Sign in to follow this  
Bert

How Bad Does The Electricity Situation in California Get

After the impending PG&E bankruptcy?

Shades of Gray Davis screwing up deregulation?

Will Erin Brockovich save the day?

I'm just going to sit back and laugh. :lol:

They have filed before and it did not impact electricity. It will affect people's claims in lawsuits and probably vendors that have outstanding AR with them, but not a ton else. The state ends up having to bail them out anyway because they are a utility. Had a good discussion about this yesterday since we are one of their big vendors.

They're in bed with P.U.C. I fully expect them to ask for, and be granted, permission to raise rates in order to pay any fines or lawsuits that result from their criminal negligence.

They are the gas utility as well. I used to trade that area quite a bit. Tough market to make money in. Better than the Socal market as they actually have a little demand once in a while. Based on temperatures only, I can see why people live there.

They have filed before and it did not impact electricity.

Side bet. The California rolling blackouts caused by old Gray.

I bet Skilling could help them figure it out.

Are you talking about past or future?

:lol: Totally screwed that up trying to type on my phone. The future. I have zero faith in the California doing anything intelligent during bankruptcy. Their agenda is 100% renewables and low rates for individuals. That should work out well. Also, other utilities have fire issues, given not as large, that will have to be dealt with in the future. The last governor that had electricity issue he screwed things up so bad he was recalled.

:lol: Totally screwed that up trying to type on my phone. The future. I have zero faith in the California doing anything intelligent during bankruptcy. Their agenda is 100% renewables and low rates for individuals. That should work out well. Also, other utilities have fire issues, given not as large, that will have to be dealt with in the future. The last governor that had electricity issue he screwed things up so bad he was recalled.

Correct. That state is ruining itself. They are really teetering on being truly leftist and abandoning anything centrist, and they are seriously focking that place up.....Venezuela 2

I bet Skilling could help them figure it out.

The exact reason I don't trust the California government to do anything intelligent. They were warned didn't listen and got screwed.