Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Looking Ahead To Redrafts 2015: First Four Rounds (12/19/14)

This is something I like to post on site every December and then update it every few weeks for a couple of months. The first edition assumes minimal team changes for the following players (which isn't realistic) and does not include potential rookies. This is just a glimpse of what a redraft (non-PPR) might look like for 2014 based upon what is known today. It is meant to generate some discussion, so feel free to disagree and/or offer up alternative choices.

Round One:

1. DeMarco Murray
2. Le'Veon Bell
3. Jamaal Charles
4. Eddie Lacy
5. Matt Forte
6. Demaryius Thomas
7. Andrew Luck
8. Arian Foster
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Marshawn Lynch
11. Antonio Brown
12. Julio Jones

Round Two:

13. LeSean McCoy
14. Adrian Peterson
15. Calvin Johnson
16. Jeremy Hill
17. Jordy Nelson
18. Rob Gronkowski
19. Odell Beckham, Jr.
20. Peyton Manning
21. Dez Bryant
22. C.J. Anderson
23. A.J. Green
24. Drew Brees

Round Three:

25. Jimmy Graham
26. Joique Bell
27. Josh Gordon
28. T.Y. Hilton
29. Randall Cobb
30. Alfred Morris
31. Jeremy Maclin
32. Alshon Jeffery
33. Mark Ingram
34. Ben Roethlisberger
35. Mike Evans
36. Justin Forsett

Round Four:

37. Emmanuel Sanders
38. Julius Thomas
39. Carlos Hyde
40. Kelvin Benjamin
41. Tom Brady
42. Andre Ellington
43. Lamar Miller
44. DeAndre Hopkins

45. Matt Ryan

46. Brandon Marshall
47. Tre' Mason
48. Rashad Jennings

Thoughts??

- if I am in 2 hole ppr, and guy ahead of me takes Murray?

I do BACKFLIPS and snag Le'Veon in a nano second.

GIFT.

This.

I'm biased because I own him in my dynasty league but barring injury he should be great for many years.

- if I am in 2 hole ppr, and guy ahead of me takes Murray?

I do BACKFLIPS and snag Le'Veon in a nano second.

GIFT.

In PPR, Bell is #1 obviously. This list is in non-PPR leagues.

In PPR, Bell is #1 obviously. This list is in non-PPR leagues.

- ok, my bad on missing that -

I still take Bell over Murray, regardless of format.

Great topic and worthy discussion. However, once again a 1 qb league which leaves 20-22 starting qbs NOT contributing to your point totals; need to try 2 qb and you'll never go back, ppr is also a must, even if just .5.

Want to keep my current team from this year but can only keep 1 of bell, lacy, demaryius, and luck.

Shameless bragging on my 2014 squad.

I'd be very surprised to see Murray go #1 overall. Past injury history and coming off high work load season is a lot of risk to take on at #1, so he'll probably slip to the middle of round 1. I see McCoy as a good bounce-back candidate after being a bit of a forgotten man in Philly this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip into the second round, but he could be a steal there.

Murray at #1 overall - As history has shown, the year after a RB gets as many carries as he has is usually a let down.

^

Especially his running style and injury history.

I'd be very surprised to see Murray go #1 overall. Past injury history and coming off high work load season is a lot of risk to take on at #1, so he'll probably slip to the middle of round 1. I see McCoy as a good bounce-back candidate after being a bit of a forgotten man in Philly this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip into the second round, but he could be a steal there.

McCoy has classic signs of RB on the decline. I would t touch him in first round for sure. Maybe late second.

Ben in rd 3?

The offense returns completely in tact next year with huge experience upgrade with Wheaton and a full year of M Bryant? Not much of a stretch

This is something I like to post on site every December and then update it every few weeks for a couple of months. The first edition assumes minimal team changes for the following players (which isn't realistic) and does not include potential rookies. This is just a glimpse of what a redraft (non-PPR) might look like for 2014 based upon what is known today. It is meant to generate some discussion, so feel free to disagree and/or offer up alternative choices.Round One:

1. DeMarco Murray

2. Le'Veon Bell

3. Jamaal Charles

4. Eddie Lacy

5. Matt Forte

6. Demaryius Thomas

7. Andrew Luck

8. Arian Foster

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Marshawn Lynch

11. Antonio Brown

12. Julio JonesRound Two:

13. LeSean McCoy

14. Adrian Peterson

15. Calvin Johnson

16. Jeremy Hill

17. Jordy Nelson

18. Rob Gronkowski

19. Odell Beckham, Jr.

20. Peyton Manning

21. Dez Bryant

22. C.J. Anderson

23. A.J. Green

24. Drew BreesRound Three:

25. Jimmy Graham

26. Joique Bell

27. Josh Gordon

28. T.Y. Hilton

29. Randall Cobb

30. Alfred Morris

31. Jeremy Maclin

32. Alshon Jeffery

33. Mark Ingram

34. Ben Roethlisberger

35. Mike Evans

36. Justin ForsettRound Four:

37. Emmanuel Sanders

38. Julius Thomas

39. Carlos Hyde

40. Kelvin Benjamin

41. Tom Brady

42. Andre Ellington

43. Lamar Miller

44. DeAndre Hopkins

45. Matt Ryan

46. Brandon Marshall

47. Tre' Mason

48. Rashad Jennings

Thoughts??

Ice cream headache

I think Hill in Round 2 is a bit of a stretch right now, but he does have the potential to justify taking him that high if Bernard gets off to a slow start next year.

McCoy has classic signs of RB on the decline. I would t touch him in first round for sure. Maybe late second.

I don't think that it's inevitable that it's beginning of the end. He is still young enough and has never really seen monster work loads. It's just been a weird season for that Eagles team. It is not unprecedented for a back to post good numbers after a down year due to TD vultures and other team circumstances.

Gronk needs to be top five.

Not because he is so awesome on his own, (he is), but rather because there is simply no one else currently that can match his production. IE he is the only tier 1 TE, barring injury whoever drafts him is going to recieve a level of production that other teams wont be able to match.

next year I expect 4 wrs to go in the first round and the top 10 to be gone by the end of the second round (12 teams)... the gig is up on running backs, so many injuries, so much in and out, you can pick up a starter (and mos to f us dod)

jdon

next year I expect 4 wrs to go in the first round and the top 10 to be gone by the end of the second round (12 teams)... the gig is up on running backs, so many injuries, so much in and out, you can pick up a starter (and mos to f us dod)

jdon

WR is the new stud position. Got to get at least one sure fire on your roster.

RB outside of Murray and Bell is completely interchangeable and almost entirely matchup based

I think Hill in Round 2 is a bit of a stretch right now, but he does have the potential to justify taking him that high if Bernard gets off to a slow start next year.

LOL

"I think McCoy in Round 2 is a bit of a stretch now, but he does have the potential to justify taking him that high if Sproles gets off to a slow start next year"...

My statement is basically the same as yours...how does it sound?

I think it is time to move ODB up into the first round. The kid is unstoppable.

• Like 1

I've found myself avoiding this site for most of the season and now I'm ready to indulge in over analysis.

This is a fun thread to start the off season. I've got some interesting keeper options, a couple of which should make their way on to this list with some changes. L. Murray and whoever wins the Seattle job pending a possible Lynch release. Is the Lynch talk fluff to get him to renegotiate that deal?

Edit: I don't avoid the site. ..meant avoid the bored. The trivial threads get to be over the top.

DEZ - did he not lead the league in TDs for WRs? Charles - 1st RD yes, but his health has been too good and hits have been too many. !st round 5 RBS, 2 QBs, and 5 WRs. (12 team) you pick em. Luck is 1st round, but needs a lot better team around him. At WRs, RBs, offensive line and defense. He is getting killed and eventually that takes you out.

after Bell, Lacy, Forte, Charles and Murray, my next 15 off the board are WR/TE

AP is an interesting situation though

Adrian Peterson with an entire season away from the usual wear and tear on the body-an improving Teddy Bridgewater and probably Vikings team in general-a chip on his shoulder-All Day could be back with a vengence.

Adrian Peterson with an entire season away from the usual wear and tear on the body-an improving Teddy Bridgewater and probably Vikings team in general-a chip on his shoulder-All Day could be back with a vengence.

If Vikes keep him.

If Vikes keep him.

Yes, good point. But I love the fact that he has had a season off without taking any physical abuse. If he stays or moves to an equal or better quality team he could be an extremely high reward player with little risk.

Why Hyde and Ellington in round 4? Justification?

Brandon Marshall behind Benjamin. Really?

Sanders is too low if Peyton is back.

I don't think that it's inevitable that it's beginning of the end. He is still young enough and has never really seen monster work loads. It's just been a weird season for that Eagles team. It is not unprecedented for a back to post good numbers after a down year due to TD vultures and other team circumstances.

The scary thing is that Polk has shown that he is a viable short yardage back. Add that in with Sproles (although another year older) stealing some passing down snaps and red zone work and you have a situation that is not ideal for a back in the first round that you want to be a workhorse.

Demarco Murray is also interesting. He has really started to slow down in recent weeks. There was a run today where he got to the 2nd level and then didn't have the juice to take full advantage of the opening. I think he is still a top 5 back because of the lack of depth at the position.

The scary thing is that Polk has shown that he is a viable short yardage back. Add that in with Sproles (although another year older) stealing some passing down snaps and red zone work and you have a situation that is not ideal for a back in the first round that you want to be a workhorse.

I can't disagree. There is certainly some risk with McCoy, but he could be a second round steal because he still has top five potential. I just think that the Eagles played in a lot of strange games this season and the O-line never really gelled. That led to more experimenting with different packages. If they can get the O-line settled and back in a groove, things could get back to normal.

Great list as always, Fumble.

Other than flipping Bell and Murray, and moving Beckham and Jeremy Hill into the first round I agree with the order of things.

I don't think Bernard will hurt Hill at all in 2015. He's clearly the lead dog in that offense now.

Always like these posts Kirk.

Standouts for me...

1. Ben Roethlisberger - I like Big Ben but I don't see his ADP reaching a 3rd round level. QBs outside of the Big 3 and (now Big 4 when you include Luck) start going in Round 4. I see Big Ben being grouped in with Ryan, Stafford and Brady in Rds 5-7.

2. Calvin Johnson / Odell Beckham Jr. - I'd flip flop these two and won't be surprised if you see Beckham's ADP push into the end of Round 1.

3. Josh Gordon - His off-field concerns are way to high to be drafted in Round 3.

Looking forward to the next version...

• Like 1