Sign in to follow this  
edjr

2016 PGA Tour Championship - Tough work but someone has to do it

So when the U.S. wins you can suck my c0ck since it will be the greatest win the ryder cup has ever seen.

In your eyes...

-inferior squad

-fowler was awful pick

-awful captain

-pressure of 1000 moons

So to overcome that and arise to the greatest pressure golf has seen would be nothing short of amazing....would it not?

The greatest cup ever played.

Nice ill see you back here when they win.

It will indeed be an upset, and absolutely - be glad to suck or kiss anything you have bcoz I will be ecstatic that we finally won again... But if we lose - don't go run and hide,

One thing we do have on our side, law of averages. As dumb as it sounds - we will eventually win again. But these aren't Wadkins led teams anymore - we need somebody to step up and be a leader, somebody to look the Euros in the eye and say, "Fock you, bring it!" We've not had that in a very long time.

Why would I run and hide? We are supposed to lose.

But I have the kiss of death advantage in Ed's pick.

America wins. Woooo. Flower.

Why would I run and hide? We are supposed to lose.

But I have the kiss of death advantage in Ed's pick.

America wins. Woooo. Flower.

Me and Ed are both the kiss of death. Almost a lock we win based on that.

Did get a kick out of DL3 today - said he may have greatest them ever assembled.. Nope, no pressure there.

And again I understand this format is a different mindset than your typical 4 day tourney. But I really dont get this middle linebacker mentality? Foxk you bring it??? Most golfers play their best when not riled up.

It is golf not a wrestling match. Play well and arise to the occassion when you have big moments to win a match.

The euros play well because honestly they do not care. They tease and are showmen more than the U.S. squad but they do well in this format because they arent that serious. It is laughs and really just a go for it attitude. It isnt a game of tug of war. It isnt the dyke ironman competiton. It is golf. Euros just have more of a oh well what the hell attitude. U.S. team is tight or in your opinion should be amped. I dont see it that way. Different format but you still hit the little white ball....why get out of character?

And again I understand this format is a different mindset than your typical 4 day tourney. But I really dont get this middle linebacker mentality? Foxk you bring it??? Most golfers play their best when not riled up.

It is golf not a wrestling match. Play well and arise to the occassion when you have big moments to win a match.

The euros play well because honestly they do not care. They tease and are showmen more than the U.S. squad but they do well in this format because they arent that serious. It is laughs and really just a go for it attitude. It isnt a game of tug of war. It isnt the dyke ironman competiton. It is golf. Euros just have more of a oh well what the hell attitude. U.S. team is tight or in your opinion should be amped. I dont see it that way. Different format but you still hit the little white ball....why get out of character?

I know you don't get it, that I believe... It's a shame you weren't around during the days of Seve - you'd realize just how foolish it sounds to say the Euros don't care.

Plus they are way better

lots of people were championing kevin na as a captains pick... im assuming that sentiment has changed because he is shitting the bed in a stroke play event, right?

lots of people were championing kevin na as a captains pick... im assuming that sentiment has changed because he is shitting the bed in a stroke play event, right?

Yea I was one who liked him a few weeks back. Prolly better options now - hence, the Horschel Rule plays a role.

Then again, who's the real stinker pick: the guy who's pulling up the rear at the Tour Championship - or the guy who wasn't worth a shiit enuff to even qualify for the Tour Championship....?

I know you don't get it, that I believe... It's a shame you weren't around during the days of Seve - you'd realize just how foolish it sounds to say the Euros don't care.

Do they want to win? Sure. Seve isn;t here. But it is a more go for it and whatever happenes happens appraoch. The Americans have a bite down on the mouth piece appraoch. There is a difference in my opinion. With this committee it shows again that they are trying just way to hard, They have the players....not like 20 years ago advantage but they have the better players period.

The attitude of the Euros pleases this format more. U.S. should not get mad or say fock you bring it. They should have more fun with it and let their skills shine. There is no fock you bring it attitude that will work.

Do they want to win? Sure. Seve isn;t here. But it is a more go for it and whatever happenes happens appraoch. The Americans have a bite

The attitude of the Euros pleases this format more. U.S. should not get mad or say fock you bring it. They should have more fun with it and let their skills shine. There is no fock you bring it attitude that will work.

Wow.

US wins with reseverd Davis Love.

Then you can come back here and be Amerian again,

:rolleyes:

good input. I have golfed for 24 year you 39.

you are god and old.

What's wrong junior, past your bed time? Seem cranky.

I'm with edro - give me Rory...

when nothing is on the line. YES!

:clap:

when nothing is on the line. YES!

:clap:

Hell has officially frozen over.. The odds of us both getting one right, on the same pick, is not even calculable. :D

The 2nd shot Rory hit on the 1st playoff hole was one of the greatest shots I've ever seen - stupid good.

I'm sorry but the fact DJ puked all over himself, shot a final round 73, came in T6th and could have still won the 10 million if Ryan Moore won, is a complete joke

I'm sorry but the fact DJ puked all over himself, shot a final round 73, came in T6th and could have still won the 10 million if Ryan Moore won, is a complete joke

Things shape up different if Day doesn't w/d too.

The 2nd shot Rory hit on the 1st playoff hole was one of the greatest shots I've ever seen - stupid good.

link?

link?

Did you see it? 8-iron, from the rough, downhill stance, 213 yards, over a bunker. And got it to stop, insane.

Did you see it? 8-iron, from the rough, downhill stance, 213 yards, over a bunker. And got it to stop, insane.

didnt see it, do you have a link? :)

So Rory winning $11m is like Ty Webb with all his un-cashed checks just lying around his house. Prolly never even notices.

So Rory winning $11m is like Ty Webb with all his un-cashed checks just lying around his house. Prolly never even notices.

why did I read it was 15 mil? :dunno:

Oh that's in EURO :D

Rory McIlroy wins Tour Championship in playoff, clinches $15.3 million payday with FedExCup title

With the play-off prize and the $US1.53 million ($2 million) winner's cheque, four-time major champion McIlroy earned a total payday of $US11.53 million ($15.1 million) at East Lake in Atlanta, Georgia.
World number two Dustin Johnson finished tied for sixth but after coming into the season finale atop the FedExCup standings would have still claimed the play-off bonus if either Moore or Kevin Chappell had won the tournament.
Chappell was eliminated at the first hole of the play-off, the par-five 18th where McIlroy missed a two-metre eagle attempt that would have won it all.
Moore drained a three-metre birdie putt at the first play-off hole and he and McIlroy returned to play 18 again, both emerging with pars, as they did at the third play-off hole, the par-three 15th.
The fourth play-off hole took them to the par-four 16th, where McIlroy belted a 300-metre drive. Moore had made his par-saving putt when McIlroy stepped up and drained his birdie attempt.
McIlroy's triumph came at the same 16th hole where he surged into the play-off mix by holing out from just under 130 metres out in the fairway for eagle.
He followed that with a tap-in birdie at 18 to cap a 64 to join Moore, who also carded a 64, and Chappell, who shot a 66, on 12-under-par 268.
England's Paul Casey also posted a 64 to finish alone on 271. Japan's Hideki Matsuyama signed for a 69 for 274.
Adam Scott was the best-placed Australian in a share of eighth place on 4-under for the tournament following a 5-under 65 in the final round.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-26/glory-for-rory-as-mcilroy-wins-fedexcup-title/7876506

why did I read it was 15 mil? :dunno:

Oh it might be, I really don't know. I was just assuming it was the standard $10m for the Cup and then another mil or so with the win. Makes sense it has gone up - prolly closer to $15m.. I wonder if he even notices that though. :dunno:

Oh it might be, I really don't know. I was just assuming it was the standard $10m for the Cup and then another mil or so with the win. Makes sense it has gone up - prolly closer to $15m.. I wonder if he even notices that though. :dunno:

cant believe the EURO dominates the US dollar that much

Did anyone catch Kevin Na playing the final round in just under two hours? 1hr 58min to be exact. He was in the 1st "pairing" out but was a single due to Day stubbing his toe. They showed him jogging to the ball in between shots. Birdied the final 4 holes.

Did anyone catch Kevin Na playing the final round in just under two hours? 1hr 58min to be exact. He was in the 1st "pairing" out but was a single due to Day stubbing his toe. They showed him jogging to the ball in between shots. Birdied the final 4 holes.

I went to Florida last October to play.

Had the 1st tee time on a Sunday at 7 am. Played with some dude I didn't know, we had one cart.

we were done by 10:15

the good life.