Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Eli Manning the most overrated player in NFL history

This. Not everything is the "most _____ ever." In fact, most things aren't.

Eli is a good qb who had a curve ranging from pretty sh!tty at times to amazing at times. His legacy is pretty much built on the fact that the high points of his play happened when it was the most important, on the biggest stage.

Honestly, id say he's borderline HOF. Good stats, but mostly just because he played a long time and was never really hurt. Has the two rings. But was never even in the conversation for the top three in the league in any given year.

To me, that is critical.

Sure it'd be nice if he was great every week or every season.

But twice the Giants were knocking on the door and he got them a championship. Against one of the greatest sports dynasties ever, no less.

No question dude belongs in the hall.

It is close for me. But I am sure he will get in, and a lot quicker than one would expect.

So he may be a little overrated. Obviously HOF wise....Superbowls mean a lot.

It is close for me. But I am sure he will get in, and a lot quicker than one would expect.

So he may be a little overrated. Obviously HOF wise....Superbowls mean a lot.

Too much.... He is not close to being in the same class as fouts, moon, Marino, Kelley,

Too much.... He is not close to being in the same class as fouts, moon, Marino, Kelley,

But maybe Ken Stabler

Moon? That guy ever win anything? Maybe one playoff game? I know he blew a 35-3 lead in a playoff game once. Sorry, Eli gets the nod there.

Moon? That guy ever win anything? Maybe one playoff game? I know he blew a 35-3 lead in a playoff game once. Sorry, Eli gets the nod there.

In 2005, I'd say yes.

it is 2017, how dare you be so racist?

Ht's favorite movie: Once Upon a Time in America

Favorite food: Pizza, bagels and knish

Favorite sandwich: Pastrami on rye

Favorite actor: DeNiro

Favorite singer: Springsteen or Billy Joel

Favorite song: New York, New York - Sinatra

Favorite TV show: NYPD Blue

Favorite landmark: Statue of Liberty

Favorite vacation spot: Cape Cod

Favorite car wash: that place Charles Oakley owns in Yonkers

His dad is an Irish immigrant of course.

Anytime NY comes up he has an anecdote about some guy he used to work with who knows that person.

I bet the Nye Mets are his favorite squadron. :rolleyes:

His dad is an Irish immigrant of course.

Anytime NY comes up he has an anecdote about some guy he used to work with who knows that person.

I bet the Nye Mets are his favorite squadron. :rolleyes:

Just like any Boston person's favorite pastime: Racism

aside from wasting some early years in the cfl, he joined the nfl in 84 with a bad Houston team. glanville took over in 87 and the team improved significantly. moon did not have a losing season after 87. he implemented the run and shoot which boosted moon's yards and tds. this system also put a lot of pressure on a decent defense, hindered their ability to work the clock at the end of halves and games, and increased his ints. only 3-7 in playoffs. his first 5 playoff games were meh. his last 5 were very good and did not contribute to their losses.

he certainly had perks and punishment as a result of the run and shoot. i do not think many qbs could drive that offense well. from what i have seen from both eli and moon, moon was a much better qb.

aside from wasting some early years in the cfl, he joined the nfl in 84 with a bad Houston team. glanville took over in 87 and the team improved significantly. moon did not have a losing season after 87. he implemented the run and shoot which boosted moon's yards and tds. this system also put a lot of pressure on a decent defense, hindered their ability to work the clock at the end of halves and games, and increased his ints. only 3-7 in playoffs. his first 5 playoff games were meh. his last 5 were very good and did not contribute to their losses.

he certainly had perks and punishment as a result of the run and shoot. i do not think many qbs could drive that offense well. from what i have seen from both eli and moon, moon was a much better qb.

Did you see that Eli won two title games on the road in overtime? Did you see that Eli engineered two fourth quarter come backs to win Super Bowls? Moon didn't do one thing close to that, never mind four. Sorry, 4 gigantic, historic wins counts for a lot more than a 3-7 playoff record.

Did you see that Eli won two title games on the road in overtime? Did you see that Eli engineered two fourth quarter come backs to win Super Bowls? Moon didn't do one thing close to that, never mind four. Sorry, 4 gigantic, historic wins counts for a lot more than a 3-7 playoff record.

i understand that you are not very objective about this. my original post referenced qbs who are excellent qbs who have not won a super bowl. bradshaw won more than eli, but i think eli is better. there are factors involved in teams beyond qb that impact success and wins. i mentioned that eli has had very good moments/drives (i have seen some wonderful passes from him).

you look at houston's system, indy's defense (for payton), buffalo's timing (era was dominated by nfc).

brady's early years, ben's early years, dilfer/bal, nyg..... running game/defense drove those championships. even look at a couple of recent superbowls for NEP.... vs sea, wilson passes on the gl. vs atl. full collapse in the 2nd half

i understand that you are not very objective about this. my original post referenced qbs who are excellent qbs who have not won a super bowl. bradshaw won more than eli, but i think eli is better. there are factors involved in teams beyond qb that impact success and wins. i mentioned that eli has had very good moments/drives (i have seen some wonderful passes from him).

you look at houston's system, indy's defense (for payton), buffalo's timing (era was dominated by nfc).

brady's early years, ben's early years, dilfer/bal, nyg..... running game/defense drove those championships. even look at a couple of recent superbowls for NEP.... vs sea, wilson passes on the gl. vs atl. full collapse in the 2nd half

I don't know why you say I'm not objective. Eli has many, many QB's in front of him. Some with no or one ring. Moon isn't one of them. I don't get to draw a line at some point?

I don't know why you say I'm not objective. Eli has many, many QB's in front of him. Some with no or one ring. Moon isn't one of them. I don't get to draw a line at some point?

Moon did have seasons where he lead the league in yards, tds and some other categories. The only category Eli has lead in is Interceptions, 3 times.

Moon did have seasons where he lead the league in yards, tds and some other categories. The only category Eli has lead in is Interceptions, 3 times.

Poor Barry had a bad line, cut him some slack. Eli has had a bad line for 6 years now, too bad. I like how it works around here.

only 109 away from Favre's once thought unreachable total of 336

If he plays till 40 he can do it

only 109 away from Favre's once thought unreachable total of 336

If he plays till 40 he can do it

But Favre will never have more rings.

18-1

But Favre will never have more rings.

18-1

He will not

Never looked at Eli's playoff stats before. They've made it 6 times; 2 Superbowl wins, 4 times one and done. Feast or famine with this guy.

Never looked at Eli's playoff stats before. They've made it 6 times; 2 Superbowl wins, 4 times one and done. Feast or famine with this guy.

he can thank kyle williams for 2011/12.

also did not help that smith/49ers only converted 1/13 on 3rd down.

he can thank kyle williams for 2011/12.

also did not help that smith/49ers only converted 1/13 on 3rd down.

Coughlin had two guys back returning punts because of the field conditions. Harbaugh only one. Harbaugh clearly is due blame about those fumbles. And Eli got his ass kicked that game and kept getting up. Did you watch the game or just read the box scores?

Yup. Although that first year you would never pin that loss on Eli. Brad Hoover tore the Giants up that day. Brad Hoover. Remember him?

Coughlin had two guys back returning punts because of the field conditions. Harbaugh only one. Harbaugh clearly is due blame about those fumbles. And Eli got his ass kicked that game and kept getting up. Did you watch the game or just read the box scores?

Oh, was watching it. 9ers defense did its job. Gore was effective. Davis had a great day. Smith couldn't convert. With Kyle's muff in ot, I don't think nyg had to move the ball to kick the winning fg. I don't think Eli had much of an impact in the outcome.

Yup. Although that first year you would never pin that loss on Eli. Brad Hoover tore the Giants up that day. Brad Hoover. Remember him?

Panthers. Don't remember him tearing up the Giants though, got to admit.

Edit: You sure that wasn't Deshaun Foster?

For all you on the Eli fence, let's just get it out of the way.

Eli IS getting in, period.. We can argue the merits, but really doesn't matter - he's a lock.

Eli IS getting in, period.. We can argue the merits, but really doesn't matter - he's a lock.

This.

Panthers. Don't remember him tearing up the Giants though, got to admit.

Edit: You sure that wasn't Deshaun Foster?

Probably. Long time ago. For some reason Hoover sticks out. It was a rout

The Giants were dead last in rushing in 2011. Who wrote this, Tommy Flanagan? Yeah, that's the ticket! Good job Ed.

You are partly to blame if he does

You are partly to blame if he does

Oh I don't know about that - I'm certainly not on the voting panel.

Just pointing out that there's no way in hell a Qb from a storied franchise such as the Giants, who's a 2x SB champ, a 2x SB MVP and with the last name of Manning is not getting in - it's a lock, it will happen.