Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Riot in Charlotte

His family said Scott, an African-American, was unarmed and sitting in his car reading a book, waiting for his son to come home from school.

But Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney said Scott exited his car with a gun, not a book. He said officers couldn't find a book at the scene.
"It's time for the voiceless majority to stand up and be heard," the police chief, who is also black, said Wednesday.
"It's time to change the narrative because I can tell you from the facts that the story's a little bit different as to how it's been portrayed so far, especially through social media."

Putney said both evidence and witnesses support the officers' claim that Scott was armed.
Officers repeatedly told Scott to drop his gun, Putney said, but he didn't. Officer Brentley Vinson, who is also black, then shot him.
The chief said he was not certain whether Scott pointed his gun at officers; Vinson was not wearing a body camera at the time.
But a person doesn't have to point a weapon directly at police to spur deadly force, CNN law enforcement analyst Art Roderick said.
"You don't have to actually wait until a handgun is pointed at you because you're talking milliseconds of a decision as to whether you're going to pull your trigger, or that individual is going to pull their trigger," Roderick said.

The perp/victim, the officer and the police chief all African American.

He had a gun and didn't comply.

Yet they still loot.

Another thing, more whites have been killed by police this year than blacks, we just don't get all hyped up about nonsense so the media doesn't report on it. THAT SIMPLE.

Stop complaining, no one is out to get you, the only problem is untrained police officers.

Another thing, more whites have been killed by police this year than blacks, we just don't get all hyped up about nonsense so the media doesn't report on it. THAT SIMPLE.

Proportionally? Remember, there is always this angle.....

The perp/victim, the officer and the police chief all African American.

He had a gun and didn't comply.

Yet they still loot.

Another Weekly African American Holiday ( Obama's Amerika )

If you are looting in a riot or a natural disaster you should be killed on the spot. That should be a law.

It is law. More people died getting killed from looting than were killed because of hurricane Betsy back in the late 1960's.

During Katrina, a wealthy jewish attorney here hired a security team of former Mossad agents to protect his home and the homes around his in his gated community. Legend has it that, if you didn't belong there, you ended up a few blocks away in the river.

Maybe Black Americans should be taught how to interact with Police. why is this always the cops fault, criminals resisting arrest deserve bad thing that happen to them.

Resisting arrest is not a capital crime.

• Like 1

The officer was African American. This shiit isn't racial....its that in many black communities there is a thought to "Fock the Police" and sometimes they do not comply, resist, etc. which escalates situations.

This one...no, it isn't racial. Others may have been or at least have racial connotations as far as how one race is treated or dealt with in comparison to another.

Resisting arrest is not a capital crime.

Agreed. That being said, if you are injured due to your own stupidity in resisting arrest, I am ok with that.

This one...no, it isn't racial. Others may have been or at least have racial connotations as far as how one race is treated or dealt with in comparison to another.

How do we know that fore sure? How can we be sure this wasn't a hate crime based on race? Because the cop was black? Is that the determining factor?

I love when the alt-right says things like "more whites have been killed by cops than blacks" to support their argument, but then say we should ban all Muslims from entering the US, when yore more likely to die from a strike of lightning. Where's the "more Americans have been killed by lightning than terrorists" argument from the alt-right? :wacko:

I love when the alt-right says things like "more whites have been killed by cops than blacks" to support their argument, but then say we should ban all Muslims from entering the US, when yore more likely to die from a strike of lightning. Where's the "more Americans have been killed by lightning than terrorists" argument from the alt-right? :wacko:

But at the same time you wouldn't allow your daughter to play outside in a thunderstorm.

Dumb stats. Im sure falling vending machines kill more people annually than sharks but im not gonna be in shark infested waters anytime soon and ill happily use vending machines still. All muslims should be banned from the usa, thats just common sense and the smart thing to do. It sounds extreme but so are they (couldnt resist.).

Dumb stats. Im sure falling vending machines kill more people annually than sharks but im not gonna be in shark infested waters anytime soon and ill happily use vending machines still. All muslims should be banned from the usa, thats just common sense and the smart thing to do. It sounds extreme but so are they (couldnt resist.).

Well, that goes against everything this nation was founded upon. It will also do absolutely nothing to make us more safe, so I'll have to politely disagree. :)

Lightning strike comparison is debunked. Get a new one.

Proportionally? Remember, there is always this angle.....

No, but remember blacks commit a proportionally higher amount of crimes than whites.

I'm gonna guess the correlation is damn near even.

Black people over the past 2 years have been killed while not committing a crime, not carrying a weapon and yet you are still blaming black people.

It's our fault because Tawana Brawley told a lie 30 years ago.

It's our fault because there are black criminals. Not that there are white ones of course.

The problem is the "cause" has attached itself to cases where the person shot was doing wrong (Michael Brown being the biggest one...and now if they do the same with the way this one appears in Charlotte)

Agreed. That being said, if you are injured due to your own stupidity in resisting arrest, I am ok with that.

Oh, I would agree. I think resisting and you get a little extra umph to taking you down...Im good with that.

The narrative some portray of...listen to all instructions even if unarmed or be shot is where I take issue.

How do we know that fore sure? How can we be sure this wasn't a hate crime based on race? Because the cop was black? Is that the determining factor?

I think the cop being black in addition to the man likely having a focking gun in his hand at the time would make it less about race and more about a person being stupid.

Now...is it possible a white man in the same situation does not get shot? I don't know. If he raises the gun or even makes a move with it...I have zero problem with any race of cop shooting any race of idiot dumb enough to do such a thing.

Look, I think most all people want our law enforcement to be the best, the brightest, the cream of the crop. But what mainstream profession has only that?

You can get a group of any subset of people and at least 5% of them will be crazy/idiot/weird/racist/not prepared for their job.

That's whites, blacks, old, young, doctors, lawyers, cops, accountants, people with long index fingers. Any group of the populace. At least one out of twenty will be depressed, anxious, crazy, ill equipped.

So as a citizen.....don't run from the police. If they say get down....get da Fock down. If you brandish a weapon in their presence and they yell drop it, then focking drop it! If you are driving, and blue lights pop off, don't speed away!

I don't care what color you are. It just so happens a subset of AA culture seems to not understand this, then cries foul.

Looting begins, one person shot. We need better leadership. New leadership, the establishment has failed.

Are y'all watching what's going on in Charlotte?

Black cop, shoots a black dude with a gun who will NOT drop his weapon, and a black police chief saying it was justified and the media portrayal is BS.

Yet the BLM group, this subset are protesting, looting, acting like GD animals.

Enough is Enough.

Black cop, shoots a black dude with a gun who will NOT drop his weapon, and a black police chief saying it was justified and the media portrayal is BS.

Enough is Enough.

Yes we know.

But we arent reading your long winded broken record posts.

Yes we know.

But we arent reading your long winded broken record posts.

I've think I've maybe posted 5 times today. :lol:

Glad you remember doe.

Maybe I ran yesturday with the tulsa ramblings into today. Its the same posts with a few words changed around.

No doubt...I think I read somewhere the family claim he was in the car reading a book waiting to pick up a kid.

They didn't find a book anywhere. They did find a gun and apparently witnesses corroborating the cops story. Sounds like another tough trial where there is fault but not to the level of criminal fault

Enough is Enough.

Morons...they glom on to tje wrong examples and look like idiots killing any even small part of their cause that may be just.

I think allowing them to have their own state might not be such a horrible idea. Somewhere down south where it all began. Do a study and trace all the families who made their fortunes off the backs of slaves and take their assets and divvy it up amongst the blacks, add a nice hand written apology letter, here's your new state and let's move on. Police yourselves, educate yourselves and we're gonna get back to our lives. Take good care.

I think allowing them to have their own state might not be such a horrible idea. Somewhere down south where it all began. Do a study and trace all the families who made their fortunes off the backs of slaves and take their assets and divvy it up amongst the blacks, add a nice hand written apology letter, here's your new state and let's move on. Police yourselves, educate yourselves and we're gonna get back to our lives. Take good care.

I was researching Native American tribal law after reading an article about a guy at Foxwoods in their parking garage with a gun and warrant out was shot and then 'fell' from the top of the garage. If you are Native American and commit one of 16 major crimes like murder, assault with a deadly, rape, etc. it is prosecuted federally although I'm not sure who does the investigation, probably feds. If it is a lower level crime the max sentence is 1 year in jail and/or $5000 fine. They are generally immune from civil suits.

seems like a good deal until you remember they got wiped out, land they have lived on for centuries taken, marginalized.

I was researching Native American tribal law after reading an article about a guy at Foxwoods in their parking garage with a gun and warrant out was shot and then 'fell' from the top of the garage. If you are Native American and commit one of 16 major crimes like murder, assault with a deadly, rape, etc. it is prosecuted federally although I'm not sure who does the investigation, probably feds. If it is a lower level crime the max sentence is 1 year in jail and/or $5000 fine. They are generally immune from civil suits.

seems like a good deal until you remember they got wiped out, land they have lived on for centuries taken, marginalized.

Yeah, they got screwed. We got lots of splainin' to do. We, as a nation, have done some pretty awful sh1t. If you believe in karma we are pretty much doomed.

In a way it's like the Alawites hanging on to power in Syria. White ppl in America know that the day we become the minority and lose control we are focked.

Yeah, they got screwed. We got lots of splainin' to do. We, as a nation, have done some pretty awful sh1t. If you believe in karma we are pretty much doomed.

It all comes back to you, you'll finally get what you deserve

Try and test that, you're bound to get served

Now, in light of irrefutable visual proof of black looters and black violence, all of the talking blackheads are going out of their way to refer to the looters and rioters as "certain individuals".

...Yet they have no problem painting all of "blue" with one brush.

...And the media is NEVER going to hold these people accountable for that kind of hypocrisy.

• Like 1

Stop watching the MSM. The only way that media will change is when people en masse stop taking them seriously and change the channel.

Well, I guess North Carolina can no longer blame losing the Super Bowl and the All Star game on the bigots and tranny haters. :overhead:

Well, I guess North Carolina can no longer blame losing the Super Bowl and the All Star game on the bigots and tranny haters. :overhead:

Tranny haters? They can't find a vowel.