Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Browns trading Hyde to J-Ville

Just saw an alert that Carlos Hyde is headed to Jacksonville. Does that make it Chubb time?

Just dropped Royce Freeman for Chubb.

Must mean that Fournette injury is serious.....

Dammit dropped Chubb last week, how much faab to bid?

Dammit dropped Chubb last week, how much faab to bid?

all in....

FFToday has Carlos Hyde at #11 for ROS. Does this move him up, down or no change? My first impression is this move kills his value and renders him almost droppable.

I figured teams were pawing around the Brows for Hyde, but I was all wrong on which team would be the one to pay up. I must know what the cost was.

Also, should we all assume that Lenny is done for most if not all of the year? CRAZY FRIDAY!

FFToday has Carlos Hyde at #11 for ROS. Does this move him up, down or no change? My first impression is this move kills his value and renders him almost droppable.

I wouldn't drop him but I think this kills Yeldons value, and decreases both Hyde and Fournette. I think its a slit backfield going forward, with Hyde always being half of the equation.

all in....

I don't know too much season left to have nothing to bid with but half I may do, thanks for helping me to hash it out.

Have only one share of Hyde....but consider this very bad news. Gone from a startable RB getting most of the burn, to a guy sharing with Yeldon. If Fournette actually returns healthy at some point....forget about it.

I'm also wondering about this... I have a feeling this will definitely hurt his production moving forward.

Dropped Murray and picked up Chubb though

is Chubb a three down back, or does this open it up for Duke a bit?

Rotoworld took Hyde off the Cleveland Browns depth chart and have Duke Johnson as the RB1 :unsure:

is Chubb a three down back, or does this open it up for Duke a bit?

Duke will, no doubt get more burn.....but the unanimous winner is Chubb, who could potentially be a low RB1 moving forward.

Rotoworld took Hyde off the Cleveland Browns depth chart and have Duke Johnson as the RB1 :unsure:

Nick Chubb will start Week 7 against the Bucs.

Advice: With Carlos Hyde traded to Jacksonville, Chubb takes over as Cleveland's early-down back. This should be an upgrade for the Browns' run game, as Hyde was averaging just 3.4 YPC. Chubb has a blowup ROS outlook in a Baker Mayfield offense. He's an RB2 against a Bucs defense that will be without DT Gerald McCoy this week.

More: Scott Petrak on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Thank you Browns. Was looking for a 'beast mode' replacement when I saw the news!

From a 'real' football perspective, this doesn't make much sense to me. Yeldon was doing a great job filling in for L.F. & Hyde was struggling the last couple weeks ?

Oh well, just glad I have a replacement for Lynch.

Duke will, no doubt get more burn.....but the unanimous winner is Chubb, who could potentially be a low RB1 moving forward.

I only ask because Chubb is rostered already and due to byes I picked up Duke yesterday. Long term, it'd be nice to get Lamar Miller out of my starting spot.

What do you all think this means regarding Hyde's usage for this particular weekend? Today is Friday. The game is on Sunday. Is he playable or will it be too soon for him to get much game action?

What do you all think this means regarding Hyde's usage for this particular weekend? Today is Friday. The game is on Sunday. Is he playable or will it be too soon for him to get much game action?

Emergency start only imho

I'm most likely going to start Chubb @ Bucs and bench Hyde now...

Does this indicate Fournette going to IR? Why else would the jags do this?

Would not be shocked. At the very least, we must assume that Fournette is more serious than previously thought. I happen to be a Hyde and Fournette owner in one league, and would love some clarity.

5th rounder is kinda cheap. And the jags probably feel their season slipping away. They cannot afford to continue to wait for Lenny to get right. Who knows, maybe he is not doing all of the work they want him to do in the rehab, they are ticked, and they went another way just in-case?

I am a Hyde and Fournette owner also. This makes 4 out of my 5 backs all have a week 9 bye. Dammit. I don't get this move really unless they plan to pound Hyde.

This would be too easy (but awesome) for Hyde owners.

This is what I'm curious about. Also, Hyde has a 3-year deal. Is Jacksonville possibly thinking about moving Fournette after the season?

Missed Chubb but do have Hyde, not a fan of this move.

Going to move Hyde out of Flex and plug in Edelman or Landry now.

I don't know how they move Fournette if he doesn't find a way to make it through a whole game this year. It has to be an impulse move based on Lenny's health and a 5th round price. And Yeldon is the one who would likely get the boot next year I'd think.

Missed Chubb but do have Hyde, not a fan of this move.

Going to move Hyde out of Flex and plug in Edelman or Landry now.

For this week, I agree. But going forward, I think this is a big plus for Hyde. This tells me that Fournette has fallen out of favor in J-ville.

I don't know how they move Fournette if he doesn't find a way to make it through a whole game this year. It has to be an impulse move based on Lenny's health and a 5th round price. And Yeldon is the one who would likely get the boot next year I'd think.

They may IR him for the year and try to trade him in the offseason. They may even just release him. I don't know anything about what's going on there, just a complete speculation.

For this week, I agree. But going forward, I think this is a big plus for Hyde. This tells me that Fournette has fallen out of favor in J-ville.

I hope so, missed Chubb because I went to exercise :mad:

I knew exercise was overrated. :bench:

Perfect timing. Just picked up Chubb and dropped Lynch after his groin injury announcement.