Sign in to follow this  
The PosterFormerlyKnownAs

Yanny or Laurel: do you hear what I hear?

Its low, its clear, its not mistakable or ambiguous. Its Laurel. As clear as saying Apple vs hearing orange. Its pretty fascinating how some hear the high pitched Yanny. Boggles my mind, the brain is an amazing thing.

It's not focking laurel. It's yanny damnit

It's not focking laurel. It's yanny damnit

Not even a hint of a Y syllable on either end or the NN sound. Not even a little bit. It’s like it’s saying Dog and you hear Cat.

If you plug your nose while you listen and slightly tilt your head to the left the way the sound waves hit your ears youll actually hear the opposite of what you have been hearing. Crazy stuff.

So decided to try again. Same link, different method(Laptop Vs Cell phone) and I hear Laurel clear as day.

Hearing yanny is as foreign this way as laurel was when I first heard yanny.

Stupid

Yanny. I only listened once.

Well its a recording of the world Laurel so I guess get on the short bus with the rest of the weirdos.

Try this. This link is the same recording but without the weird high pitch background stuff that apparently only special people can hear. This is what the first post sounds like to normal people. Press the little speaker symbol next to the word.https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/laurel

When I first moved here, I would see volty talking about seeing things happen back home and just not getting it or knowing what the Fock people are talking about. I get it now.

Wtf? This is like the talk of the entire inter webs of late.

My girlfriend's niece played this on her phone tonight and I heard Yanny, but when I listen to the link in the OP I hear Laurel. I did the new york times thing and I'm way over to the right before I hear Yanny.

This is really dumb.

Now I clearly hear laurel when I listen on my iPhone headphones. Heard yanny when I originally played it through my pc at work.

Yanny. I do hear laurel on the ny times link when slid one click left of center.

Yup thats exactly what I hear. Yarry

When I first listened yesterday it was Yarry. The NYT link Mookz provided, the first time was also Yarry, and one to the left it was Laurel. I moved the cursor around a bit and then went back to center, now it is Laurel every time I try. :dunno: