Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Your team - 2016 Scouting Report

Dallas

This team is eagerly ready to return to the mix and expectations were soaring high with the returns of Romo, Dez and O. Scandrick. When you factor in the arrival of Zeke - many all over had this team as a strong NFC East favorite.... Then, FOCK - the yearly injury hit - and it hard and it hit early. Losing Romo was crushing and it was deflating... In years past - it would be over and the season would be a toilet flush.... But things are different now - there is a glimmer of hope that has coaches and fans still a bit optimistic.

PROS

* The offensive line is even better than last year - the best in the biz.
* Dez is healthy and ready to go... As is our best cover guy in Scandrick, who we lost last year.
* Zeke - is narration needed? The guys up front are giddy with what this kid can do - combined, they will keep this team in games more than people think.
* Alf Morris - you read this right. He's going to be a viable luxury to have behind this line. Just bcoz Zeke goes out - the train won't stop.
* Byron Jones - a rare good thing about this defense. He will finally play his natural position of FS.
* NFC East - anyone scare you? Yea, me neither.
* Schedule - we have one of the lesser strength schedules out there.

CONS

* Defense - it's bad, arguably worse than last year.
* For at least 4 games will be w/out or starting ends.
* Lost our MLB for 10 weeks - our starting replacement is a midget in Hitchens.
* S. Lee is healthy, for now. He's already been banged up and has had an MRI. He suffered 2 concussions last year - only a matter of time before he's out.
* Scandrick is back, but he's looked slow in his return.
* Our defensive front is a hodgepodge of nuts and bolts - nobody that scares coordinators.
* Our best blocking offensive TE is out - indefinitely.
* Red Garrett is still HC - and he's still among the worst in the league with managing the clock.

I purposely left Dak off - bcoz depending on how you view him, could be a pro or a con - prolly a bit of both. I absolutely love him - for many things that don't even show up on a stat sheet. I think he will struggle at times. But I also think he's 1) our best option right now and 2) he's going to shock the hell out of a lot of doubters, make many plays and keep this team in some games come the 4th quarter.

Best case: 10-6
Worst case: 6-10
Probably: 8-8

Chiefs

Afc west Champs, home field throughout, super bowl winners

Chiefs

Afc west Champs, home field throughout, super bowl winners

If ever a year was there for the taking in the AFC, this is it. I'm sure Oakland is thinking that too.

Eagles: This should be a mediocre team at best, but they're one of the more interesting stories out there just because of all of GM Howie Roseman's offseason moves and the changes at head coach (Doug Pederson) and QB (Carson Wentz). This team has the potential to be a complete dumpster fire and get lots of people fired. On the other hand, I am not a Roseman fan but I have to give him credit for having the cahones to put his stamp on so many major offseason moves. I'm much more excited to watch the Eagles today than I was a month ago.

Pros:

* The defensive line should be very good.

* Improved secondary.

* Jim Schwartz' system fits the personnel better.

* Seemingly better depth at OL.

* Zach Ertz.

* Wentz seems to have very good physical tools.

* Special teams has been a net positive for several years now.

* Green-Beckham is a specimen.

Cons:

* Dreadful defense relying on the new DC for improvement.

* Added OL depth, promptly lost their starting RT (pending suspension) and they're old.

* WRs were awful last year and look bad this one.

* Lack of quality depth at RB behind Mathews.

* Wentz is jumping from North Dakota State to Week 1 starter - growing pains.

Best case: 10-6

Worst case: 4-12

Prediction: 6-10

I think the defense will be vastly improved and it will keep them in a lot of ugly football games. I like what I've seen about Doug Pederson and the coaching staff's overall professionalism will be appreciated. I think Wentz is going to take his lumps early but he absolutely looks the part. There's a lot to be encouraged about here.

That said, I just cannot look at a team with rookie QB and such a glaring lack of playmakers anywhere on O and pick them to win more than 6-7 games.

If ever a year was there for the taking in the AFC, this is it. I'm sure Oakland is thinking that too.

it's the only way I'll get over this down year from the Royals. That or give me another Jayhawk NC please.

:thumbsup:

Miami Dolphins

I knew when Dan Marino retired in 2000 the Dolphin's would stink for a few years while rebuilding. Nobody could've imagined it'd take 16+ years and counting. I realize how spoiled Dolphin fans were growing with Marino and thinking every season "we've got a shot to win it all!."

Now I know what it's like to be a Browns fan. The season hasn't started, and it's already over. Same as next year. Life sucks.

Bears

Pros, we get to play Detroit

Cons, we're pretty shitty

I still root for old gun-slinging Cutler, but he made a fool out of my prediction about how his career would pan out. He's down to his last few seasons in Chicago before he's out of the league. With virtually nothing to show for it, other than a crap ton of money the Bears over-paid him.

Can someone explain to me why the Packers cut Sitton? I have looked near and far and there is no a logical reason to the move.

Tennessee

Pros

The line is much better. Murray and Henry will be beastly this year. Mariota is a very good young QB. Walker is one of the better tight ends in football.

The front seven is pretty good, and is coached by D!ck Lebeau.

Cons

The WR's and secondary focking blow. Hard.

Best case

9-7

Worst case

3-13

Likely

6-10

Can someone explain to me why the Packers cut Sitton? I have looked near and far and there is no a logical reason to the move.

Money. Plus they play in that horrible division, so they can take their time and work a young guy in.

Money? Like what do you mean? He had 1 year left. They couldnt get under the cap without the cut? If so that id poor planning.

Time to work young guys in? When you have a championship team it boggles my mind to go and cut your best lineman a week before the season. Just nuts.

Money? Like what do you mean? He had 1 year left. They couldnt get under the cap without the cut? If so that id poor planning.

Time to work young guys in? When you have a championship team it boggles my mind to go and cut your best lineman a week before the season. Just nuts.

Well, they want to allocate that money elsewhere. Don't know what else to tell you.

The first story leaked was that TT and Co cut Sitton so they you could use the 6M to resign Lang, Bak & Tretter. What I'm hearing now is that isn't the case, TT was pissed because Sitton is a little mouthy...critized game plan week 16 Arizona and a few other incidents, and this is the real reason for cutting Sitton.

I'm over TT, either promote Wolf or bring back Schnieder, I think it was a miracle they won it all in 2010(getting to face returning Vick, rookie Ryan and so so Bears team in NFC championship). TT strength is consistency, but he doesn't know when to swing for the fences hence his teams are good but never great/elite. Top QB for the last 8 years and his team have 1 SB appearance, that's a fail IMO.

It just doesn't add up to cut him to be able to resign elsewhere in season. If that is the case then cut him months ago and give your other guys 1st team reps. Makes zero sense to go through a camp and prepare for him starting only to go a full 360 1 week out.

The only thing left is that story about TT butting heada with him. He knows who is left to re up in season. He knows every aspect of the cap and what they face months ago.

The guy had 1 year left. Maybe he is dealing with nagging injuries all of a sudden and thatbis what put the move over the top. Not sure but it seems so bizzare.

You have a championship team and you dump one of your top 5 or even top 3 players 8 days before the season starts. Crazy.

* Lack of quality depth at RB behind Mathews.

What's your outlook on Mathews this year?

I got him in the 8th (I think) and have to start him until Jamal gets healthy.

Pats

Pros: best franchise in professional sports. Bennett is better than Hernandez. Loaded D.

Cons: Goddell cries when he masterbates

Best case: 16-0 SB champs

Worst case:12-4, gets unlucky in playoffs

I like Matthews as a FF commodity. You know when he is healthy he will produce. And you have the luxury of finding a replacement when he gets hurt. I'd rather bank 8-10 games than have a guy That drops turds while in the starting lineup but who may end the year with more total FF points. It's why I like Arian as well.

If he can stay healthy he's assured of 250-300 touches which he should turn into something like 1,200 total yards and 6-8 TDs. That's a low end RB2 / really good flex in most leagues. Sproles has a very clear low usage role. Barber had a good preseason but I don't see him or Smallwood as a special talent or someone who will steal serious carries.

Pats

Pros: best franchise in professional sports. Bennett is better than Hernandez. Loaded D.

Cons: Goddell cries when he masterbates

Best case: 16-0 SB champs

Worst case:12-4, gets unlucky in playoffs

Burn in hell.

Go Fish!

Wolves - I am excited to see the continued maturation of Towns. Watch Lavine finally make the leap. He is going to be an offensive star.

It will be interesting to see if Wiggins ever learns how to rebound.

I like Matthews as a FF commodity. You know when he is healthy he will produce. And you have the luxury of finding a replacement when he gets hurt. I'd rather bank 8-10 games than have a guy That drops turds while in the starting lineup but who may end the year with more total FF points. It's why I like Arian as well.

If he can stay healthy he's assured of 250-300 touches which he should turn into something like 1,200 total yards and 6-8 TDs. That's a low end RB2 / really good flex in most leagues. Sproles has a very clear low usage role. Barber had a good preseason but I don't see him or Smallwood as a special talent or someone who will steal serious carries.

Thanx for the input :thumbsup:

Thanx for the input :thumbsup:

My caveat is that the OL may just suck. Lane Johnson is looking at a 10-game suspension at some point and Peters gets dinged a lot these days. They could just have trouble running.

But fantasy is all about volume and Mathews is the clear #1 option which makes him valuable if he can stay healthy.

*Sigh*

Browns

Well, it seems as if the Browns finally are getting serious about rebuilding. The new Moneyball brain trust is stripping the team down to the bare bones and acquiring sh1t tons of draft picks in the process. All 14 of their picks made the team this year, and some prominent veterans like Karlos Dansby and Paul Krueger were released to allow these young guys to play. We finally were able to get the coach we wanted and he was in place well in time for the draft. If RG3 can stay healthy, we have a bridge until we find a franchise QB, and in the meantime, high draft picks were spent on wide receivers.

No matter what, though , the Browns will suck more than usual this year as the rebuilding process begins.

Pros

This is not a half-ass attempt at a rebuild. They are all in, which is definitely what was needed.

If their picks pan out, they could have one of the league's best receiving corps in a few years.

Josh Gordon will be back in game 5

His Jackson is generating some excitement as an experienced head coach.

Cons

Holes at every, and I mean every position. This happens when you whiffed on every first round pick since your return, save for Joe Thomas and Joe Haden.

We lost our center and replaced him with a first round revolving door in Cam Erving. Any browns QB will be running for their life all year

Although it's important that the young kids play, they will absolutely suck this year.

Best case scenario: 5-11

Likely scenario: 2-14

Worst case scenario: 0-16

Thwy believe his talent was sliding, combined with back injuries and a big price tag. They have other big contracts coming up next year and feel good where yhe are with Linsley, Tretter, and Taylor.

That said, it made semse to me to keep the line intact and if he geta hurt, so be it. Also, if this was the plan, why didnt Taylor get more work with the 1s.

Hoping its the case of cutting a guy maybe a few months early rather than too late.

Just no matter how it is spun it will never make sense for a championship team to dump their best linemen 8 days before the 1st game. It has to be at least part feelings and egos which is pathetic.

Thwy believe his talent was sliding, combined with back injuries and a big price tag. They have other big contracts coming up next year and feel good where yhe are with Linsley, Tretter, and Taylor.

That said, it made semse to me to keep the line intact and if he geta hurt, so be it. Also, if this was the plan, why didnt Taylor get more work with the 1s.

Hoping its the case of cutting a guy maybe a few months early rather than too late.

They believe is a bunch of BS. He graded as the best pass blocker for GB last year and was the only guy not to miss a start. Contracts coming up for next year in no way effect this year's line and this in wasn't a cap issue either. TT was butt hurt about some things Sitton said and decided to make ship him out. TT failed at his job, which is to put the BEST team on the field. The first time AR limps off the field because Lane Taylor couldn't do his job, start questioning whether TT should be leading this team anymore.

Just no mattee how it is spun it will never make sense for a championship team to dumpntheir best linemen 8 days before the 1st game. It has to be at least part feelings and egos which is pathetic.

With the ridiculous bounties some teams are getting in lopsided trades - I wonder why they didn't try to trade him instead.. Or maybe they did, I don't know... I know more than a few teams called Dallas asking about the price tag for Ronald Leary - and he's no Josh Sitton.

With the ridiculous bounties some teams are getting in lopsided trades - I wonder why they didn't try to trade him instead.. Or maybe they did, I don't know... I know more than a few teams called Dallas asking about the price tag for Ronald Leary - and he's no Josh Sitton.

Word is that TT tried to trade him, but first he doesn't do a lot of trades and I doubt he's got the connections with other GM's to pull it off any cut day. Second and more importantly, the news broke to NFL insiders early in the day(didn't leak to reporters until 2) that Sitton was going to be cut, GM's knew they basically could wait it out at that point. Considering he got a raise from the Bears, Sitton's value or current health isn't in question.

I'm over TT running this franchise at this point, he's good at putting together the foundation, but he doesn't have the stones to take the risks that get a team into the elite category. That's why GB is constantly winning 1 playoff game and going home each year. And before anyone tells me how most teams would be happy to have that one SB, I think it's absurd to have a QB as talented as AR and only advance to one SB. And they advanced by backing into the playoffs, needing a miracle win by TB just to get the last WC and then beat Michael Vick led Eagles, rookie Matt Ryan Falcons and Cutler led Bears that had a way below average offense, that was a good team that lucked into a subpar playoff field.

Mccarthey said "a lot of things went into this" and stuff like this is about the team. And locker room. Well players are confused and this is a random thing right before the start. This brought the team apart.

What a shitty way to kick off the season. Here division rival...take out best linemen.

Mccarthey said "a lot of things went into this" and stuff like this is about the team. And locker room. Well players are confused and this is a random thing right before the start. This brought the team apart.

What a shitty way to kick off the season. Here division rival...take out best linemen.

I like MM, I think he's a good coach who is constantly having to work with way too many young players and less talent because of TT's philosophy and stubbornness.

I like MM, I think he's a good coach who is constantly having to work with way too many young players and less talent because of TT's philosophy and stubbornness.

Sounds like a cakewalk compared to having Jerry Jones as a GM. :D

:(

New England Patriots

Pros:

- Defense has been improving over the last 3 seasons and looks to be an elite unit this year - they make plays, sacks, turnovers, etc.

- WR / TE / RB pass catching talent may be better than ever (collectively). NE has 4 TEs on the roster and an extra Guard that also plays TE. All to go along with Edelman, Amendola, White, and newcomers WR Hogan and RB DJ Foster. NE will lineup and pass out of 2 and 3 TE sets this year.

- OLine, Coach Dante Scarneccia has returned for NE and the Line looks healthier than they were last year. Oline play will be much better

- AFC East team have yet to rise to NE's elite level, each year there is an upstart, but they always come up short

- Gostowski, don't underrate an elite kicker if you really want to win games. this guy is clutch, accurate, and long.

Cons

- Brady suspension, backup Jimmy Garapollo hasn't looked great in pre-season

- Brady suspension, #12 may return to a team that's already lost a few games and can't afford to give him time to settle in

- Injuries, a concern for every team but NE has a few key players that have to stay healthy (Brady, Gronk, Collins, Hightower, Butler). It's almost a guarantee that NE TE's and WR will miss some time, hopefully it's nothing lengthy.

- @ARI first game - will probably overwhelm Garapollo in his first game and may start some over-reaction. NE could probably go 0-4 without Brady and still have a good shot at the playoffs, but that first game @ARI looks bad right now.

Bottom Line:

May be one of the most complete teams ever during the Belichick / Brady era. If they can survive Brady['s suspension, this team could dominate on both sides of the ball.

Just no matter how it is spun it will never make sense for a championship team to dump their best linemen 8 days before the 1st game. It has to be at least part feelings and egos which is pathetic.

what championship team is that ?

With the addition of Shkodran Mustafi at center back, the defense is solid. If Arsene Wenger can find the right combination of midfielders from several very talented players to accompany Mesut Ozil, and one of either Lucas Perez, Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez emerge as a consistent, credible striking threat, Arsenal have a real shot at the title this year. Of course it was their's for the taking last year, but that's another story.

• Like 1

Defending NFC East Champs Washington Redskins

1st off, Lets face facts. The NFC East is weak and the Cowboys and Eagles starting rookie QBs makes it almost laughable. The Giants have no chance with a new coach (see pre-season).

Offense

QB – If Cousins matches last season the Skins will roll to another Division Title. If he improves they have a shot at the NFC. B+

RB - ??? Jones, Thompson, who knows. C

WR/TE – Best overall corp in the league. If Doctson is healthy and Vernon Davis has his legs they are looking at those guys plus Garcon, DJax, Crowder (59 catches as a rookie last year), Reed and Niles Paul. A+

OLINE – Pretty much same as last year, which means an improvement with several youngsters getting better. Better than average. B-

Defense

Secondary - Norman, DHall, Brutan and Breeland , 4 Vets, all good A

Front 7 – The Skins move so many guys around that you really can’t break them up into 2 units. Kerrigan is good for 10+ sacks. Will Compton is a great player that no one knows. Preston Smith is about to be a household name who will go for 15+ sacks this year. The rest are very solid. B+

Kicker and Punter. Best Combo the Skins have ever had. A

Head Coach. Has done what he has had to do. A

High end 13-3 , Low end 9-7.

Defending NFC East Champs Washington Redskins

Low end 9-7.

Definitely will be revisiting this down the road.

Definitely will be revisiting this down the road.

Coming back for more, huh.

In all seriousness the Skins won the division last year and are better this year. All the others might be worse.

In all seriousness the Skins won the division last year and are better this year. All the others might be worse.

Their schedule isn't...

This really isn't a shot - but I think only Skins fans truly think they "won" the division last year. Most believe they just happen to be the last team standing on the pile of shiat... The Birds were in turmoil, NY was out of sorts with a dreadful defense and Dallas lost Romo and Dez... The Skins had no wins against wining teams and went to the matt in the games they won against losing/bad teams. I think all agree your WR corps is stacked - but nobody, outside of fans - believes Cousins is the real deal. Hell, even the Skins brass doesn't believe it - otherwise he'd be locked up like a prized virgin.

Philly will not challenge this year, agreed. But NY spent $200m this offseason in their defense and added depth at WR themselves. Returning a SB winning QB to boot - they will not be laying down again.. And Dallas - laugh now. I don't think you will be come December.