Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Sit Manning in the first game in favor of Foles?

Manning is playing IND while Foles plays JAX.

Don't you think Foles will make more points than Manning?

Or is that stupid? I need your opinions to help me become a better FF player.

TIA

Manning is playing IND while Foles plays JAX.

Don't you think Foles will make more points than Manning?

Or is that stupid? I need your opinions to help me become a better FF player.

TIA

Some players will post good stats regardless of the match up - Manning is one of those. We only have one season to guess how Foles will do.

Also the nature of the game will dictate whether a team passes or runs a lot. While teams have a general game plan, competitive games with two good QB tend to pass more. If the game is lopsided, the better team will tend to run more.

I expect the DEN/IND game will be competitive, and neither defense is great. Meanwhile, Philly should easily beat JAX. Even if you think Manning and Foles are equivalent performers, the match up suggests more passing for Manning. That being said, I'd only sit Manning against an elite pass D in inclement weather.

You should trade one of your QBs. Probably can get a lot more for Manning.

Wow, thanks Pen!!

No, I don't think I should trade Manning, he's too valuable. Who could I possibly get for him? He made so many points last year....I think he could do it again.

Wow, thanks Pen!!

No, I don't think I should trade Manning, he's too valuable. Who could I possibly get for him? He made so many points last year....I think he could do it again.

Trying to make amends for insulting you in the "rate your happiness" thread. :)

The question isn't whether you think Manning will repeat last year's performance, but whether he and whatever other players you start will outscore Foles and the upgraded roster you can trade for…Will Manning (presumably a late 1st round pick) and whatever RB1/WR1 you were forced to choose by taking Manning in the first score more points than Forte/Lacy/Calvin Johnson/Jimmy Graham/Demarius Thomas (players with similar draft position to Manning)+ Foles?

• Like 1

Wow, thanks Pen!!

if you feel manning is too valuable to trade, then you shouldn't be considering starting Foles over him, thats for sure.

These guys are focking with you. Play the match up. Foles is going to light it up like the fourth of July.

Blow me and answer will come in your face.

:ninja:

You start manning no matter what. Playing matchups just lead to overthinking and watching your bench blow up. The number of variables are so many. How bout if Mcoy scores 2tds, foles throws 1 and they win 24-10? How bout they go up 21-0 and foles is on cruise control the whole 2nd half? That's just if they win. I'm guessing foles matches last years int total and the jags either win or cover.

With manning there's pretty much 1 outcome...he throws a bunch of tds and 300yds...that's just what happens.

Start manning and it's not even remotely a decision.

• Like 1

wrong forum

This is a woman that plays FF and talks to us. She should be allowed to do whatever she wants. Start Manning, penroifkstraw was right.

• Like 1

Never bench your studs. That goes double for Manning.

Trying to make amends for insulting you in the "rate your happiness" thread. :)

actually, your post challenged me to face the fact that happiness is choice.

i was angry at your words, but really you must have struck a nerve.

i think i am weak in that area of my life and you helped me a bit by recognizing that if i'm unhappy i am the only one who has the means to change it. i either have to actively do something about it or perhaps see the situation differently. to wallow in self-pity and regret does nothing.

also, the movie "alive" came on. it reinforced the idea that you have to see opportunity in hopeless situations, and find the joy wherever you can.

start where you are

use what you have

do what you can

-arthur ashe (as told by michael sam when receiving his espy award)

okay! thanks for the advice about manning! i will start him!

(although i think foles will make more points <_< )

actually, your post challenged me to face the fact that happiness is choice.

i was angry at your words, but really you must have struck a nerve.

i think i am weak in that area of my life and you helped me a bit by recognizing that if i'm unhappy i am the only one who has the means to change it. i either have to actively do something about it or perhaps see the situation differently. to wallow in self-pity and regret does nothing.

also, the movie "alive" came on. it reinforced the idea that you have to see opportunity in hopeless situations, and find the joy wherever you can.

start where you are

use what you have

do what you can

-arthur ashe (as told by michael sam when receiving his espy award)

Great! That's what I was getting at. Doesn't mean it isn't a lot of work, and time is always scarce, but, as corny as it seems, with the right attitude almost anybody can create their happiness.

Except someone who starts Foles over Manning. :nono:

Also, regarding "Alive", it has been shown that a positive attitude is one of the most important components of survival. Same goes for those that deal with illness, such as cancer survivors.

I wouldn't sit Manning.

Some players will post good stats regardless of the match up - Manning is one of those.

You start manning no matter what.

Start Manning, penroifkstraw was right.

Never bench your studs. That goes double for Manning.

So glad I listened to you guys! Thanks for the great advice! :doublethumbsup:

So glad I listened to you guys! Thanks for the great advice! :doublethumbsup:

If you're not playing for $$$, take it to the focking help bored! :mad:

If you're not playing for $$$, take it to the focking help bored! :mad:

no problem. ^_^