Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Doug Martin

Wow very good question.

If I own him I would have a tough time trusting him any higher then a flex play this Thursday.

I would trust him more than any other RB TB has at the time being

If you are asking about him, it probably means you need RB help

In that case I say he's worth putting out there above any of the likely waiver wire RBs

I would trust him more than any other RB TB has at the time beingIf you are asking about him, it probably means you need RB helpIn that case I say he's worth putting out there above any of the likely waiver wire RBs

It is him, Powell or Lynch in a PPR league.

I've said this in another thread, but I typically never play a guy coming back off a multi-week injury or a multi-week suspension. Le'Veon Bell missed training camp and it took him 4 games to begin to look like himself. That's not an apple-to-apples comparison, but the same was true last year when he was suspended. These guys are just too prone to injuring themselves that first game back (or reinjuring themselves, ala OBJ). I will sit them unless I have no other options. Plus the Tampa Bay HC (Koetter?) made a statement that didn't sound very committed to Martin. For me, until he proves otherwise, on the one team I have him on:

L Bell > C Hyde > C McCaffrey > J White > A Collins > D Martin.

• Like 1

He can't be worse than Beast Mode. He's going in my lineup over that bum. Ugh.

• Like 1

Also, has Martin not been practicing with the team?

Not allowed to practice while on suspension. He did go through training camp but then has to stay away from the facility.

This weekend I would go with Powell.

• Like 1

I have to start him in one league this week thanks to injuries and byes. Just have to hope for a touchdown or a fluke long run.

Pats def is bad enough he could do something with limited touches. Also the short week he will be fresh when everyone else isnt.

Martin and Powell

I don't trust Marshawn

i hadn't stopped to think about this aspect: if he hasn't been able to practice with the team, then i think one has to sit him (if you can) this week.

how does he possibly come in and do well after only a couple of days of walk throughs? i mean, he MIGHT, but can you really count on him that he WILL?

Martin was the back I grabbed in zero rb theory. Starting Coleman up to this week. Got start him so if I had a choice would probably sit him for a week but circumstance dictates starting him over my other choice Henry. Could grab lacy on wire but that gives me indigestion just thinking about it.

I think this is being overblown. I say start him. He went through a full training camp and has been training since. If it was a matter of he missed training camp I'd change my tune, but he practiced with the team all summer and played in preseason. Play the man and don't overthink it.

• Like 1

I think this is being overblown. I say start him. He went through a full training camp and has been training since. If it was a matter of he missed training camp I'd change my tune, but he practiced with the team all summer and played in preseason. Play the man and don't overthink it.

Would you start him over the wire rbs this week?

Would you start him over the wire rbs this week?

I suppose it depends who is on the wire. If it's the typical guys that are expected to be on the wire, yes absolutely.

Again, look at Le'Veon Bell from last year, who was there for training camp but missed the first few games of the season. Training camp is a JOKE these days. These guys might play 20 snaps, it doesn't get you ready for anything. Then add to it 4 weeks off (3 suspension games plus the moved bye week) and it's been a LONG time since Martin has put in a full workload. It took Bell several weeks to look like himself again. Game shape is a real thing, so is the propensity to injure yourself after not experiencing real game play. I sit him if I have anything resembling a decent option instead.

I suppose it depends who is on the wire. If it's the typical guys that are expected to be on the wire, yes absolutely.

Sorry I meant the group this week (colllins, Rawls, lacy, gallman etc)

Sorry I meant the group this week (colllins, Rawls, lacy, gallman etc)

I would start him over Collins, Gallman.

Rawls and Lacy is a tough one. I have absolutely no way to project touches there.

Personally, I would start Doug in this situation. But that's just me.

I like Collins this weekend.

I like Collins this weekend.

I'm starting both Martin and Collins.

If I had to choose one, I'd probably lean Martin, but it's close. Collins will be yanked if he fumbles again but if he can just hold on, he has potential for a big game - especially against OAK without a QB. Raiders D could be on the field all day.

I'd easily play Martin over Rawls or Lacy or Gallman.

I'm starting both Martin and Collins.

If I had to choose one, I'd probably lean Martin, but it's close. Collins will be yanked if he fumbles again but if he can just hold on, he has potential for a big game - especially against OAK without a QB. Raiders D could be on the field all day.

I'd easily play Martin over Rawls or Lacy or Gallman.

Agree with this. That BAL backfield is a complete cluster, and so is SEA and NYG.

I'm playing him this week over Cohen and Latavius, unless I read something really drastic before tomorrow night's game. Pats defense is league-worst, and even if he's not at peak performance after the time off, I think he has an excellent shot at scoring.

I've got Jacquizz and Martin and benching both this week in favor of Lev and Gordon. I'll see how they splits pan out but expect it to be even and then Martin takes the workload next week.

I've got Jacquizz and Martin and benching both this week in favor of Lev and Gordon. I'll see how they splits pan out but expect it to be even and then Martin takes the workload next week.

Way to go out on a limb with Lev and Gordon. Mr Vegas.

• Like 2

Not allowed to practice while on suspension. He did go through training camp but then has to stay away from the facility.

He's been playing a lot of Madden, though. So he's got that going for him to help improve on his 2.something ypc from last year.

I hope Doug do well, since I have Winston.

But I do need Cohen blow him out of the water since I boldly claimed Cohen > Dougie few weeks back.

Again, look at Le'Veon Bell from last year, who was there for training camp but missed the first few games of the season. Training camp is a JOKE these days. These guys might play 20 snaps, it doesn't get you ready for anything. Then add to it 4 weeks off (3 suspension games plus the moved bye week) and it's been a LONG time since Martin has put in a full workload. It took Bell several weeks to look like himself again. Game shape is a real thing, so is the propensity to injure yourself after not experiencing real game play. I sit him if I have anything resembling a decent option instead.

Last year Bell tore up KC 18 carries 144 yards and 5 catches for 34 yards. 17.8 Standard and 22.8 in PPR.

It's a short week so he's not going to get 30 reps

I expect a 50-50 split

50 and maybe a td. I don't love that Simms is around too. It takes some of Doug's floor safety away most likely. But the pats are quite terrible for now on defense so start him unless you have super sturdy/obvious options.

I like the match up but I need to wait and see for a week before I start him. If I was desperate at RB I would go ahead and gamble on him.

• Like 1