Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder thinks Aretha Franklin got cancer because of "global warming"...

http://www.noise11.com/news/stevie-wonder-we-should-celebrate-aretha-franklin-and-continue-her-legacy-20180819

Stevie Wonder visited the ailing star days before she died and said that at that point she was unable to speak.

"We have to celebrate her life and continue the legacy by letting people of all the various genres hear the music that influenced us all," Wonder told CBS This Morning.

Wonder drew a line between the increase of cancer and the ignorance of global warming. "I just feel that all these various diseases that we have and all that is happening in the world in part is because there are those who dont believe in global warming, dont believe that what we do affects the world," he said. "Heat affects the world and affects us. I just hope that people will grow up out of the foolishness and know that we all, by how we think, how we view, how we treat others, we will never unlock the key until we truly let go of the hatred, the bigotry, the evilness, the selfishness. We do that and we can unlock some of those things that keep us in this place".

He had known about Aretha's condition for a while. "I've known sometime about her condition, and I just prayed, even though the odds were very, very, very crazy when you think two out of 100 would succeed or would beat this thing," he said.

Wonder was in awe of Aretha's incredible talent and that incredible voice. He compared her Otis Redding cover of 'Respect' to her cover of his song Until You Come Back To Me'. "It's amazing what she did with that song, originally done by Otis Redding. Similarly to that is Until You Come Back to Me'. I did it but the greatest gift for me was when I heard her sing Until You Come Back To Me'. Someone said on one of the channels yesterday when she sings your song she takes it and you don't get it back. That's what she did. I don't mind at all".

Wow...

I mean I can see why he's confused. When it comes to bad things happening it's either the Russians or global warming.

• Like 1

Deaf, Dumb and Blind. Stevie is 2 for 3.

How is he at pinball?

• Like 1

Sh1t. Maybe my cancer wasn't caused by eating poosay after all!

Sh1t. Maybe my cancer wasn't caused by eating poosay after all!

Maybe not eating puthy, but perhaps you got it eating Urethra?

Whatever the hell Ike tells her too think.

Kind of tough since he died in 2007...

Well hell, if Stevie can see it, anyone can. :thumbsup:

Well hell, if Stevie can see it, anyone can. :thumbsup:

I wanted to make this joke :(