Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Jerry Jones won't stop fighting owners in Roger Goodell talks

I honestly believe they should come up with some sort of mandatory retirement age when it comes to sports franchise owners.

They can call it the Al Davis rule.

• Like 1

Stick to the political threads. This is where men speak.

Jesus you're dumb..rather than debate the guy, I let it go as I don't need to flame war every topic. He had his opinion, I asked him to clarify it, he did so and I was fine with it. Unlike you, I am perfectly fine with someone having a different opinion than me. I don't have to picture them in a "pretty red dress" everytime I disagree.

Now take your bizarre crossdressing fantasy somewhere else weirdo

• Like 1

:(

Grrr

I've been a Lions fan for all my life and have only seen one playoff win (1991- don't need to look it up) in my life. And I can and I have handled that this entire time. So far as football goes, fans, management, and players are all on board. You just endure that.

What I can't handle is having the most kneeler-friendly owner in football (if there's one worse, I don't know of them). Our black head coach had had his entire team standing for the national anthem until things blew up earlier this year, bless Jim Caldwell for that, but the owner doesn't give a ###### about the flag or the fans that are disgusted with the kneeling.

With Jerry, he likes the spotlight on himself. As a non-Cowboy fan, I'd weigh that usually more bad than good, but still better him than the Fords who are so passive that they gave Matt Millen seven years until he went 0-16 and forced them to get rid of him. Anyway, in today's NFL, I'm glad Jerry's there doing what he's doing. I'm rooting for the guy big time on this.

No doubt this is true about the lions ownership. Has been forever. All Martha did was marry a Ford. I don't count that as qualification to run a franchise

Now if you're only picking a side here in relation to the kneeling, I respect that. However for me this is more. This is a big baby trying to throw a tantrum and the billionaires club slapping him down a little.

Jerry is getting a little big for his britches and he needs a scolding. It's fun to watch

Ive got to think after last week theyre going to give him a TE / RB on that side if hes starting again right? Dallas really needs to establish the run in this one. If not theyll be doing a lot of max protect and Im not sure Dez and whoever are game breakers anymore.

I expect the Eagles to win but Im not counting on a blowout just due to desperation on Dallass part.

Sad to say Dallas' passing game is in deep sh!t. I think you're right. The only was Dallas wins is by playing ball control with the running game.

Not looking forward to this one.

I honestly believe they should come up with some sort of mandatory retirement age when it comes to sports franchise owners.

If you did that, every financial institution in the country would be subject to ownership replacement.

Besides, it's the Owners league - they'd have to approve it. Really see them voting to remove themselves from ownership? The average age of a NFL owner is 70 - they're all old.

Sad to say Dallas' passing game is in deep sh!t. I think you're right. The only was Dallas wins is by playing ball control with the running game.

Not looking forward to this one.

Philly would have to be looking to next week and flat out lay an egg. They'd have to turn it over 4 times for us to have any shot... Going to look a lot like the Thanksgiving day game meeting of 2014.

I think Red has finally gotten the message and will get Green some help, but that will only open it up for others down the line...... I expect a TON of offensive holding penalties this week, followed by Dak once again running for his life.. On the defense, with no S. Lee, Jaylon Smith will be forced to play the entire game - and as we've all seen by now, he has no biz being on the field. Philly and Wentz are going to run it down our throats and abuse the middle of the field...... I've been screaming for legitimate LB draft picks for years - maybe somebody will finally wake up and see it too this weekend.

The main goal this Sunday is for Dak to come out alive and healthy.

• Like 1

Philly would have to be looking to next week and flat out lay an egg. They'd have to turn it over 4 times for us to have any shot... Going to look a lot like the Thanksgiving day game meeting of 2014.

I think Red has finally gotten the message and will get Green some help, but that will only open it up for others down the line...... I expect a TON of offensive holding penalties this week, followed by Dak once again running for his life.. On the defense, with no S. Lee, Jaylon Smith will be forced to play the entire game - and as we've all seen by now, he has no biz being on the field. Philly and Wentz are going to run it down our throats and abuse the middle of the field...... I've been screaming for legitimate LB draft picks for years - maybe somebody will finally wake up and see it too this weekend.

Yeah. This whole situation is a recipe for disaster.

No way the D can contain Philly, so Dallas must do everything in their power to keep them off the field.

I seem to recall most of Alf's yardage coming from running right last week. I assume Green is no better at run blocking than he is at pass protection, so Philly will be looking to stuff that side.

Maybe Dak can keep them honest with a bootleg or two.

Back to Rog - so this sumbiitch's counter offer is:

$50m a year, lifetime use of a plane. lifetime health insurance for him and his family??? :huh:

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/11/12/16639956/roger-goodell-50-million-salary-plane-insurance-nfl

Yup, pulling for Jerrah in this one.

:thumbsup:

The ship is sinking and he is making ludicrous demands..

Jerry vs Goodell? Love it. I hope they both inflict as much damage on each other as possible.

So if you win you will concede it was luck?

So if you win you will concede it was luck?

Luck? Not sure I'm following you here.

Luck? Not sure I'm following you here.

Me either carry on

Question. If Dallas wins this week you concede it's an upset and without Zeke you concede you will not make the playoffs. Right?

Me either carry on

Question. If Dallas wins this week you concede it's an upset and without Zeke you concede you will not make the playoffs. Right?

And that matters.........................why?

Unless you just didn't noticed, I put Philly as the #2 team in the Rankings thread - behind NE.... At even strength, I would have put this game at even.... I understand Philly is w/out some key players of their own - but they are deeper where it matters.

Zeke is huge, but he's not the pivotal missing piece to this team... In order of importance not in this game: #1 Tyron Smith, #2 Sean Lee, #3 Zeke.............but yes, any win by Dallas in this game will be a fluke.

And that matters.........................why?

Unless you just didn't noticed, I put Philly as the #2 team in the Rankings thread - behind NE.... At even strength, I would have put this game at even.... I understand Philly is w/out some key players of their own - but they are deeper where it matters.

Zeke is huge, but he's not the pivotal missing piece to this team... In order of importance not in this game: #1 Tyron Smith, #2 Sean Lee, #3 Zeke.............but yes, any win by Dallas in this game will be a fluke.

I would rather have the Giants season than the Cowboys season right now.

I would rather have the Giants season than the Cowboys season right now.

Oh man, for sure.. This team has potential - but not with Tyron and Lee out.. Hell, even Dan Bailey is a huge loss to us right now.... This season is done for the team, draft position is what matters now.

Oh man, for sure.. This team has potential - but not with Tyron and Lee out.. Hell, even Dan Bailey is a huge loss to us right now.... This season is done for the team, draft position is what matters now.

My point,I piss poorly made, was if Dallas were to beat Philly this weekend the Cowboy's season is still over. However, many fans would be delusioned into thinking Dallas is still playoff bound.

You seem levelhead tho.

My point,I piss poorly made, was if Dallas were to beat Philly this weekend the Cowboy's season is still over. However, many fans would be delusioned into thinking Dallas is still playoff bound.

You seem levelhead tho.

The rose colored crowd still believes.....then again, they are the same bunch that thinks JG is a great HC.

Tyron Smith needs surgery on his back, as we speak, that'is not going away. Even before he popped his groin he was a shell of himself, could barely move - was getting uncharacteristic holding calls left and right, not to mention beat... He is of little use this year, even if he were to suit up..... Sean Lee has a popped hammy. Even on normal, young kids - those take forever to heal... This is already the 2nd time he's popped it this year - no way in hell he's healthy the rest of the year........ Tons of teams would have to collapse and Dallas would have to somehow get to 9 wins and sneak in... Highly unlikely. And even if they did - Jason Garrett would still be the HC - instant bounce.

Damn, just saw a headline. The league is getting serious about taking steps to remove Jerry as an owner. That is pretty freaking hard core. Especially seeing as how a lot of people feel like he is the de-facto commissioner. Sounds like a good old-fashioned sword Fest to me.

Rooney and Mara run the NFL. Always did.

Agreed..And Jerry was trying to bully them in the sandbox and he's being taught a lesson.

Rooney and Mara run the NFL. Always did.

That means they will replace Jerrah with a black owner.

That means they will replace Jerrah with a black owner.

There goes the neighborhood.

Jerry is trying to save their dumb asses from themselves. The rest are too stupid to see it.

• Like 1

The hell with Jerry - the ones pissed off should be the players.

Rog wants guaranteed money and lifetime insurance - and his ass isn't even suited up and on the field??? That's what I'd be pissed about. The guys in the trenches, the guys taking the beatings - they are the ones who should be asking or guaranteed money and lifetime insurance.

The hell with Jerry - the ones pissed off should be the players.

Rog wants guaranteed money and lifetime insurance - and his ass isn't even suited up and on the field??? That's what I'd be pissed about. The guys in the trenches, the guys taking the beatings - they are the ones who should be asking or guaranteed money and lifetime insurance.

The insurance thing really bugs me too. He can afford to purchase a top tier health insurance policy on his own.

If anyone thinks this is about anything other than Zeke and Jerry wanting to prove he has the bigger diick, they dont pay attention.

If anyone thinks this is about anything other than Zeke and Jerry wanting to prove he has the bigger diick, they dont pay attention.

They were talking about this a bit ago on the Fan........ The Zeke deal was just the last straw - apparently this has been building since way back - including Michael Vick and rights to show in-game highlights.

Long read - but good info on the long brewing feud. https://deadspin.com/the-case-against-roger-goodell-1820541508

Okay, let's just drop the whole lifetime insurance thing. That's not that big a deal. That's pretty standard for your typical retiree.

if I were arbitrading, I would limit the planes usage to any transportation involving league functions. Its not unreasonable that Rogers going to have to attend it's hearings and ceremonies and such.

Maybe offer some sort of reduced rate for non league travel. Strictly because those plans are just depreciating assets if they just sit in a hanger somewhere. Might as well get some money out of them. So that wouldn't be huge hang up for me either.

The 50 million a year is a little steep even given his salary. But again, that's something you can work with. Maybe an early lump sum and then smaller graduated payments over a fix period Of time. There's 1000 different ways to approach the numbers.

I mean, if you looked at some Civil Service jobs, after x years you get 50% of your Max salary. After x plus 10 years you get 75% or whatever. It's big, but manageable.

Okay, let's just drop the whole lifetime insurance thing. That's not that big a deal. That's pretty standard for your typical retiree.

if I were arbitrading, I would limit the planes usage to any transportation involving league functions. Its not unreasonable that Rogers going to have to attend it's hearings and ceremonies and such.

Maybe offer some sort of reduced rate for non league travel. Strictly because those plans are just depreciating assets if they just sit in a hanger somewhere. Might as well get some money out of them. So that wouldn't be huge hang up for me either.

The 50 million a year is a little steep even given his salary. But again, that's something you can work with. Maybe an early lump sum and then smaller graduated payments over a fix period Of time. There's 1000 different ways to approach the numbers.

I mean, if you looked at some Civil Service jobs, after x years you get 50% of your Max salary. After x plus 10 years you get 75% or whatever. It's big, but manageable.

See, I think the owners should just tell Roger Goodell, fock off, you suck, no deal for you. Then find a new commish.

See, I think the owners should just tell Roger Goodell, fock off, you suck, no deal for you. Then find a new commish.

You would think. But it seems Goodell has some sort of leverage. Let's face it, we know he destroyed the spy gate tapes. Did they contain info that a SB was tainted? And if he was willing to do that, what other underhanded things has he done for his overlords? There is more than meets the eye here, or he would have been on his ass a while ago.

You would think. But it seems Goodell has some sort of leverage. Let's face it, we know he destroyed the spy gate tapes. Did they contain info that a SB was tainted? And if he was willing to do that, what other underhanded things has he done for his overlords? There is more than meets the eye here, or he would have been on his ass a while ago.

I guess he must, interesting.

I'm hoping Smith is healthy enough to play and Green can spell him, if necessary. Otherwise, yeah, they're going to have to give him some help.

No Smith, no Lee, no Heath, no Zeke, no Bailey and the boys still win. :banana:

So now Jerry Jones is the face of Evil in the NFL, replacing Goddell? Or do the players hate them both?

With all that Botox, I doubt even Evil want JJ as it's face.

No Smith, no Lee, no Heath, no Zeke, no Bailey and the boys still win. :banana:

They played well for 30 minutes. Hope you had a good time MDC. :cheers: