Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Should we send our military in to Iraq or Syria to fight ISIS?

i say hell no.

what do you think?

We can fight them here or we can fight them there, take your choice because they are not going away.

I say no because after WWII this country forgot how to fight a war.

Back into Iraq....yes. Only if we can get Britain and maybe support from Turkey and the Kurds. I think we need to bomb in Syria, but not send troops into Syria. Unfortunately Obummers lack of response to ISIS has now put us in a must re-enter Iraq. He's allowed them to run wild once he saw Iraq's army couldn't handle ISIS.

I fully blame Bush for our problems in Iraq. I know that's unpopular to some here, but he lied about Iraq and put us in an unnecessary war there. Now. Obama has mismanaged the exit of iraq (since Iraq's army is completely worthless after 12 years of training and money thrown at rebuilding it) and should've planned accordingly. I do believe Obama's hands were tied a little due to the agreements already in place, and Iraq's government not allowing or wanting us to stay longer. It's focked up, and might not have been this way had we not invaded in the first place.

We can fight them here or we can fight them there, take your choice because they are not going away.

I say no because after WWII this country forgot how to fight a war.

This :thumbsup:

No Colateral damage is bullshiot. War is dirty, fight to win as fast as possibe. Civilians be dammed.

At this point, fock no to anything beyond helping the Kurds protect themselves and maybe rescuing the trapped Yahtzee people, Turks, Christians and whoever else (besides Sunnis and Shiites) got stuck behind when the Iraqi Army happily turned over their arms and willingly hearded themselves into their own mass graves.

Actually, I think we're done rescuing people. Are there any more worthwhile (non-Sunni or Shiite) people still trapped there?

At this point, fock no to anything beyond helping the Kurds protect themselves and maybe rescuing the trapped Yahtzee people, Turks, Christians and whoever else (besides Sunnis and Shiites) got stuck behind when the Iraqi Army happily turned over their arms and willingly hearded themselves into their own mass graves.

Actually, I think we're done rescuing people. Are there any more worthwhile (non-Sunni or Shiite) people still trapped there?

This is not about them it is about us. Where do we want to fight ISIS, here or there because their ultimate goal is to bring the fight here. They have told us they are coming here only we are too arrogant to believe them.

I'm totally on board with the Kurds. Give them a ton of guns and let them run that hellhole. Get dat oil afterwards when they want to sell. Perhaps continue air support.

This is not about them it is about us. Where do we want to fight ISIS, here or there because their ultimate goal is to bring the fight here. They have told us they are coming here only we are too arrogant to believe them.

You're missing a very critical ingredient.

What if we weren't p*ssing them off and giving a reason to attack us? You see, one of the reasons these ISIS a$$holes broke off from al Qaeda was they were focused on local issues while al Qaeda wanted to hit us. I, personally, support ISIS in as much as their efforts are focused on local issues. Knock yourselves out.

Although all Islamic militants are evil, not all are a danger to the US. Prioritize.

You leave alone the ones that focus their rage on paying back the evil infidel non-believers in the village down the road.. Lunatic Muslims who rage against and want blood payback against other Muslim factions -more than they rage and hate us- are the best kinds of Lunatic Muslims. This is the radical Islamic leadership I endorse. Let them continue to build their portfolio of grievances against each other and put revenge for nekked Twister further and further on the backburner. They'll never run out of rivals who they want to kill and who want to kill them, but let them go about putting their hate and anger to constructive purposes.

But you don't ignorer it all.

What you do Instead, stay out of site and out of mind of the ones taht blow up each other.: You focus all your attention on and drones on any a$$holes that would rather strike the Great Satan across the ocean. That's al Qaeda, not ISIS. Fock ISIS. They've got their own problems to deal with with everybody else in the region that wants to support or kill them, they're busy at the moment.

Don't mess this up. Right now, in the world of frothing-at-the-mouth international Islamic terrorists, ISIS is the popular destination. They're drawing lunatics (and money) away from al Qaeda. To this, I say "praise Allah". Let Syria, Iran, and the Iraqi Shiites worry about them- we'll keep making al Qaeda miserable.

Fortunately for all the worthwhile populations of planet Earth, Sunnis and Shiites have been blowing the fock out of each other ever since some genius assassinated Muhammid's son-in-law and then another offed his grandson. They never got over it. Let it continue to happen and bring popcorn. Every time a suicide bomber blows up a rival faction's mosque, an angel earns it's wings. :wave: In the meantime, just keep hitting al Qaeda, keep the CIA up al Qaeda's ass, if they show up in the US, let the fat guys with the batons and jelly donuts at the airport take care of it. Whenever a leader steps up to say "we need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and focus our joint efforts on the USA" - drone his ass. STFU! See all those evil Shitte children on that school bus over there? Allah's will be done on them.

Reporter on NPR said he thought ISIS may have bitten off more than they can chew. They're currently fighting the Syrian army, Iran's Revolutionary Gaurd, the Kurds, Iraqi army, and US airstrikes.

To answer the question, yes I support US military involvement in Iraq. Ground and air. It's in the US interests that Iraq does not become a failed state.

No we should let them become big enough that only an all out war costing thousands of US lives can stop them.

Recycled line from the Iraq invasion. Guess we just plan on "fighting them there" for eternity.

No we should let them become big enough that only an all out war costing thousands of US lives can stop them.

#sarcasm

They be JV.

Relax.

Well put. :thumbsup:

I support US involvement to save Iraq and protect US interests. Not to "avoid fighting them here..." rhetoric.

When he won the war Obama said we wouldn't be going back in.

The US has been attacking ISIS with jets and drones for weeks now. We are officially "in".

You are wrong, cuz that would make Obama a liar.

Perhaps Obama didn't foresee ISIS today when he made his "not going back in" statement. Can't hold that against him. :dunno:

i voted for obama because he was anti-war.

we cannot afford to go to war.

let england or france do some fighting for a change.

i voted for obama because he was anti-war.

we cannot afford to go to war.

let england or france do some fighting for a change.

He was only 'anti-war' for 3 reasons.

1: Votes

2: Was not privy to anything about the war when he was running for the first time.

3: Votes

2: Was not privy to anything about the war when he was running for the first time.

You're an idiot

Thanks for cheering me up.

If the only reason we're not knee deep in five different Islamic toilets right now is Obummer's search for votes, then it makes me feel much better about it being a vote worth casting. :thumbsup:

(Because his domestic policies usually depress me.)

With troops on the ground...hell now.

Don't get sucked in to another crapfest over there.

Im all for airstrikes and drone attacks though.

Should we? Probably. Will we? No. I would say that the odds are greater than 50% in the near future and ultimately they will be 100%, that we will engage them. Unfortunately by then they will be bigger, stronger and better organized.

Recycled line from the Iraq invasion. Guess we just plan on "fighting them there" for eternity.

So you don,t believe them?

The Islamic State has warned the United States that it plans to attack America and raise "the flag of Allah in the White House."

"I say to America that the Islamic caliphate has been established," Abu Mosa, a spokesman for the terror group, also known as ISIS, told Vice Media in a video interview posted online Thursday.

"Don’t be cowards and attack us with drones. Instead send your soldiers, the ones we humiliated in Iraq. We will humiliate them everywhere, God willing, and we will raise the flag of Allah in the White House."

So you don,t believe them?

The Islamic State has warned the United States that it plans to attack America and raise "the flag of Allah in the White House."

"I say to America that the Islamic caliphate has been established," Abu Mosa, a spokesman for the terror group, also known as ISIS, told Vice Media in a video interview posted online Thursday.

"Don’t be cowards and attack us with drones. Instead send your soldiers, the ones we humiliated in Iraq. We will humiliate them everywhere, God willing, and we will raise the flag of Allah in the White House."

That's just the long term strategy. I'd recommend they continue to focus on raising the flag of Allah in Baghdad, Damascus, and Tehran first. Knock that out first then work outward. Good luck with that, by the way.

I really think a nice first step would be the Shiite mosque in Karbala. If they can successfully raise the flag of Allah there, I'd piss my pants with joy. None of this suicide bombing at the gate stuff (although I like that too for now). Just take the place over, kick out all the Shiites and totally desecrate all the top level holy Shiite graves there. That would be cool.

Then send out John Kerry to make a statement condemning the act and expressing sympathy for the poor Shiite saints. Ideally, invite al Jazeera TV to cover the president so they can show a split screen of Obummer playing golf while Kerry is speaking.

What the world really needs is a fully engaged Sunni-Shiite mutual genocide, a nice self-inflicted Muslim enema conducted on each other without anybody else spending any money or troops or getting their hands dirty protecting thse animals from each other.

They need to be dealth with, but the limp dicks that exist in the middle east arent really up to it. Air strikes for now, maybe some boots on the ground later, after they are worn down for a while

They allegedly just released video of the beheading of the second journalist that was kidnapped (Steven Sotloff).

They allegedly just released video of the beheading of the second journalist that was kidnapped (Steven Sotloff).

If you go to Syria, its a not a stretch to ecpect to be beheaded at some point, just sayin.... but hey, did you know that out poor women here in the US get breast augmentation, the horror....