Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Drafting your draft pick....

So our league in reverse order from finish have the ability to pick your draft spot. So for instance the guy who would have the 6th pick....could move down to say.,11th if he wanted to...if he didnt like who was projected at 6, get earlier 2nd round pick, etc.

So im 8th of 12. None of the 7 picks amazingly have moved.

Would you move down to 10th, 11th or 12 in a redraft?

Thoughts?

So our league in reverse order from finish have the ability to pick your draft spot. So for instance the guy who would have the 6th pick....could move down to say.,11th if he wanted to...if he didnt like who was projected at 6, get earlier 2nd round pick, etc.

So im 8th of 12. None of the 7 picks amazingly have moved.

Would you move down to 10th, 11th or 12 in a redraft?

Thoughts?

I probably would. After the first 5 or 6 picks in round one, the picks even out for the rest of the round but round two picking high is great. I go 11 or 12. But you need to write out your top 8 to determine that yourself.

Is this a ppr league?

I like the ideal of moving back not the 12 spot.

10 and 11 does nothing for me.

I love the 12 spot.

Good luck.

Great ff question.

Thanks.

I like the ideal of moving back not the 12 spot.

10 and 11 does nothing for me.

I love the 12 spot.

Good luck.

Great ff question.

Thanks.

Just curious why you like the 12?

I've always sort of liked the 11 spot because then you can play your second pick on your close to back to back off of what the 12th person has.

So for instance if you are at the turn of third and fourth round and the 12th guy has Taken 2 running backs already then you're probably okay not selecting a running back with your 3rd round pick knowing you're going to probably be able to pick one up in the 4th and so on..

Just wondering.

I know I've had the 11th pick, and thought I guessed properly on what #12 / the-turn would do - and then they grab a player I wanted "early," because they have to wait 23 picks.. Hence why owning a turn is "key."

I see very little difference drafting amoungst 10-12, No player in that range is that dominating over the others and the same for the few after the turn.

I just hate drafting 1-3. Too long to wait for a #2 guy. Maybe my favorite spots would be 6, or after 9.

I've always sort of liked the 11 spot because then you can play your second pick on your close to back to back off of what the 12th person has.

So for instance if you are at the turn of third and fourth round and the 12th guy has Taken 2 running backs already then you're probably okay not selecting a running back with your 3rd round pick knowing you're going to probably be able to pick one up in the 4th and so on..

Just wondering.

Taking this a step further, I actually love being in the 4 or 9 spot in a 12-teamer for this same reason, but it adds a couple more teams that I can keep tabs on.

Any insight towards their drafting habits too makes spots like these so much more valuable too.

Just wondering.

Every other round I get too pick first.

I love the 12 spot, I get too take the first or even the best player available every other round.

Next I would take the 11th. Spot.

Either way I like picking in 10-12 whole more then the 4-9 spots.

I hate the top three spots.

Thanks please keep update on your choice and how it works out for you.

Wonderful question.

Every other round I get too pick first.

I love the 12 spot, I get too take the first or even the best player available every other round.

Next I would take the 11th. Spot.

Either way I like picking in 10-12 whole more then the 4-9 spots.

I hate the top three spots.

Thanks please keep update on your choice and how it works out for you.

Wonderful question.

I love top 5 pick in ppr leagues these days. Obviously they need yo stay healthy. But getting a guy like Bell or Antonio Brown is such an advantage. Then a lot of times your 2nf and 3rd round picks are similar to what you get in the beginning of the 2nd.

Last year I had 2nd pick. 1st guy took DJ. I took Bell. I feel like I stole someones lunch money as he is catching thr ball 5-7 times a game.

Non ppr is probably a little different. Guys do not separate thrmselves as much. Basically comes down to who falls into the endzonr more times.

I love top 5 pick in ppr leagues these days. Obviously they need yo stay healthy. But getting a guy like Bell or Antonio Brown is such an advantage. Then a lot of times your 2nf and 3rd round picks are similar to what you get in the beginning of the 2nd.

Last year I had 2nd pick. 1st guy took DJ. I took Bell. I feel like I stole someones lunch money as he is catching thr ball 5-7 times a game.

Non ppr is probably a little different. Guys do not separate thrmselves as much. Basically comes down to who falls into the endzonr more times.

Mmm good points about a ppr league.

I’m still a big fan of drafting late first round but getting early return.

But I think you make a great point.

I know I was lucky last season, because in the 14 teamer I was in I had pick number two, and pick number one was D Johnson, and I got lucky had drafted Bell.

If D Johnson was there at my pick he was going be be my pick.

Also good too have lots of luck when playing ff.

Thanks for your reply.

Great job.

I'm a guy that likes to pick as close to the middle of each round as possible, so I wouldn't move. What is the incentive? You pick earlier in the 2nd, but then later in the third. It sort of evens out. Being more towards the middle allows you to watch the run on positions from a great vantage point.

I'm a guy that likes to pick as close to the middle of each round as possible, so I wouldn't move. What is the incentive? You pick earlier in the 2nd, but then later in the third. It sort of evens out. Being more towards the middle allows you to watch the run on positions from a great vantage point.

Funny you mention that I was on fantasy calculator today and thought the same thing.

I think especially for me I like to go three straight running backs unless there's a no-brainer wide receiver. So having that earlier pick in the third round my teams seem to look better that way.

And running back seems extraordinarily thin this year.

so if I go three backs by the time I'm in the 4th and 5th round everybody else is loading up on quarterbacks, tight ends, other running backs and there's pretty good value in the wide receivers at that point.

Funny you mention that I was on fantasy calculator today and thought the same thing.

I think especially for me I like to go three straight running backs unless there's a no-brainer wide receiver. So having that earlier pick in the third round my teams seem to look better that way.

And running back seems extraordinarily thin this year.

so if I go three backs by the time I'm in the 4th and 5th round everybody else is loading up on quarterbacks, tight ends, other running backs and there's pretty good value in the wide receivers at that point.

It's funny how we all see it different. I think RB is deeper than it has been in a long time. That's what makes a good draft, when everyone isn't on the same page like it was years ago.

It's funny how we all see it different. I think RB is deeper than it has been in a long time. That's what makes a good draft, when everyone isn't on the same page like it was years ago.

Well I mean you take a look at the guys ranked on here.

Kamara..5th...time split. At FIVE!!

Hunt....6th...was almost bench able second half of last year.

Dalvin...8th.... coming off season ending injury.

Fournette, saquan, Freeman, mixon, McCoy....9-13

Who the heck do you feel good about out of that?

Not saying you are wrong but I can just see question marks with so many guys.

The good news for you is that you don't have to take any of those guys.

Personally I'm never confident about RB's and I tend to draft them later than most. But if I can get a guy like freeman in the second or McKinnon mid to late second that's a lot better than previous years. (12 team league).

How many wedgies were you on the receiving end of back in school?

How many wedgies were you on the receiving end of back in school?

Zero actually. Guess I was both lucky and in control at that time in my life, as well as now. Just haven't had to be on the losing end at all in my time so far. How about you dude?

Well yeah I don't have to take any of them but if I'm wanting to load up on running backs....just seems like there are about three locks and then it gets really interesting.

Well yeah I don't have to take any of them but if I'm wanting to load up on running backs....just seems like there are about three locks and then it gets really interesting.

Well if you seriously don't feel good about any these guys then go after players you do feel good about. Go high end TE and WR, then take stabs at RB where you like. I like auctions better so that ypu can build what you like rather than having to chase on positional runs.

Personally I'm never confident about RB's and I tend to draft them later than most. But if I can get a guy like freeman in the second or McKinnon mid to late second that's a lot better than previous years. (12 team league).

The McKinnon hype has me slightly worried a little. I worry that preseason is going to severely bump his cost up. I love where he's going right now though. RB15 or so I believe. I think he has RB5 upside this season.

I bought him this off-season in one dynasty...and am looking at him in redraft, but there's a small part of me wondering if the 49ers crap the bed this year. I dunno.

Zero actually. Guess I was both lucky and in control at that time in my life, as well as now. Just haven't had to be on the losing end at all in my time so far. How about you dude?

Oh wait, you're a millenial. Wedgies and dodgeball were outlawed for the snowflake generation. Never mind.

Oh wait, you're a millenial. Wedgies and dodgeball were outlawed for the snowflake generation. Never mind.

I'm a millenial?

I would always take as high a pick as I could get.

That's the only way you really have the best chance of getting who you want. You can try and project how the picks will go all you want but every draft I have ever done has been pretty unpredictable.

I don't really believe compromising a first round pick for a 2nd rounder because it's even more unpredictable.

That's the only way you really have the best chance of getting who you want. You can try and project how the picks will go all you want but every draft I have ever done has been pretty unpredictable.

I don't really believe compromising a first round pick for a 2nd rounder because it's even more unpredictable.

Agree with this. Never understood people who didnt want say a top 5 pick. Any spot is fine really as fantasy football is majority luck based. But in years where you have RBs who if healthy will get 2000 total yards with 65-80 catches....it is just such a luxery to be able to take them.

Pslam 55:17.

I would easily trade down, I like drafting later with the early return pick.

Thanks.

This is based on the assumption you think one guy is better than all the rest. I think most folks have a group of 6 or 8 or so that are interchangable. What are the odds your #1 pick is going to score the most points for the year over the other non QBs. I would rather have a lower 1st rounder and a higher 2nd rounder. To me, there is a bigger drop off mid second round than 1st round this year.

This is based on the assumption you think one guy is better than all the rest. I think most folks have a group of 6 or 8 or so that are interchangable. What are the odds your #1 pick is going to score the most points for the year over the other non QBs. I would rather have a lower 1st rounder and a higher 2nd rounder. To me, there is a bigger drop off mid second round than 1st round this year.

No, it's based on the assumption that the higher pick I have the more choice I have as to who I can pick.

I don't have 6 to 8 players as interchangeable or really any for that matter. That shows a lack of preparation. As does putting priority on late picks as opposed to early picks.

No, it's based on the assumption that the higher pick I have the more choice I have as to who I can pick.

I don't have 6 to 8 players as interchangeable or really any for that matter. That shows a lack of preparation. As does putting priority on late picks as opposed to early picks.

Ok. So you are only good at your first round pick. At least you know your limitations. But I would love to know who you picked preseason as highest non QB point total player over each of the last 8 years compared to who actually scored the highest each of those years.

And how is pick #13 a late pick in a draft?

So have you picked the highest non QB point scorer correctly the past 8 seasons? lol

Is the 13th pick not later than the 6 to 8 range you seem to be obsessed over?