Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Why do most gays talk so funny ?

Just a question.

The sing-songy up ending voice or the lisp voice.

I assume it's to let others know they are gay?

Just a question.

The sing-songy up ending voice or the lisp voice.

I assume it's to let others know they are gay?

I hear lots of straight "men" with the lilt at the end of their voice. Makes me sick.

There is actually a documentary called the gay voice. It discusses the subject as well. I only know that because I had the same damn question. Look I don't care if you're born in such a way that you like sucking , but that voice is a total affectation. It's phony. You're not born with that voice so shut the fuk up and talk like a man.

I know straight guys and gay guys that talk like normal people. In fact I know a couple guys who are border patrol agents who are tough as s*** who talk like men act like men and f*** men. None of my damn business. Just keep that faggity ass voice away from me.

Uptalk or Upspeak is the term.

The high rising terminal (HRT), also known as upspeak, uptalk, rising inflection, or high rising intonation (HRI), is a feature of some variants of English where declarative sentence clauses end with a rising-pitch intonation, until the end of the sentence where a falling-pitch is applied.

HuffPo bravely addresses this topic:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-william-allen/what-exactly-is-gay-voice_b_7797402.html

I know a gay couple that would shock you. They both look like Vikings. Tattoos and arms the size of tree limbs. Neither speaks that way.