mean that I tried to shoot every one of them down.

Eventually, I hit one and watched it fall. It didn't kill it (thank god), but from that day on I vowed to never kill anything with a gun that I wouldn't eat. (except for humans)

I honestly think that I would feel less remorse killing a human scumbag (think serial child molester or sumthin) versus a defenseless animal.

At 8 or 9 years old you are still teaching your kid how to use a knife safely. At most you teach them to use a BB gun as a means to instruct how to handle a weapon safely, where mistakes do not result in death. I know adults in whose hands I would not place an Uzi.....bad....bad judgement

That sounds like the instructors fault to me. He let her shoot one whole round on semi-auto before switching to full-auto? :doh:

I don't think 9 is too young to be at the range under close, competent supervision. Letting a 9 year old girl fire a weapon for the second time ever, on full auto, without assisting her with muzzle control is not competent supervision in my opinion.

9 year olds dad: I realize there is a bunch of confusion right now, but I believe she was supposed to get some sort of certificate.

All 3 times I've had a loaded gun pointed at me in my life happened at gun ranges. I don't do gun ranges anymore.

At 8 or 9 years old you are still teaching your kid how to use a knife safely. At most you teach them to use a BB gun as a means to instruct how to handle a weapon safely, where mistakes do not result in death. I know adults in whose hands I would not place an Uzi.....bad....bad judgement

I'm a gun guy, but this is one of the problems I have with a lot of other gun freedom - "all guns all the time" - types. They're so intent on "exercising our rights" that common sense goes right out the window. There's no reason for a 9 year old to be firing an automatic hand-held weapon, and a number of good reasons they shouldn't be, namely that other people might get killed. Sh!t like this is totally avoidable and just gives the anti-gunners more ammo. It's just dumb.

• Like 3

I'm a gun guy, but this is one of the problems I have with a lot of other gun freedom - "all guns all the time" - types. They're so intent on "exercising our rights" that common sense goes right out the window. There's no reason for a 9 year old to be firing an automatic hand-held weapon, and a number of good reasons they shouldn't be, namely that other people might get killed. Sh!t like this is totally avoidable and just gives the anti-gunners more ammo. It's just dumb.

Bingo

There is also no reason for a hand held automatic weapon to exist, but whatever.

• Like 1

There is also no reason for a hand held automatic weapon to exist, but whatever.

Hand guns are made for killin'.....They ain't no good for nuthin' else.

I missed the part where the gun fired itself. Seems to me a 9 year old killed someone.

Probably because noone has said it. :overhead:

His thread title insinuated as much.

Guns don't kill people

Idiots who let their 9 year olds shoot Uzis kill people.... :facepalm:

Couldn't make it one sentence in before posting? Wow. RMFF

Its pretty funny that the guy who named his shooting range Burgers and Bullets refuses to speak to the local paper when his employee gets killed cause they wouldn't listen to his information on a legislative candidate.

Yeah, maybe we should go ahead and un-invent them. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That sounds like the instructors fault to me. He let her shoot one whole round on semi-auto before switching to full-auto? :doh:

This.

A nine year old with one round of shooting experience allowed to go full auto. What could happen? :doh:

9 year olds dad: I realize there is a bunch of confusion right now, but I believe she was supposed to get some sort of certificate.

:thumbsup: you're under-appreciated 'round here.

It's a good thing everyone up there Philly are too sophisticated to let something like this happen.

West Philadelphia -

An 11-year-girl is dead after a shooting inside her West Philadelphia home Saturday morning.

Around 10 a.m. police responded to reports of a shooting on the 3800 block of Wallace Street and found an 11-year-old girl suffering from a gunshot wound to the arm.

They immediately transported the child to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where she was pronounced dead at 10:29 a.m.

Emotions ran high as loved ones learned about the fatal shooting in the Mantua section of the city.

Investigators said a single bullet went in the victim's right arm, into her chest and through her heart.

After investigation police learned that sometime Saturday morning the mother's boyfriend came to the home and placed a loaded revolver on top of the refrigerator.

The gun was removed from the kitchen and taken into the master bedroom, where the mother and four children were located.

Lt. John Walker said the children were ages 14, 11, 7 and 2.

The mother left the bedroom to use the bathroom, and the children located the gun and began to play with it, police say. The 2-year-old child was playing with the gun when it discharged in the direction of the 11-year-old and fatally struck her.

As her siblings were taken away from the scene, things got hostile between family and police.

"Obviously it's been a very emotional scene, both here and at the hospital, so we've been struggling with trying to keep the emotions down and working with the family," Walker said.

Neighbors said the young girl was a good student who would often play outside.

The name of the victim has not been released.

It's unclear if any charges will be filed in this case.

In west Philadelphia born and raised

On the playground was where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school

When a couple of guys who were up to no good

Started making trouble in my neighborhood

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I got a .22 when I was 10 and lived in Texas -- to go shoot Water Moccasins in the Bayou near are house as well as an occasional Negro that might of strayed -- both are legal in Texas.

I do not feel sorry for the instructor in the least.

I feel sorry for that 9 year old girl, who will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

I do not feel sorry for the instructor in the least.

I don't think he'll read this anyway.

I feel sorry for that 9 year old girl, who will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

Truth or Dare..... "Truth! last time I went to a gun range, I shot a man in the face with an uzi and killed him dead! You're turn."

All 3 times I've had a loaded gun pointed at me in my life happened at gun ranges. I don't do gun ranges anymore.

One time for me, when I was like 13. Some friend of mine knew where his dad kept his guns, came into the room and pointed it right at me.

I said, "You've got about 3 seconds before I kick your ass." and he looked at me and knew I was serious, because I was, and lowered the gun and said, "It's not loaded." (we later discovered there was a round in the chamber, he just took the clip out). Then I said, "I don't care. And if you ever try that again, there will be no warning. I will just beat your ass on the spot."

Only time anyone has ever pointed a gun at me.

Did you see the guy on CNN?

"I don't know what went wrong. We train them to hover over them."

Oops! Dumbass thing to say when someone that you trained just got killed. Lawyers love that kinda shiat.

Please Focking tell me there's an uncensored version of this that isn't cut off! Please!

There probably is, I have been looking for it...

I doubt it.

I was amazed there was footage at all, so quickly available. You saw all of it but for the part where he got shot in the head. You can figure out for your own how that played out, girl runs away crying.

The video was shot by the family, which turned it over to police .... and then somehow news media got ahold of it.

No news outlet has released the uncut footage, and ... as I said, I am amazed that any of it was leaked, and how quickly it happened.

You really want to see the last 2 seconds of that video? Prolly not.

Had a guy on the radio last night that said it perfect: "What a dumb ass. Her first time shooting a gun and he give's her a frickin Uzi? That's like giving a kid acid for their first drug instead of a joint or a beer."

• Like 1