Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Best way to compile music?

Realizing I'm pretty low tech relative to my generation.

I want to put together 45 mins to an hour of music for drive time with hiking partner. He doesn't really ever listen to music, though he can enjoy it, it's just not something he thinks about. If something is going in his car it's NPR.

I really only listen to music at home when I let Pandora play from my pc. I'm slowly making a list of music I'd like to include. What should be the vehicle (I've never paid attention to what modern cars use...USB?) What's the best service to get the music from?

In the other thread awhile back asking about careers you said you were in IT (after multiple others said the same, making it the hip trendy GC job of the time to say). Now you say you are low tech.

Busted, dusted and disgusted.

My work here is done, another one bites the dust.

The joke was that everyone seemed to be saying it. If I actually was, it would probably be surprising. Some geeks got it..

You're a smart (at times) guy tan.

Have mentioned a number of times I work at a HS (am starting something new next month).

Though there could conceivably be IT on site, it's at the district.

I want to put together 45 mins to an hour of music for drive time with hiking partner. He doesn't really ever listen to music, though he can enjoy it, it's just not something he thinks about. If something is going in his car it's NPR.

Since he listens to NPR why bother? Just devise a plan to knock him off a steep cliff and cover the body. :P

• Like 1

The joke was that everyone seemed to be saying it. If I actually was, it would probably be surprising. Some geeks got it..

Damn it, thought I had one. Ah well.

Based on his love for NPR:

I bet he drives a "sensible"car, such as a Honda, Subaru, or a Toyota.

He probably has a beard and a salon coiffed hairdo. Cares about skin moisturization. He wears very slender pants to make his feet look bigger. He wears his shirts with the sleeves rolled up, even though he doesn't do any work that would require rolled sleeves.

He has never killed and ate an animal.

His lovers close their eyes and pretend that a real man is mounting them.

Buy the guy a Pantera CD and tell him to toughen up.

• Like 1

I really only listen to music at home when I let Pandora play from my pc. I'm slowly making a list of music I'd like to include. What should be the vehicle (I've never paid attention to what modern cars use...USB?) What's the best service to get the music from?

Is this the same dude you asked us what u should do about a while back? He tried to move on u or something? Or you were teasing him or something? I have no idea why I remember this. The hiking cued me in I think. So what happened?

Make the playlist on your phone.

Pair the phone to car via Bluetooth.

Done.

Nice. That sounds really simple.

Does Spotify have an incredibly wide catalog? I'd like to find this if possible. That's probably a good representation of the more 'out there' ones.

Based on his love for NPR:

I bet he drives a "sensible"car, such as a Honda, Subaru, or a Toyota.

He probably has a beard and a salon coiffed hairdo. Cares about skin moisturization. He wears very slender pants to make his feet look bigger. He wears his shirts with the sleeves rolled up, even though he doesn't do any work that would require rolled sleeves.

He has never killed and ate an animal.

His lovers close their eyes and pretend that a real man is mounting them.

Buy the guy a Pantera CD and tell him to toughen up.

Hyundai. Sometimes has a beard. Went full mountain man at one point. His hair grows really fast. I was tempted about two winters ago to let him know the skin around his eyebrows was flaking something fierce. Definitely not a slender pants wearer. Wears button down dress shirts with the sleeves down and a super wide range of non-skinny ties, everything from British Museum artifacts to Christmas scenes. Tees and jeans on Friday. Eats meat, not sure what he's killed, probably nothing. Not a fan of guns himself but doesn't seem to mind that I might carry in the future. Wrestling champ in hs. Served on a nuclear sub. He's John C. Reilly level of obviously a man aesthetically (just not harsh on the eyes).

Is this the same dude you asked us what u should do about a while back? He tried to move on u or something? Or you were teasing him or something? I have no idea why I remember this. The hiking cued me in I think. So what happened?

Hmm. Wow, don't remember bringing that up. We've been friends, had one moment along those lines. I do actually like him though; realized that recently.

The music isn't a gift as it's for when we're both on the way somewhere. Just a good time to expose him to music.

Hmm. Wow, don't remember bringing that up. We've been friends, had one moment along those lines. I do actually like him though; realized that recently.

The music isn't a gift as it's for when we're both on the way somewhere. Just a good time to expose him to music.

Maybe it wasnt you. But I thought I remember a female poster struggling with a platonic/romantic relationship with a male hiking buddy/coworker. They would drive several hours alone on hiking trips.

Must be peenie or old maid.

Kidding. Yeah, that was me. I do remember talking about him here, just didn't remember that I shared the one thing. It was me approaching going to his place to watch a movie as literally just that (I have since learned autistic women make that mistake, ha) From the beginning I figured he must have liked me, but that he was okay with just being friends, possibly out of predicting our worldviews clash on big things, and reckoning I wasn't attracted. We talked about it. Year + passed and we've been fine. I'll be leaving that workplace though and I realized at the time that was coming together that all my separate feelings about this person add up to really liking him. He's more than 10 years older, and we maybe don't look like a matched couple, but I just realized I enjoy his company a lot, and getting physical wouldn't be off-putting, could actually be nice. Also I don't feel like there's any intellectual imbalance. If anything, he might, as he voraciously reads and hits it off easily with teacher peers. I'm not concerned though. I'll just be honest with him. As long as we can oddly still hike together through whatever :thumbsup:

Must be peenie or old maid.

Kidding. Yeah, that was me. I do remember talking about him here, just didn't remember that I shared the one thing. It was me approaching going to his place to watch a movie as literally just that (I have since learned autistic women make that mistake, ha) From the beginning I figured he must have liked me, but that he was okay with just being friends, possibly out of predicting our worldviews clash on big things, and reckoning I wasn't attracted. We talked about it. Year + passed and we've been fine. I'll be leaving that workplace though and I realized at the time that was coming together that all my separate feelings about this person add up to really liking him. He's more than 10 years older, and we maybe don't look like a matched couple, but I just realized I enjoy his company a lot, and getting physical wouldn't be off-putting, could actually be nice. Also I don't feel like there's any intellectual imbalance. If anything, he might, as he voraciously reads and hits it off easily with teacher peers. I'm not concerned though. I'll just be honest with him. As long as we can oddly still hike together through whatever :thumbsup:

Ha! Im not going crazy! Good luck to you.

• Like 1

Nice. That sounds really simple.

Does Spotify have an incredibly wide catalog? I'd like to find this if possible. That's probably a good representation of the more 'out there' ones.

Spotify has pretty much everything. But you have to have a subscription. It is the most worth the money thing ever though.

Sounds like a stud, I bet the tingles never stop.

Assuming you have a smartphone, download Pandora, Spotify, and/or Google Play Music. All three have free shuffle/radio options that play music similar to a song/album you choose.

And all modern cars either have a USB port or blutetooth to connect to your phone. If you are driving a 10+ year old beater they still sell the old cassette adapter > headphone jack thingamabob.