Sign in to follow this  
zombiel3

Survival Football tiebreaker help!

Hi guys, need help!

I run a double elimination Survival Football pool on Yahoo. The last 2 remaining Users were eliminated on week 9. Yahoo has declared them both the winner, however, it's a little more complicated.

User1 got weeks 1-7 right then forgot to pick in week 8 and then again in week 9 thus being eliminated. User2 made their picks every week, got 1 wrong in week 3 and again in week 9 thus being eliminated. User2 thinks he should win because he at least made his picks every week, and User1 thinks he should win because he had the longest streak before making an incorrect pick.

Here are my options:

1) Declare a tie and split the money 50\50 between the two of them.

2) Declare User2 the winner for making all their picks regardless of right or wrong.

3) Declare User1 the winner for having the longest streak before making a non pick.

4) Reset the group for just the two of them and have them battle it out in a single elimination for the remainder of the season.

The only problem with this is that because User1 had 2 'no picks' they have 2 more teams to choose from than User2 because you can only use each team once.

To get around this I could tell User1 that they can not use the most popular picked team for the two weeks that they didn't pick to make it even. Or I could just let them both start over from scratch and have all teams available for them to pick from starting at week 10.

If anyone else has any different ideas or wants to weigh in on this situation I'd love to hear your opinions. I need to get this sorted out before tonight's game.

Thanks!

Since no tiebreaker rule was set, u have to split the money. U can't make up rules as u go.. That's a bad commish.

• Like 1

I'm not making stuff up. They both want me to come up with something. Either split or continue, they left it up to me. I'm just trying to figure out what's fair.

I would have split no questions asked. The only reason I'm considering a tiebreaker is because of the 2 no picks. The guy who made his picks thinks that it's kind of giving up. 2 weeks in a row he didn't pick. He has a fair point.

So user 1 excuse was they were too busy and forgot? I don't think user1 gave up..

User 2 sounds like they will say whatever to win. User 2 should just be happy to split because if user 1 made thier picks then user 2 would probably win nothing.

Good point. Leaning towards a split since that seems to be the consensus.